SirEmmittSirEmmitt's Perfume Reviews

Filter & sort
1 - 5 by 23
SirEmmitt 4 days ago 2 1
Dr. Loomis and the End of Summer
Samhain markes the end of summer and the beginning of the darker part of the year. There is no better fragrance than this one for the Autum. This is a quintessential Halloween fragrance.

Whenever I wear this I cannot help but think of the scene in Halloween II when Dr. Loomis, explains to the Haddonfield police what the word Samhain means after mispronouncing it.

SW's Samhain is dominated by Pumpkin, whiskey (but not boozy), and tobacco. Even though these notes take center stage, it's rounded out by some woods, spices, amber, and a nice light musk in the background.

This is a beautiful fragrance for a most beautiful time of year in my home state of Michigan. It's like a olfactive homage to a Midwestern U.S.A fall.

I get about 10 hours out of this with massive projects that's lasts hours. This is really saying something as my skin tends to eat fragrances.
SirEmmitt 10 days ago 1
Hommeland
On paper and per the reviews I thought I would really dig this one. So I bought a sample looking forward to a modern manly scent that tips it's cap to the classics.

This fragrance is manly and does remind me of Halston Z14 (a classic powerhouse in its own right.) Like Halston, Hommeland is a nice fragrance that just does not work with my body chemistry. It's a citrus forward fragrance and heavy citrus scents do not work for me, even though I do appreciate them on others.

Hommeland boasts a big punch of citrus, spicy woods giving a cinnamon vibe, and some sharp green notes. This is a nice fragrance and I imagine it would be great for most people.

SirEmmitt 10 days ago 1
Wet Fall Morning
When I spray this the first thing that comes to mind is a dark fall morning. With heavy wet air providing whiffs of sweet earthy damp leaves on the ground, with the heavy darkness of the night giving way to brightness of the morning.

Without a doubt the ingredients come together to give a damp fallen leaves scent, accompanied by lavender, musk, and a subtle bright citrus that really give this a unique character.

I really love to combine this with Stirling's Texas on Fire. This combo smells great, but not a crowd pleaser.
SirEmmitt 11 days ago 1
Amber Vanilla
This is a very nice well rounded scent dominated by amber and vanilla. The amber and vanilla create a sweet creamy amber woody scent. As it stays down it the woodiness joins in with some sweet resinous and tobacco qualities. Way into the drydown it becomes almost herbal.

Personally I enjoyed the drydown but the vanilla opening while nice just was not for me.

This has decent logevity and projection but is not very loud. It's a very tame balanced scent. This could be a crowd pleaser, way more interesting than other similar amber/vanilla scents on the market.
SirEmmitt 12 days ago 1
Creamy Coffee and Soft Leather
To be honest I was expecting this fragrance to be a little different. I was thinking this was going to be a dark bold fragrance, well it is not. This is probably a plus for most people :-)

Cuir Cafe is a combination of coffee and leather (as the name states). The coffee note comes off to me as a cappuccino type smell creamy and slightly sweet, and the leather is a soft suede. There is a subtle brightness to this one, that gives it a lighter softer character.

Personally this was not a winner for me it just came off a little too soft or tame for my taste. But it is a very nice fragrance with decent longevity and sillage. I can see this as a winner for most people.
1 - 5 by 23