SteelerOperaSteelerOpera's Perfume Reviews

1 - 10 of 15

01/26/2019
1 Awards
I was looking forward to this with much anticipation. I love Alien for women and was hoping the men’s version was going to be something bold and daring as well. But after years of waiting, this release disappointed greatly. I am very proud of the fact that just hours after my YouTube review was released Mugler announced they are coming out with a flanker (they must have saw me asking for a flanker :) ). Hopefully it will fix the mundane problems this bottle has.

12/14/2018
This is a very well done fragrance that would do well in any occasion. This frag is versatile and impressive all at the same time. It is expensive but worth giving a sniff. More information in my YouTube review.

12/14/2018
Pleasant, uplifting opening that gave me hope that Daniela Andrier had made another good designer fragrance for men, but the drydown left something to be desired. Prada used to be one of my favorite designer houses, but their offerings as of late have not been too promising. It seems that after the release of Luna Rossa Extreme most of their fragrances have been barely more than a money grab and the talents of Ms. Andrier are being wasted. I share more thoughts in my YouTube review.

1 Awards
If you are worried about losing the last few drops from your Gucci PH, rest assured this one will do well as a much cheaper substitute, I dare say it might be a bit bolder. A wonderful dry - woodiness at the opening similar to Gucci PH1 and made by the same nose. Save your money, don't buy a vintage Gucci unless you get a great deal :)

12/13/2018
This one gave me hope that John Varvatos was going to not let me down again. I love many John Varvatos fragrances but they tend to suffer from bad performance. This one did not disappoint, but is that a bad thing?

12/13/2018
I wasn't a fan of 1, 2, or 3, but the different take on sandalwood using javanol made this one full bottle worthy. Please check out my review on YouTube :)

1 Awards
However, I prefer the original Y from 2017. I thought the original was a nice departure from the ambroxan dominant frags that are permeating designer fragrances now. This one is a much better performer, but to me hints of foul ambroxan.

11/09/2018
1 Awards
I was lucky enough to be able to smell this at Indigo Perfumery a week before the release date. Ann, the owner, received a sample of it and sprayed it on a card an hour before I arrived. Among the many cards we sprayed and put on her counter one stuck out beautifully; it was Hyde. She let me spray some on me and I can't wait till I am able to purchase a full bottle. My YouTube review is below.

04/04/2018
1 Awards
I saw 2 Auphorie on discount at my local shop and was interested in the other, then I gave Zen another chance and started falling for it. It opens with a sweet honey to my nose, but for the next 12 hours, it takes me on a journey where I realize this fragrance makes me feel good. Toward the future, I can see myself wearing this at first for me, then soon after it becomes clear this frag is for everyone to know and respect you. - A night in the East with no itinerary other than to explore is what I first felt when trying this. Soon I realize the strength I sensed at the top has deleted and now I am left to fend off the others, with just it's beauty. Not sure if I am winning, but I am in the Zen zone, and that is all that matters. I am protected for at least 12 hours, so it is here I will stay, enjoy the environs, and smell divine :) [Initial review brought to you from my first day with it and with a supporting character named Ambien. :) Good Night :)

03/07/2018
3 Awards
I have seen talk in fragcom about this being very similar to the 2016 release, I don't find this to be true, but I do find this to be a better fragrance. Many may not agree since the 2016 was very popular.

1 - 10 of 15