Zebra782Zebra782's Perfume Reviews

Filter & sort
1 - 5 by 18
Zebra782 3 months ago 2
A lime Pie with a sticky crust...!!!
This is quite a unique creation, at least to me it is.

The quality of the ingredients will let you smell every single note individually, a trade mark I noticed with Goutal fragrances in general, something I can't say about other houses.

Very bright lime with sticky sweet balsams, a combination I haven't seen before.

Oh, and the sprayer is absolutely magnificent, just 2 or 3 sprays and you're good to go.
Zebra782 3 months ago 2
If you've ever wondered what a "classy" fragrance would smell like, wonder no more...!!!
First of all, one of the main reasons I like parfumo.net is that they stick to the manufacturer published notes instead of just making a bunch up, which is why I find it very strange when people dismiss this masterpiece claiming that it smells like body odor, of all things, go figure...!!!

This is praised for not only the class it personifies but for its versatility, incredible versatility, can be worn in almost any imaginable situation.

And if given the option to choose between this and Terre D'Hermes I would choose Declaration every single time, classier and more complex.
Zebra782 3 months ago 3 1
The best Armani fragrance, period...!!!
The mark of a great fragrance is whether the notes work together or not and how they collectively dry down, you'd think that tea, and black tea at that wouldn't work with heavy leathery and woody notes but you'd be very wrong, I bought a decant of this just to see what the fuss is all about, and I'll admit I wasn't particularly very impressed at first, don't get me wrong I thought it was nice but not great, the black tea note caught me by surprise at first, it is full on tea in your face, gave 15 minutes and now my hand is glued to my nose.

I think this is maybe the best from the Armani house, forget about stronger with you or the code collections, this is the stuff you want right here, you can thank me later.

The dry down is definitely reminding me of Xerjoff Mefisto with that beautiful green musky touch, I ordered a full bottle and can't wait until I get it.

Beautiful, absolutely beautiful...!!!
Zebra782 4 months ago 3
A prime example of my maturity in my fragrance journey.
I've been a fragrance lover for over a decade now, and as everyone who starts with something, I have to admit that I've been quite naive.

When I first got century, I almost immediately dismissed it, it's clean and it's fresh, but it straight up smelled like a laundry detergent, or rather clean laundry fresh out of the washing machine, it's not a horrible smell but I just didn't want to smell like laundry.

In fact I dismissed it to the point that I literally spray it on my freshly ironed clothes.

Then a couple of days back my wife did not find anything to wear (which is something I have to sort out soon, lol) she smelled like Century, and suddenly it smelled so good on her, so now I am seeing it in a completely new light.

Not going through the notes but one thing to note, if you want to smell authentic sandalwood, this is the one to get, and after all ain't nothing wrong with smelling fresh and clean, this might be after all my favorite Neroli fragrance.
Zebra782 6 months ago 2
Chaotic opening, divine dry down.
First of all, the name of the fragrance has nothing to do with the actual smell, this is all kinds of darkness cramped together in the confinement of one heavy ceramic-type bottle, why they went with the name and the color is beyond me.

I stumbled upon this fragrance by pure chance, went into a Swiss Arabian boutique to get something for my wife, and the bloody salesman refused to let me go until I got something for myself as well -and since it was cheap (about $33) I figured why not ?- so here I am.

When I tested this on a testing strip at the boutique – which was air conditioned and absolutely freezing- I smelled classy aromatic Incense, and that impression was enough at the moment to bait me into buying it.

I kept it in its box and forgot all about it for several months, since I already have several oud/leather/incense fragrances in my collection, then a week ago or so I remembered it and sprayed it again, and it was a night and day difference, I got a harsh messy spicy smoky pungent smell, and to be honest I was initially disappointed, but in about 45 minutes things got very smooth and very pleasant.

I am not going to break down the smell and the longevity aspects since folks here have already done a pretty good job of it, however I am going to say something, it is said that pretty much all fragrances of all kinds are suitable for any type of situation all year round, depending of course on the notes of the fragrance and how many sprays you do, not this one though, this is thick and very heavy, the shine from the perfume oil alone will stay on your skin for a good 15 minutes, so even one spray in the summer on your hand will have people around you giving you the creeps, I would refrain from using it in spring as well, this is purely a winter creature, there it will be in its natural habitat where it will effortlessly cut through the cold like a hot knife through butter, and that’s exactly why it smelled so good in the boutique and not so at home.

Not familiar with Interlude Man so the comparisons here are meaningless to me, but I can tell this smells luxurious, and for a sub $40 price which is a little under a sixth of the price of a 50ml bottle of Interlude, the price to quality ratio here is so incredible that I would wholeheartedly recommend blind buying this and just keeping it away until the thick of winter, trust me, you won’t regret it..!!
1 - 5 by 18