VmitsopoulosVmitsopoulos' Perfume Reviews

1 - 5 of 10
Vmitsopoulos 3 months ago 2

Needs a chance to impress
I bought this soon after its release as im a big fan of the og and the intense versions of boss bottled.
On my initial smell of this one i liked it but didnt love it although i still bought it as im a fan of the line.
Upon further wearings multiple times and experiencing its progressions through the openings ,mid and dry down i now love this.
Its plain to see its spine to the fragrance that its big brother is boss bottled but it has so much more nuances to it from other fragrances im not saying it smells like these exactly but that hugo boss borrowed these bits and added them to the edp and has made it a richer fragrance.
The ones im referring to are the candided apple from PDM Layton ,cardamom from YSL la nuit de l'homme , chestnuts from stronger with you and just the gentleman aspect that you get with the og YSL l'homme.
As i said earlier it has these aspects that give it this sweet fruity, slightly spicy warm cozy and creamy woodsy scent to it.
If this came before all the fragrances that it has similarities to then it would be higher and rated better and i have tested the edp side by side to all the fragrances i have mentioned as i own them all.
Its just a shame though that because of these similarity to other fragrances that it will get a generic tag, although its not gone down the blue fragrance road as many other houses have so keeping sort of to the original dna isnt that sort of unique in a way.
This is quite versatile imo it can work in spring, autumn and winter and on my wearings i have gotton soild one to one and half hour push and seven to nine hours longevity before becoming a skin scent and so far positively noticed and complimented all in all a winner for me.
As far as people who can wear this it is versatile young through to mature it has some playfull aspsects to it as well as being a more sophisticated fragrance if need to be.
Imo if most give it a chance and appreciate it for what it does well most will be very happy with this give it a shot like i did and im sure it can impress you as it did me.
Hope this finds everyone well

Vmitsopoulos 8 months ago 2

My summer no 1
This was a love at first sniff for me.
Aqva Amara - translates to bitter water.
The first thing that caught my attention was the bottle it is stunning the golden/bronzy colour how it looks like a pebble or drop of water just drew me in even now every time im trying to decide what to wear it catches my eye and always i must smell it and marvel at this glorious creation.
Onto the scent its self,firstly there are two important facets to this for me the first its very masculine and piercing imo and it is better in the air vs when you smell it off your own skin, now onto the scent.
It opens cirtus heavy the manderin is very strong off the top its juicy,ever so slightly bitter vibrant and uplifting just takes you up a level, closely follows it is the neroli which softens it slightly and gives it class and maturity imo.
Then its true inspiration comes to the fore you can see this is the little brother of the original Aqva pour homme its unmistakable the aquatic nature of it which screams summer at the beach imo, not to say that it cant be worn any other time.
Then the drydown you get that masculine edge as i said in the beginning from the patchouli and the frankincense which imo are not extremely heavy but give it a darker mysterious base but by no means does it come across heavy and cloying in the heat.
To sum this scent up i love this it stays fresh clean and masculine throughout i enjoy every stage of its progression and it brings a smile to my face and uplifts my mood everytime i wear or smell it.
One of the most impressive things about this for me apart from the scent is the performance.
I have two bottles one 50ml and one 100ml both are 2014 batches so i cant comment on the newer ones before this gem was discontinued ( why they did this is beyond me ) and it is extremly potent, anything more than three sprays and its choking people in indoor situations, outdoors i go with five and people can smell me from a couple of meters away and it lasts 8-9 hours before it sits close on my skin.
Extremely impressive to say the least.
And as far as situations to wear in high heat it is an absolute winner for me but i have also worn this in formal situations and it has worked i feel the neroli patchouli and the frankincense help there they give it some class and it is definitely strong enough to push through the cold, i havent tested in the dead of winter but Autumn no probs at all.
All in all i love this scent its probably my favourite summer scent out of everything i have i always go back to it there is just something that reasonates with me. Obviously everthing is subject to opinion but if you havent smelt this and you can get a sample and you enjoy it and are able to find a bottle i urge you to not sleep on it as it is getting hard to find.
Hope this finds everybody well

Vmitsopoulos 10 months ago 3

Best Fresh Dunhill offering
I bought this a little while and after testing this i thought i would do a review on this.
As my nose is not as seasoned as other members of the parfumo community im going to give this my best shot.
Im quite a fan of the desire line and imo this is the best fresh scent in the desire line it opens fresh and zingy from the lime and i get a hint of mint in the opening its very fresh and uplifting and right away i get a hint of underlying sweetness from the tonka and depth from the vetiver 10-15 minutes in.
As it transitions in to the mid the citrus gets pushed back atiny bit and the apple comes through along with something fresh feeling its light and airy and then as this moves into the base the vetiver comes through more and it gets a touch sweeter it stays clean and fresh the whole way through.
On my skin i get decent longevity around the 5-7 hour mark which i find good for a fresh scent of this calibre and projection is decent for the first hour to hour and a half depending on the temperature i find it pushed more in the heat as with most scents with this profile of scent.
I dont hear many people talk about this and in a way its an under the radar scent it smells clean and fresh and is suitable for spring and summer not stong enough for fall and winter, you could wear this imo as a casual day/ leisure scent its pleasent non offensive and has got me a couple of good compliments along the way.
It is not ground breaking or unique but it makes you feel good its uplifting.
Price on this is also a strong point here in Australia for 100ml its $35 so its a good price for what you are getting imo.
If you are a fan of Dunhill Desire as a line or a looking for a goood clean fresh casual scent for spring and summer its one i thing is well worth giving a go.

Vmitsopoulos 1 year ago 1

Seductive

If I was going to go off the scent alone, it’s a winner as the name suggests “seductive “ it’s sweet but not to sweet, fresh but not too fresh. It has a nice balance to it. I get the mandarin it’s juicy and fresh it has a nice sweetness to it from the vanilla a hint of spice from the pepper and a nice woods note from the sandalwood.
You could wear this as a daily scent/ date scent even an going out at night scent, and in most seasons except maybe in high heat and extreme cold other than that it’s versatile in my opinion
As far as age I think it’s more targeted to the younger guy but if you like it you like it.
The biggest issue is the projection and longevity.
It projects for probably 1-2 hours max, then sits really close to the skin and I’ve found on my skin I get 4-5 hours total longevity.
Despite the lacklustre performance the price point is really good so I guess you could get a Travel atomiser and keep it with you and just reapply.
The biggest thing going for this is the compliment factor WOMEN LOVE THIS l have gotten some good compliments with this
In conclusion the scent is amazing the women love it the price is good.
It’s a nice edition to have in your collection I think
If you haven’t got your nose on this give it a smell and see what you think
Hope this helps

Vmitsopoulos 2 years ago 1

It’s cool !!!!
I bought it a little while ago after finding out about its release, as I own all the other cr7 and legacy products wanted to see how this one fares.
On the initial spray I detect the pear it’s fresh slightly sweet and juicy there is some marine accord as well and gives it a breezy feel.
As it drys down you get a bit of sweetness from the Tonka but it’s not overwhelming it still Stays fresh , reminds me of voyage by Nautica In a way but without voyages biggest weakness: longevity.
On my skin it pushes at arms length for a good one and a half to two hours the total longevity is a good six to seven hours, on clothing will last all day.
I work as a mechanic and as you could imagine the things we come in contact with oils, grease, fuel all have pretty strong scents the only thing that was able to mask it was once getting drowned in fuel changing a fuel filter lol
Other than that it lasts surprise for a fresh scent. Dealing with customers you don’t want to come across overwhelming and it doesn’t.
Its fresh and pleasant and the price don’t know about Europe or USA price but in Australia it’s $40 for one hundred ml bottle can’t complain about that!
I recommend it as a cheap spring/summer daily.
I find six sprays is ideal two on the neck two on the collar of shirt and two on inner elbow and it gives you a nice scent bubble.
I know there is some other good alternatives out there and maybe you don’t like CR but it smells good to me, at least give it a smell and I think it could surprise you.
If I had any criticism of it the bottle cap tends to come off as try to pull it out of the box and the atomiser is okay but you may need to go a bit heavy on the trigger to get good distribution.

1 - 5 of 10