SilviaciSilviaci's Perfume Reviews

Silviaci 4 years ago 1
Not really lady, but still great
Lovely, lovely scent, very sweet (it's reminiscent of candy floss and fruit candies, candied apple and sweet musk) but with an original underlying Hairspray note that really makes it stand out. Its sweetness might be excessive for many, but I love the effect and I find it very satisfying, especially for colder weather. More than a lady, it reminds me of a feisty teenager, but with a sophisticated twist.
Silviaci 4 years ago 1
Beautiful marine flowery
I'm not familiar with Phaedon fragrances and I chose this one to start exploring the house, because it's by Pierre Guillaume and I love how this handsome nose manages to get a tropical, escapist twist out of every fragrance he makes.
No exception here, where tropicality is allegedly stated in the name itself, Sable&Soleil (Sand&Sun).
The overall impression is of a soft aromatic with a floral accord. The base of sandalwood and jasmin provide some body for the vanilla-coconut heart.
The coconut effect is similar to Virgin Island Water: watery and transparent instead of gourmand and meaty.
In the dry down the aromatic aspects becomes more and more prominent, revealing a semi-bitter geranium and spice accord.

I sense the notes list isn't true to the ones I smell. I definitely smell an ozonic-salty note, plus the spicy, at times pungent notes, and a herbal vibe that are not listed.
Silviaci 4 years ago
Vanilla vanilla
This scent is super sweet, almost sticky sweet, but it's also a pleasant warming fragrance. It starts out with a very realistic chestnut flour note, but then the vanilla takes over and gives it a sugary twist.
The vanilla effect reminds me of Dries Van Noten, but Trastevere remains sweeter and a little bit fruity. It's very gourmand indeed.
Silviaci 8 years ago 6 1
Lovely man's fragrance
I was stunned by this: an ethereal green fern with a vetiver twist. I swear I smell some cyber melon in this, although it's not mentioned (could it be the grapefruit?). I find a slight resemblance to Un Jardin apres la Mousson, or also AG's Matin d'Orage. But it's definitely masculine. I'd love it on my man.