SteelerOperaSteelerOpera's Perfume Reviews

Filter & sort
11 - 15 by 22
Abso - Lutely!
If you are worried about losing the last few drops from your Gucci PH, rest assured this one will do well as a much cheaper substitute, I dare say it might be a bit bolder. A wonderful dry - woodiness at the opening similar to Gucci PH1 and made by the same nose. Save your money, don't buy a vintage Gucci unless you get a great deal :)
SteelerOpera 4 years ago
Great Opening
This one gave me hope that John Varvatos was going to not let me down again. I love many John Varvatos fragrances but they tend to suffer from bad performance. This one did not disappoint, but is that a bad thing?
4th time is the charm?
I wasn't a fan of 1, 2, or 3, but the different take on sandalwood using javanol made this one full bottle worthy. Please check out my review on YouTube :)
SteelerOpera 4 years ago 1
Sweeter than the original and better performance
However, I prefer the original Y from 2017. I thought the original was a nice departure from the ambroxan dominant frags that are permeating designer fragrances now. This one is a much better performer, but to me hints of foul ambroxan.
SteelerOpera 4 years ago 2
No leather, no problem
I was lucky enough to be able to smell this at Indigo Perfumery a week before the release date. Ann, the owner, received a sample of it and sprayed it on a card an hour before I arrived. Among the many cards we sprayed and put on her counter one stuck out beautifully; it was Hyde. She let me spray some on me and I can't wait till I am able to purchase a full bottle. My YouTube review is below.
11 - 15 by 22