VivienneKVivienneK's Perfume Reviews

1 - 5 of 13
VivienneK 96 days ago

Exemplary
This is a wonderful, wonderful amber wood, blended to perfection, rich and luxurious. Great sillage and projection. Nothing synthetic about it although I may have some blindspots because it also has a suspiciously good staying power. No competing facets, all notes are in perfect harmony with each other. In my opinion, this is what every perfume should be in terms of composition. A masterpiece.

VivienneK 96 days ago 2

More feminine than unisex in traditional terms
This is a sweet floral with patchouli and benzoin making it feel somewhat classical. It's both lightweight in mood and sophisticated. There is nothing revolutionary about it. Yet it serves its purpose on the market. I think it is a perfume for a lady past 25 but despite that it is not heavy nor vintage in style and you can wear it at 18 if you like it, of course, it's not one of those perfumes that feel odd on very young girls, it's just not your usual 18-year old. Easiy daytime perfume if you don't over spray (like with any perfume that has some projection). The floral vanilla and pineapple sometimes give me a headache. But I still love this perfume. It's warm and elegant and for the price the quality is just excellent.

VivienneK 109 days ago

No Osmanthus, No Vanilla, Nothing like NR For Her
So, after a very successful blind buy from another middle-eastern brand (Rasasi, specifically, the now cult Daarej), I finally got the courage to try another perfume from a similar "clonehouse" that I was yearning to try because I am always chasing for the perfect osmanthus and in some comments on the internet as well as by looking at the pyramid, I assumed it may be reminiscent of Narciso Rodrigues For Her, which I love. I've heard Armaf has made some decent clones although I have never smelled them myself and decided to go ahead with my plan - it's a cheapie anyway. Unfortunately, when the package arrived, despite the box being in impeccable condition, I noticed brownish residue around the atomiser (like mentioned in the earlier review). Then I sprayed it on my wrist and... and that was not what I had expected at all. Even after an hour of wear, the smell remained the same. There was no osmanthus in it. Zero. It smelled of a combination of some generic white flowers and citrus, no amber, no vanilla at all. The scent is very synthetic and linear and feels almost over-priced at 16 euros for a 100 ml bottle. I am greatly disappointed and frankly it deters me from trying anything else from this brand in the future.

VivienneK 116 days ago 1

Our Foolish Memories Are Ghosts of Past Reality
So here comes the big moment. With much anticipation due to the deepest love for the now begone Valentino V, I open up the box of Rasasi's Daarej, not knowing whether it would disappoint me or elevate me. With the first spray, I can tell it is harsher and more synthetic than my recollection of V. However, with every minute of drydown, it gets closer and closer to the DNA of the original V. About 30 minutes in, it smells like a memory, the shell of something that has now morphed into something different to the objective and precise record that we foolishly believe our memories to be. It feels so close, in fact it seems like it is V, but something is telling me it was a bit more complex, a bit better-blended, more dynamic, more nuanced. But it is still a fantastic perfume and it gets better and better with every minute of wear. I highly recommend trying it.

VivienneK 120 days ago

A very youthful, easy, inoffensive and also very common Chanel that could have been any other brand
It's not bad but very typical and "lightweight" in composition. I wouldn't know it's Chanel if it weren't for the fact that it is so well-known and recognisable because the style of it is too girly for Chanel, more like D&G Light Blue and very mainstream early 2000s. I also find the floral accord to be a bit overwhelming for my taste but I am very picky with my florals. It's a nice inoffensive fresh floral that I personally wouldn't wear.

1 - 5 of 13