SirEmmitt

Perfume Reviews
Filter & sort
11 - 15 by 24
Another PAA Winner
I have to admit that I am not a big fan of fresh and clean fragrances. To be honest they bore me to death. Fresh and clean is usually a hard pass for me.
However I came across Garden of Bali almost by accident. I was ordering some of PAAs hand sanitizer and selected this scent by accident. After realizing what I did I had huge buyers remorse.....then I used it a got my nose to this gem for the first time. I am glad I did.
I fell in love with this scent and ordered the EDP.
Garden of Bali is with out a doubt a Fresh and Clean fragrance, but in the most interesting way. It starts out with notes of citrus, white flowers and salty oceanic vibe. As it dries down some marine notes come in along with some green notes. And rounded out by a subtle resinous note that give it some mystery and just a hint of sweetness. But the scent remains very fresh throughout.
This is a great option for lovers of fresh fragrances, and especially to those that typically do not go for fresh scents but would like one in there rotation for the summer months.
Another OMS winner!
Ruby is my least favorite OMS line up. It's still really nice however and I do recommend it. It's a different side of One Man Show. It takes a little from the Gold edition and the Oud edition, and dials it down a little. To me it lacks the in your face qualities of the others.
Ruby offers Honey, a incense smokiene, resions, with some sabtle cedar, earthy notes, and a tiny bit of anamalic qualities.
Even though I don't hold on as high regard as the Origional OMS, or the Gold and Our Edition it is a very nice addition to the line up. But for those that like the idea of the OMS line but not the loud brashness of them, the Ruby Edition may be something to check out. For around $20 why not?
Expertise on Display
John Frum is a great fragrance, but very hard to describe. I have started typing a review several times but abondoned it because I wanted to make sure I truly captured the uniqueness and brilliance of this scent.
Douglas Smythe (the Perfumer for PAA) really flexed his perfuming muscle with this one. I love the use of “exotic” ingredients to create a familiar profile in a very unique and interesting way, breathing new life into a old familiar.
Aside from using some uncommon ingredients one thibgs that makes this scent so unique it there are two ways to experience John Frum.
When you spray this on your skin and really get you nose to it, John Frum presents itself as a classic mens musk scent. As you sniff and analyze this you will perscieve every ingredient. I found this to be very cool. Right away you get the bright citrus note from the Cedrat, and muskyness along with some greenish soapy sweetness from the Kava Kava. As it dries down the Ambergris and sea salt come in adding a very subtle marine like essence, and deepens the muskyness. Some spicienesss from the black pepper join in along with depth from the sandalwood. The Kava Kave in this really give it a unique pop that definatly setsit apart from other classic mens musk scents.
As I mentioned there is another way to percive this scent. As I was wearing it I would get whiffs of a barbershop style fougere. When I first noticed this I thought I was smelling something else, then I realized this was coming from John Frum. The scent trail on this is very barbershoppy. Then I realized this was coming from the Kava Kava. That sweetish soapy green note mixed with the other notes in such a way that it leaves a very natural barbershop style fougere like scent trail.` Very interesting.
For those that like unique scents, classic musks, or barbershop frags this is a must try. A masterpeice.
New version of the EDP
The listing for this fragrance looks like it's for the older Aftershave formulation. But I am reviewing the post 2020 EDP
La Tierra Mojada, is a wonderful fresh petrichor fragrance. The updated art work on the bottle is great.
This is a nice unique fresh slightly masculine fragrance, with good performance for a fresh frag.
It starts out with a character of light summer rain, with some floral, and green herbal notes and a light citrus in the background. As it settles into the drydown it a nice approachable peteichor that has a very natural vibe, accompanied by easy going green notes.
This is a great fragrance for a summer day (rain or shine) with family or in the office. But it will set you apart. A great offering for petrichor lovers.
SirEmmitt 4 months ago 3
The end of my Bay Rum journey
I went through a period where I really got into classic barbershop/wet shaving scents, which led me down the Bay Rum rabbit hole. I tried many Bay Rums from many different companies and they all have qualities that make them unique. Everyone has there little take on Bay Rum. Then I tried Stirling's and this was the best...in my humble opinion.
What struck as so great about is how expertly straight forward this is. It's simply a Bay Rum but in the best possible way. There is no coconut, or tropical vibe, no additional notes to try and may it "different". It's just a great Bay Rum.
This is does not come off as sweet although it does have some inherent sweetness. When first applied you are meet with a explosion of boozy rum, sharp spices (cinnamon, clove, and nutmeg), and a dark orange zest vibe. The spice and rum is so intense in the open you almost get a leather note. Weird but really cool.
As it settles down the rum dissipates and become a mild sugary sweet that is in the background, but the spices become the star of the show. It has a almost dry spice feel. The scent project as a almost dry scent, with orange zest adding a very subtle brightness to round it out.
Even though it start out beastly it settles into a lighter scent good for hot weather or the office.
The one note of caution I would give is that the clove can cause some stinging or mild irritation for the first 10 to 20 minutes.
11 - 15 by 24