SirEmmitt

Filter & sort
1 - 5 by 24
SirEmmitt 24 days ago 1
Smooth Fruity Leather
Plum Loco is a very smooth, refined and restrained leather fragrance. The plum note is not overly sweet. It's a very natural plum scent. Adding a touch of sweetness to the refined high end leather. At times Plum Loco almost has a subtle boozy note adding a little depth.

For my nose this was just OK. But I tend to like leather fragrances to be in your face and a little rough around the edges, dare I say loud and aggressive.
This however is very elegant, subdued and incredibly smooth. Very approachable and pleasent. It's a very nice scent just not really my taste.
SirEmmitt 2 months ago 2 1
Dr. Loomis and the End of Summer
Samhain markes the end of summer and the beginning of the darker part of the year. There is no better fragrance than this one for the Autum. This is a quintessential Halloween fragrance.

Whenever I wear this I cannot help but think of the scene in Halloween II when Dr. Loomis, explains to the Haddonfield police what the word Samhain means after mispronouncing it.

SW's Samhain is dominated by Pumpkin, whiskey (but not boozy), and tobacco. Even though these notes take center stage, it's rounded out by some woods, spices, amber, and a nice light musk in the background.

This is a beautiful fragrance for a most beautiful time of year in my home state of Michigan. It's like a olfactive homage to a Midwestern U.S.A fall.

I get about 10 hours out of this with massive projects that's lasts hours. This is really saying something as my skin tends to eat fragrances.
Hommeland
On paper and per the reviews I thought I would really dig this one. So I bought a sample looking forward to a modern manly scent that tips it's cap to the classics.

This fragrance is manly and does remind me of Halston Z14 (a classic powerhouse in its own right.) Like Halston, Hommeland is a nice fragrance that just does not work with my body chemistry. It's a citrus forward fragrance and heavy citrus scents do not work for me, even though I do appreciate them on others.

Hommeland boasts a big punch of citrus, spicy woods giving a cinnamon vibe, and some sharp green notes. This is a nice fragrance and I imagine it would be great for most people.

Wet Fall Morning
When I spray this the first thing that comes to mind is a dark fall morning. With heavy wet air providing whiffs of sweet earthy damp leaves on the ground, with the heavy darkness of the night giving way to brightness of the morning.

Without a doubt the ingredients come together to give a damp fallen leaves scent, accompanied by lavender, musk, and a subtle bright citrus that really give this a unique character.

I really love to combine this with Stirling's Texas on Fire. This combo smells great, but not a crowd pleaser.
Amber Vanilla
This is a very nice well rounded scent dominated by amber and vanilla. The amber and vanilla create a sweet creamy amber woody scent. As it stays down it the woodiness joins in with some sweet resinous and tobacco qualities. Way into the drydown it becomes almost herbal.

Personally I enjoyed the drydown but the vanilla opening while nice just was not for me.

This has decent logevity and projection but is not very loud. It's a very tame balanced scent. This could be a crowd pleaser, way more interesting than other similar amber/vanilla scents on the market.
1 - 5 by 24