WinandVWinandV's Perfume Reviews

WinandV 3 months ago 3

Roaring Oriental
Chanel Le Lion is simply brilliant and one of the best (if not the best) releases of 2020.

For me this is a dry amber-oriental! You get a bright opening because of the lemon quickly transforming into a dark smoky, ambery, resinous heart. There is also a presence of vanilla, but only as a supporting note. Never dominant. Same counts for the patchouli that makes it’s way during the drydown, but never too prominent. A well orchestrated symphony of notes!

Smoky and ambery are key in experiencing Le Lion!

Projection and sillage are also off the chart!

WinandV 4 months ago 4

This is dress code!
Guerlain’s Habit Rouge Dress Code is on a league of its own! I personally never fell in love with the original Habit Rouge. It surely earns my respect as you can feel it’s heritage/class of an earlier time and I can easily imagine that this must have crossed all bounderies in the sixties. However to me it felt a little dated...

Until I met Dress Code! Thierry Wasser is a daredevil! He perfectly linked the Habit Rouge DNA with the modern Guerlain powerhouses such as L’Homme Ideal and LIDGE.

What you get?
An opening that reminds me of the original Habit Rouge because of the bergamot/neroli quickly evolving into a leathery-spicy base amped up with lots of sweetness making it very gourmandish. I love it! Wearing this makes me feel special. It’s classy, but intimate at the same time.

Is this a flanker?
To me it is not. This is a complete new fragrance that should be marketed on its own. Habit Rouge lovers could be dissappointed and others might be put off because they never fell for Habit Rouge. This is dress code! A must try for every perfume lover, a real treat for the nose!