Taurus1967Taurus1967's Perfume Reviews

1 - 10 of 731

07/22/2013
2 Awards
Lôbitt reminds me of a certain cooling drink I remember from the late 80s/early 90s. It was called "sicilian mandarin with lime". One of my favorite coolers ever. The mandarin and lime aroma could have been quite overpowering and highly concentrated, but I liked it much and was sad when it got shelved. To me, Lôbitt smells like the drink tasted - very fresh and juicy, but partly overexaggerated.
It's negligible that the neon yellow scent comes across a bit synthetic. Officially there is no lime involved, but the associtation is there, maybe it comes from the neroli.

Annoyingly, Lôbitt seems to collapse after a few minutes and gets an irksome gum-like nature. This vanishes later and the mandarin seems to recover itself, but I don't find it that pleasant. Later the scent gets more citrusy and reminds me somehow of the Dior Homme Sport, but only slightly.

Lôbitt lasts quite long in comparison to other citrus scents. It could be a clue that not all ingredients are of natural origin.

I'm not a fan of layering, so I decided to test Lôbitt on its own for now. The scent is principally ok, but sadly not continuously a clean scent and squeaky at times (the dazzling color could have been a hint in the first place).

Further comments on the layering concept of Santi Burgas and possible recommendable combinations with Lôbitt will follow.

01/05/2012
2 Awards
Memoir Man starts with a little scent-firework, that’s anybody wake up and say: here happens something. And what happens has his price. Cause Memoir Man take themselves very patronize and show us a small olfactory world fuel with precious and select ingredients.

I didn´t notice the mint, but more of the tarragon, that would be more and more loud. And than come a small surprise. Memoir Man cited in a short time frame the basics of Jil Sanders Feeling Man. In conclusion both fragrances shares tarragon, lavender and assured something more. Yeah – so I like it and so I have a good feeling.

And even that, what´s come after this, is more than good: a rich warm woody scent. It’s the same, if you dipping dark honey on a tropical wood and dry it by the setting sun. I think that’s a part of the gaiac wood. An awesome nuance, that could be more intensive.

On the other side, the longevity of Memoir Man is for me not the best. After an hour I smell only light vanilla basics on my skin.

Finally the comparative high price is a little bit excessive. I can´t remember to have to much money for something like this.

12/31/2011
6 Awards
In Duesseldorf – one of the nicest cities in Germany – was a little shop called “Haus der Praline” (house of pralines). They offered belgian pralines in different kinds. Some of them was made of bright or dark or white chocolate.
The stuffing was with chocolate-, nougat-, fruit- or buttercreme. All pralines was handmade and tasted excellent. No doubt – they was made with exquisit and freshest ingredients.

Who ever degust one of these little artworks never wants cheap pralines of a factory.

If you entered this doom of confiserie, you smelled this wonderful yummy flavour nobody can resist. Inherently to take a breath, your calory requirement is covered for a half day.

It´s a long time ago and I´m missing this “Haus der Praline”. L´ Instant de Guerlain pour Homme Eau Extrême give me back this trip down memory lane. Especially I can see again these little darkbrown pralines covered by kakaopowder and filled with lemoncreme, if I smell this fragrance.
For me a divine revelation of a gourmand scent. Guerlain has done everything right and is remain true oneself.

A little bit kakao and a little bit fruity but not excessive sweet, wonderful aromatic with light dark fragrance notes and for me definitely enough masculine. Yepp – basically women can wear this fragrance too, but as man I have no unpleasant feeling. However this fragrance press on some synopses of my brain, so it makes me hungry. Hungry for pralines …

I can advise L´ Instant de Guerlain pour Homme Eau Extrême, but more for cooler seasons – like a little reward for oneself.

1 - 10 of 731