TraxTrax's Perfume Reviews

1 - 10 of 17

07/26/2013
4 Awards
I've tried and owned almost all bottles that have come from this house. But this one surprised me. It's as if you mixed equal parts Lolita Lempicka (one of the milder summer variants or EDT) with Lorenzo Villoresi Teint de Neige! Lots of sharp powder that's leaning towards the scent of industrial plastic. The Amyitis (Mona di Orio) kind, not the Comme des Garcons kind.
As it dries down it leaves Lolita behind and moves more and more into Teint de Neige land. Further down the road it starts to leave Teint de Neige but not quite, to move more into Amyitis realm. The plastic note has now turned more towards that charcoal-y whatever it is sharp note of Mon parfum Cheri par Camille from Annick Goutal. Man this review makes no sense does it? Well anyway it's a powdery something-else that finally ends up a balanced mix of Teint de Neige and Mon parfum Cheri par Camille, having totally left Lolita behind.. :)
edit: Powder in it has a very Carthusia feel, is it Ligea la Sirena I'm thinking of? And maybe even more so than Teint de Neige. Next couple of wears did not reveal that Par Camille charry note.

07/04/2012
2 Awards
Not much to say. Balanced mix of lavender, cardamom and yarrow flowers. The sweet note has a violet feel to it, as in round and deep/dark. Not silly girly kinda sweet. But for me lavender, cardamom and yarrow pretty much sums it up :) Rich, dry, oldfashioned meets new. If The Body Shop were to launch a lavender-yarrow handcream in the same line as their hemp one, this is what I would expect it to smell like. Like it should have healing properties in say wound care. And don't get me wrong, I'm excited about it. But if you think Opus II was too "old man" well then you'll find the same lavender/cardamom combo here. If on the other hand like me you like Opus II but find it abit watered down/too much space between the ingredients, then this should fit just right :)

06/28/2012
1 Awards
Sunwarmed oudy tar on wooden docks/piers over a honeyed cedar base that gives off an almost cereal note. No Tribute ash or edge here, this is wellbalanced, round and the oud to me gives off a Montale feel more than an Amouage. But perhaps I'm just used to think Montale when it comes to oud. Hours later the rose has peeked out adding a floral soapy feel that gets softer and lighter, less soapy and more floral as time passes, finally returning to a soft more feminine than masculine oud in the end. Without loosing the lushness of the rose introduced. Absolutely beautiful! Thank you a million times for this sample! You know who you are :)

06/28/2012
2 Awards
Starts out watery leathery, an almost Montale ashy oudy quality to the leather. Theres something in here reminds me of newly paved asphalt on a humid summers eve. A rooty sweet raspberry note runs through it, not fresh, pungent almost. Pungent jam. I guess it's the angelica root teamed up with vanilla.
Stays pretty linear on me and retains the watery cologne feel, so that's about it. Mild, pleasant, very wearable :)

01/21/2012
4 Awards
This for me turned out to be what I had hoped for Amour de Cacao to be. I remember now that I once had a small bottle of patchouli essential oil and I would say this note is strong in Cocoon which is a very creamy deep and dark scent. Smells awful from the bottle though..
I had it for months never wanting to try it. Got it from my mom who got it from who knows who and she never wanted to try it either.
So if you have this jewel just laying around, brave up and try it!
It has none of the milky cocoadrinky feel that Amour de Cacao has though, this is deep dark no milk patchouly-woody cocoa.

4 Awards
This one to my nose smells as if you took one part Lolita Lempicka (preferably the midnight fragrance) and mixed it with to parts Yves Rocher Pur Desir de Mimosa, then there you have it! Even if this does not make sense by the notes. The fresh powderiness of PDd Mimosa mixes with the depth of the Midnight Fragrance to make one truly beautiful perfume. Not longlasting though.
Both Lolita and Pur Desir de Mimosa are creations by Annick Menardo and if you like these two I can't see you going wrong with this one.

2 Awards
Smells like a roomspray I once had for Christmas. Oranges, ginger and cloves. That is what I get from this. Pure christmas, no temple or incense associations for me.. It is strong, first Pacifica I have tried that borders on an edp feel ;) Stays and stays. Too much roomspray for me, so even if it is beautiful I won't be purchasing.. (But I must admit I have missed it, since the time of writing this..)

1 Awards
Dark honey-ambered woods and cereals with light citrus overtones. Overall sweet impression. Perfect for winter! Larger decant ordered immediately, this is a keeper! ;)

2 Awards
Somewhere in the same category with Penhaligons Bluebell, but without the fecal note. Deeper and darker, more purple somehow, if that makes sense to the ones using color for reference ;)
Really liked it, even if I am not into florals. Beautiful :)

1 Awards
New leather saddles, hint of dried jasmine, incense and balsam. Reminds me abit of Felanilla not in the scent so much as in the feel, Felanilla with added strooong leather. Softer than Felanilla though, and not by far as longlasting.
Don't know what orris smells like, I smell Iris, but one hour into the drydown I get a slightly soapy sidenote which (if possible for a topnote) might be this orris peaking through?
Soft and warm, powdery leathery. The first leather scent not to smell like cow dung on me. Love at first sniff!

1 - 10 of 17