StamatiosStamatios' Perfume Reviews

1 - 5 of 14
Stamatios 3 months ago 1

No legend
I have to admit that I like this brand but I don't like to judge a book by its cover. Unfortunately here I can't see any legend or a hero. Legendary are the ink pens of this brand,but this send...I had higher expectations from him.It's a common fresh-citrus blend,rather synthetic and linear without own character or some clear notes.There are many intresting notes but the blend is not very well balanced and induce confusion in my nose.Performance is also average.To be fair,I will add that I had tested him many years ago and I admit that I liked him more.But now?May be a reformulation?
As I also tested twice a few days ago the Legend Intense,my opinion is that there is a big similarity between these scents but Legend Intense is more enjoyable,better balanced with nice drydown and better performance.So try before you order.

Stamatios 6 months ago 1

Summer in a bottle
Every time I spray him on my skin I have the same feeling: It's summertime!
Nice blend, very fresh and clean.Great and dominate marine notes,less citrus,fine lavender followed by gentle spicy-woody accords.I could also detect a dose of nutmeg and a splash of blackcurrant but I can not recognize any sage(the smell of sage, blackcurrant,myrtle and pine is characteristic of Samos island,the Greek island I come from,so I could not go wrong with these smells).
The scent is a little bit linear(I have no problem with this) and create a sense of an elegant fresh shower gel.There are similarities with Kenzo pour Homme and Versace Man Eau Fraîche but Mauboussin PLTO has it's own character.The longevity is not bad at all (minimum 6 hours on my skin) and sillage is decent.Last but not least,all the ladies I know like him.
In my opinion for less than 20 euros it is a bargain!

Stamatios 6 months ago 3

Acceptable but weak
Fresh lemon in the opening followed by levander and a pink pepper essence.Then remains citrusy and there are also some woody notes blended with a very small dose of amber.I can not recognize any cyclamen, Jasmine,vanilla, or patchouli.It is not a complex scent.i find it rather linear and a bit synthetic(sometimes I feel a slightly metallic essence).
The performance is really poor (longevity is about 3 max 4 hours in my skin,sillage...forget it).For me is ok after the shower,but if you get out of your home ,it is a better to bring it with you.
I wouldn't say that I don't like it,it is fresh,modern,youthful and easy to wear,but in my opinion Zara has much better fragrances than this.
There are many similarities with Gucci Guilty pour Homme,so If you like GGGPH this is a budjet alternative.

Stamatios 6 months ago 3

Classic and classy
After so many months since all the perufme stores have been closed in my country due to corona virus,the Greek goverment finally gave the permission to reopen a few days ago.So yesterday was a nice and hopefull day for me.As my old and favourite flask Cerruti 1881 (version from 1990) is almost gone I decided to try the 2005 version.
Well,this is a very unique,complex,well balanced and aromatic fougere.Because of it's complexity it is not the type of the fragrance you could safely recognize all the scent notes.it opens with some strong and refreshing citrusy notes followed by fine herbal,green and less woody notes .The dry down is more spicy,green and woody with a small drop of resin, but in my opininion there is also a fine leathery feeling.Longevity and sillage are fair,but not enormus.The bottle is a trademark and of course I like it.
In comparison with the 1990 version there are many similarities as also a few differences. The 1990 version,which I clearly prefer,is a little more complex,less citrusy,but morewoody, spicy(resin and gentle leather) and creamy in the finishing.Performance is better(lasting in my skin 1-2 hours more) and don't forget that my 1990 flask is opened for more than 25 years (!!!) and almost gone!
Summarising 2005 version is a quality ,manly,classy,versatile,citrusy, green and slightly spicy-woody Mediteranean fougere, for the most days of the year at a very decent price.

Stamatios 7 months ago 3

Memories from ''the not so distant past''...
I bought this as a promo package with Zara ''Strollinng Over Heaven''(both are Dior's alternatives) in the distant past,before corona virus(it's only one year why I feel that are five?) from a Zara store in Piraeus Greece. When I returned home my nephew visited me,so I decided to unbox and test them with him.
As I remember our first impressions were good,but as I had also bought from the cave a ''Nikka from the barrel''(an excellent well balanced Japanese whiskey) you know...we forgot them.Next day my nephew called me to remind him the names of the fragrances,because one of them remained all night into his skin and he liked so much but he could not remember which one it was that.So I told him to visit me to test them again(we had also the rest of the Nikka bottle...).After all he decided that he liked more the Ice Walk,so I gifted and I kept the SOH for me (i have posted a statement) .
Now ,why I am writting all of these?Everytime I visit him and wears the Ice Walk i do the same mistake.I asked him ''What is the scent you wear?It suits you and has a good sillage.''You know the answer.The problem is that after a year the bottle is almost gone and he can't find another one.
Talking about the scent is not something so extraordinary but is decent and works well,better in my nephew than me(he is more light-skinned than me and younger of course).Is very fresh,flowery,a little bit sweet and les citrusy and spicy.Sillage was a surprice for me as I noticed in my nephew.As I paid 14 euros for both,it is sure a bargain.
I remembered this litle story because the smaller perfume stores are opened again(Zara's stores remain closed yet) and I am ready to visit one again after so many months for a click away.i have ordered a ''Jacomo de Jacomo Deep Blue'' ,''Joop! Homme'' (i was refusing for so many years to buy it) and a tester of ''1881 pour Homme Cerruti''.I will write my coments soon.
Be healthy and keep digging for nice scents.

1 - 5 of 14