VmasterVmaster's Perfume Reviews

1 - 5 of 29
Vmaster 6 months ago 2

Gorgeous
Blue Oud is a very beautiful fragrance. If you are not used to oud and musk it may take you a few wearings to understand. I fell in love with it right off the bat as I have been enjoying oud for many years now.

Top: Cambodi oud - Smells of dried fruit.
Heart: Blue Musk - This is most likely a synthetic but it does smell very nice and animalic.
Base: Indian oud - This is traditionally distilled in copper stills, giving it that "barnyard" or animalic scent. There is no fecal scent here.

Price: On the Arabian Oud US website (which is shipped from their store in New York City) the normal price is $400. I purchased Blue Oud from them during Ramadan (Eid) when everything on their website is discounted. I only paid $240.

What you get for the price: Both a 100 ml EdP spray -the colored bottle shown at the top of the page AND a 24 ml perfume oil which is applied with a glass wand -the silver bottle shown at the top of the page. You are paying for both, thus the higher price.

I tend to wear both versions together - two sprays of the EdP at the back of my neck and the oil applied at my pulse points using only one swipe on my wrist and then spread around from there.

Longevity on my skin is over 12 hours and in my humble opinion can be worn year-round, cold weather or hot, day or night. I wear this for leisure, going out and while I am at work.

Both men and women will enjoy this. Younger people that are used to wearing sweet and fresh fragrances may not enjoy it at first.

10/10

Vmaster 2 years ago 2

Not Bad, But Not Great Either
Blue Oud by Lattafa comes in a blue felt-lined box. The bottle is blue-colored and would look great in any collection. The cap fits snugly on top of the bottle and has the word Opulent engraved at the bottom of the cap.

When sprayed on, I smell floral and citrus notes. After a good while, I detect a very muted musk as well as Ambroxan. Due to the very cheap price, if there is any oud here, it is definitely synthetic. Personally, I smell no oud.

It seems like Blue Oud would be a good fragrance to wear during the cooler months of the year. Projection was within an arm's length. Longevity was around 7 hours on my skin, becoming a skin scent at the 5 hour mark.

Do not confuse Lattafa's Blue Oud with Arabian Oud's Blue Oud. Though they share the same name, they are not at all alike. Arabian Oud's version is a lot more expensive, contains Cambodian Oud, Blue Musk, and Indian Oud. Also, Arabian Oud's version comes with both an EdP and a bottle of oil.

If you are looking for something cheap to wear with mostly citrus, floral and Ambroxan with a bottle that will also look nice in your collection, go for the Lattafa. If you want oud with musk, get Arabian Oud's version. Arabian Oud has my vote.

For myself, Blue Oud by Lattafa is more of a "Like" than a "Love" but for the nice cheap price, it is not bad at all.
7 out of 10

Vmaster 2 years ago

A Gorgeous Floral
Most floral fragrances these days are very kitschy, very sweet and difficult to wear. 24 Faubourg is not one of those fragrances. There is a light sweetness in the background but the floral notes stay solidly in the foreground. Smelling this reminds me of standing in a large flower garden during the Spring while all the flowers are in bloom. It gives one a calming and reassuring vibe.

You may wonder why this fragrance has such an odd name, Hermés is located at 24 Rue du Faubourg Saint-Honoré in Paris, France.

24 Faubourg is best worn Autumn, Winter, Spring, as well as Summer evenings.
Longevity for me was over 12 hours and projection was about 6ft (2m).

I give this offering from Hermés a 9/10.

Vmaster 3 years ago 2

Homage to a Brilliant Man
Karl Lagerfeld had worked for Jean Patou, Cloe, Krizia, Valentino and Fendi as a designer. He also worked as the design director for Chanel from 1982 to 2000, being responsible for bringing the near-dead brand back to life as well as creating the CC monograph of Coco Chanel into a style pattern for the house that we see today. He had also began his own Karl Lagerfeld brand, which was established to channel "intellectual sexiness". Karl worked with Fendi until his death last month, at the age of 85.

When I had read the news of his passing, I realized that I had never tried the Karl Lagerfeld fragrances. I was able to find a 50 ml bottle of Lagerfeld Classic at a drug store (Walgreens) in the US for $25.

The opening notes gives me a slightly soapy citrus and herbal notes. Very reminiscent of 80's classics. After a short time I begin to get a woody dusty floral with tobacco highlight. I am really enjoying this part, and then it gets even better! A strong (but not too strong) musk with an oriental sweetness begins to develop not long after the heart notes come into play, which stay until the end.

To my nose, the musk really stands out. Personally, I do not like overbearing animalic musk, but the musk note in Lagerfeld Classic is very enjoyable coupled with the other notes, especially the tobacco, and oriental. This fragrance smells very sexy.

This will last over 12 hours on your skin and wears best during Spring, Autumn and Winter.

Although this fragrance is intended for men, women will enjoy this one as well.

An expensive smelling fragrance at an inexpensive price. A must have for any collection or for a lover of musk.

9/10

Vmaster 3 years ago 7

Powerhouse
Being a child of the 80's, this brings back good memories. An unapologetic lightly sweetened non-hippy patchouli powerhouse of a fragrance that will not only beat you over the head, but will kick you for good measure as you're laying on the ground.

Two sprays are enough, as 3+ will fumigate the room. This is the perfect fragrance to wear heavily if you want people or any other creatures that breathe to avoid you. Don't get me wrong, this is a wonderful spicy woody fragrance and smells great but most people today are just not used to having their sinuses assaulted by the powerhouses of yester-year.

Pros:
4 oz can be purchased for under $20 USD.
Great bang for your buck.
Nuclear projection.
You will be avoided by most sentient lifeforms (Perfect for introverts).

Cons:
You will be avoided by most sentient lifeforms (Bad for extroverts).

A must-have for any collection.

8/10