SteelerOperaSteelerOpera's Perfume Reviews

1 - 10 of 21

11/05/2019
I found this at my local Marshall's store, in fact, there were 3 different Triumphant fragrances there. It had no box and since I had never smelled any of them I sprayed the inside of the cap to see what they were about. To my surprise, this was not a cheap smelling fragrance at all! in fact, it was very close to Spicebomb Extreme (which retails for $120) and another fragrance that retails for $330!! I love warm, resinous fragrances, and this fits the bill! The other bottles smelled nice and familiar, but this was the nicest of the bunch for me! If you have tried this or any of the others from this line please let me know. More details in the review below!

11/04/2019
This reminds me of Initio Rehab quite a bit. I didn't want to pay the high price for Rehab and I'm glad I didn't. This is not an exact clone at all, but it comes close enough. This is a deep but pleasant fragrance that I go into more deeply in the video :)

1 Awards
For the first time, Clinique has labeled some of their Clinique "summer" flankers as unisex. This is the one that I fell in love with. The prices aren't great when you look at it from a $/mL standpoint, but the size makes it a great price for a fragrance that is all but guaranteed to lift your spirits! See my full thoughts in the video review.

11/04/2019
To start off, I am not a big Bond fan at all. I don't have any of their bottles in my collection anymore and don't see myself purchasing any in the near future, at least not anywhere near full retail. When I tried this in the store I was impressed; had Bond actually made an interesting fragrance?? My nose put the breaks on my initial feeling and said: "We've smelled this before.". Indeed we had, it was slightly improved, but not even close to being worth the $320 they are asking. The fragrance this reminds me of has such a unique story, but there is nothing unique about Fido, or FiDi....

11/04/2019
I've not been pleased with the "l'homme" line from Prada. I feel the company is limiting the ingredients that Daniela Andrier is able to use or they are presenting her with brief's that are beneath her as a perfumer, but she still does well with what she is given/limited to. This one surprised me since I tend to dismiss anything with the "l'eau" moniker. Lovely opening, but the only thing that lasted was a disappointment.

1 Awards
I had always wanted to try this but only saw it once at Duty-Free with no tester. Luckily, I saw it at TJ's for around $14 and grabbed it. Glad I did since it is a very intriguing scent. Much tamer than the original Aromatics Elixir (which I do like) and one I need to wear again soon with the cold weather.

01/26/2019
1 Awards
I was looking forward to this with much anticipation. I love Alien for women and was hoping the men’s version was going to be something bold and daring as well. But after years of waiting, this release disappointed greatly. I am very proud of the fact that just hours after my YouTube review was released Mugler announced they are coming out with a flanker (they must have saw me asking for a flanker :) ). Hopefully it will fix the mundane problems this bottle has.

12/14/2018
This is a very well done fragrance that would do well in any occasion. This frag is versatile and impressive all at the same time. It is expensive but worth giving a sniff. More information in my YouTube review.

12/14/2018
Pleasant, uplifting opening that gave me hope that Daniela Andrier had made another good designer fragrance for men, but the drydown left something to be desired. Prada used to be one of my favorite designer houses, but their offerings as of late have not been too promising. It seems that after the release of Luna Rossa Extreme most of their fragrances have been barely more than a money grab and the talents of Ms. Andrier are being wasted. I share more thoughts in my YouTube review.

12/13/2018
1 Awards
If you are worried about losing the last few drops from your Gucci PH, rest assured this one will do well as a much cheaper substitute, I dare say it might be a bit bolder. A wonderful dry - woodiness at the opening similar to Gucci PH1 and made by the same nose. Save your money, don't buy a vintage Gucci unless you get a great deal :)

1 - 10 of 21