SmellGoodGuySmellGoodGuy's Perfume Reviews

Filter & sort
1 - 5 by 39
SmellGoodGuy 1 month ago 2
The smell of a responsible man
A musky-floral, manly, concoction.

If you're a modern sharp dressing person, you'll definitely get a few compliments.

I wear it once in a blue and when I do, I enjoy it.

I was reading on another site how this smells like an old man. Sure, it's a DNA that is moved on from and the people who wore it then are now older. But no fragrance on earth will make you smell like an old man if you are not an old man. Just like there's no fragrance that can make you smell like a young man and you're not a young man. They're just older DNA's and contemporary DNA's. The contemporary DNA's of today will undoubtedly be criticized as smelling old 10yrs from now when new DNA's start to take hold.

Bottom line: If you like it, wear it. If you're old then no amount of shying away from stuff like this will mask such an obvious fact.

Personally, I like older DNA's and shy away from newer ones, because they smell different and remind me of some of the attributes of men who used to wear it when it was new. Attributes like responsibleness, being established, putting food on the table, etc..

Try it. Wear it with confidence. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised.
SmellGoodGuy 1 month ago 1
Beautiful!
Just smelled this elusive beast for the first time today. I was gifted a generous decant by an official rep. So generous I'm putting it on my "have" list even tho I don't have an actual bottle. The only other fragrance I've done that with is Commodity's Book. I have a sandwich bag full of 10ml samples.

Now, while I well know one can't base their opinion on an atomizer sniff (I didn't want to try it in, hot, humid weather and ruin my experience), I am prepared to offer a shaky first impression: Mind BLOWN!!! Full boom.

What I smell primarily, and no one has said this (that I've read, at least) are frankincense, a lightly sweetened, dry, amber accord and a high quality, smooth, oud.

The quality is in line with Cartier's other ouds, which is HIGH.

As of right now, I'm inclined to say Cartier is my third best fragrance house. Mathilde Laurent is a genius.

As it stands now my favorite houses, in order, are:

1) Amouage
2) Serge Lutens
3) Cartier

I would really be ok if you took everything away and just gave me those 3 houses to buy from.

Untill next time folks!
SmellGoodGuy 3 months ago 2
One of the best ouds money can buy!
I now have it! This is, hands down, one of the absolute best and most unique smelling ouds money can buy. This is deservedly on par with Frederick Malle's The Night when considering a top notch and luxurious oud. Albeit not smelling similar.

This smells like oud and muted amber and sandalwood. Oud being the front and centered star of the show. The oud is animalic, but in an appreciable way. The stank, imo, lends to it's intrigue.

In regards to it's texture, it's perhaps one of the smoothest, if not the smoothest, fragrances I've smelled or owned.

What I appreciate about this is it's wearability. Altho it's a stinker, it's blended in such a way that commands respect for the wearer. Granted, if you look the part. Something Malle's composition can't boast---at least not around just anyone---no matter what clothes you have on. Lol

Longevity is thru the roof. This is a one on the chest and one on the neck perfume. Anything more and it can be potentially off putting for some. Unless you're the night at the opera or gala going guy. In which case I would recommend no more then 4. (One on both wrist)

This is the kind of scent that is meant to draw people in. It's supposed to make people want to confirm the niceness of what it is they're smelling. It is NOT suppose to scream out. Again, the longevity is phenomenal and if you over spray this it's going to stay that way for HOURS. Making you the guy to negatively talk about. Lol

All and all, with this purchase, I'm now at point in my journey where I'm content. You literally couldn't give me stuff at this point. I don't want it, no matter what it is. In fact, I may start selling stuff.

The only thing I MAY grab is Amouage's Opus XIV - Royal Tobacco. Albeit, I don't need it. I have Fumerie turque, Atman Xaman and Zegna's "Strength", which I deem to be the best of the best tobaccos. It's just that when Amouage makes a tobacco, it's not to be taken lightly. Lol

Until next time folks...
Vanilla done right!
Just got a sample. REALLY good. And I'm not too keen on vanilla fragrances. This is done tastefully. Not too sweet, opulently smoky, unisex/feminine leaning... yeah. This is good.

Unique? I'm not too sure. It reminds me of something I either have or have smelled. In it's defence, how many ways can you do vanilla until it's all been done? In any event, this is vanilla done right!

Fbw?? For me, no. Only because I know I will own it and not wear it. I have enough sweet fragrances should the rare need or occasion call for it.

However, if I smelled this on a woman at some fancy gala or even club, I would be 100 percent intrigued.
SmellGoodGuy 3 months ago 2
Modern perfumery at it's BEST!
Far too often modern perfumery compensates intensity for quality or uses a quality star note and skimp out on the other materials used.

Not in the case of this. This screams quality thru and thru.

This is not only the best mint fragrance I've smelled, but also one of the best fragrances I've smelled. Period.

Everything is blended so beautifully and perfectly and altho it doesn't scream, it projects nicely and last all day.

In fact, I woke up to it on my shirt and it inspired me to write my thoughts down about it.

HYPER refreshing.

Citrusy, minty, vetiver-y, musky... everything on the tin comes out to play.

Excellently done and well worth the price, imo.
1 - 5 by 39