cItyparkcItypark's Perfume Reviews

1 - 10 of 22

02/06/2015
1 Awards
At the beginning I mostly get passionfruit and guava in the beginning, they both smell orangey together. Patchouli joins in after some time. Last time I also noticed the blackberries but not today.

For me it is more of a fruitchouli, not a chypre at all. It lasts for about 5 hours, sillage is stronger in the beginning, but gets to a skin scent level after some time with a patchouli note sweetened by fruit. Ads say it is a perfume reminding of a first love - whatever... in any case it is a light perfume for patch lovers, nice for spring and summer and well wearable for daily wear or going out.

12/27/2014
In2U Heat Her starts with raspberry, luckily it is not dominant as in some other perfumes, somehow the guava manages to keep it under control. After some time the flowers show up. They are not strong (no indolic jasmine here), rather aquatic, the magnolia perhaps? In the base I can smell caramel the most, it is not overly sweet though.

This is a nice fruity scent, but nothing special. It is okay for what it is. It can be worn for leisure, I wouldn't wear it for work. It is versatile however and is also good in winter, but it is nothing I would repurchase.

12/26/2014
2 Awards
This is more or less a gingerbread scent, wonderful for winter. Tonka bean is most dominant, but smells modified compared to other perfumes with a strong tonka bean base. Perhaps the myrrh and heliotrope soften it. The citrus notes in the top surely add to the gingerbread vibe but are not noticeable on their own.
BdM stays quite linear, but keeps on going for a long time and is still there after some hours. Good for when you don't have time to eat cake. Did I mention winter already?

09/08/2014
2 Awards
An Aladdin-style bottle in red - is it already a hint for the content? What can we expect?

Even though citrus notes are in the top MIMMINA RED starts with rosewood, coriander and is soon joined by the sandalwood, a beautiful sandalwood. Then apricot and peach come in and give a more fruity aspect, not sugar fruity, but a thick ripe woody fruity flavour. This goes on strongly for a while but after a few hours you can only smell it when sticking your nose in your arm - too bad because this is a very well done spicy woody sandalwood with a fruit tint.

For me this is more a perfume that is great for going out, for the evening (classical concerts etc.) than for work. It surely will fare well in winter during the day when out and about in the city, it does great on summery Autumn days as well.

08/26/2014
3 Awards
Due to the name I had expected a lighter and softer version of HALSTON but it is altogether a wholly different perfume that would have deserved a name of its own. What then about the HALSTON line and the bottle form? One would have had to think about that...

HALSTON SHEER doesn't have many notes and it is not a complicated perfume. Last year in the hot July summer I could smell mostly pear and apple blossom and for a long time. The same goes today on that rainy and crisp late Summer day, more like Autumn actually. In my opinion the pear note is not that of a European kind, but like the Japanese nashi pear which is very juicy and watery sweet when ripe. Nashi pear is very refreshing when cooled and the pear note hear smells like this, at least for me. I also could smell the lilac today, it is strong but doesn't push the other notes into the back.

Today I also noticed sandalwood and musk, I couldn't in sub-tropical weather with over 30 degrees last year. Even after 12 hours I still get a small whiff of fruity sandalwood when I stick my nose to my arm, but only then.

HALSTON SHEER is a good Summer perfume, reminding of a walk in an orchard, not too sweet and very versatile. Possibly it is even for people who normally don't favour fruity flowery perfumes.

08/24/2014
Bogner is a German fashion brand in the higher price segment, they are also known for their sport outfits. So, it is amazing that their perfumes are not so well known (except for Woman No.1 I haven't seen any others in the shops) and that Woman No.1 is sold for such a low price.

No.1 starts with citrus notes and develops soon into a smoky vanilla. The flowers in the heart notes don't really join in on their own, but I think the amber supports the vanilla in its smokiness. No.1 reminds me of Shalimar, not only from the smell, also regarding the structure. However it is lacking in longevity and sillage compared to Shalimar. Ideal for people on a budget or those who don't want to take their bottle of Shalimar with them / on a trip.

08/24/2014
1 Awards
A perfume which was on sale before it disappeared completely - a limited Christmas edition and I had missed all the limited Winter editions before.

"Mallow" is too unspecific for me to identify it with a plant, "mauve" however is a wild mallow with a light purple colour. On the box they refer to violets, but that doesn't seem to be the case here.

Candied Mallows/Mauves Cristallisées starts with almond, sweet almonds as in marzipan. After a while I can sense the musk, the sweetness of the tonka beans and something faintly flowery (mallow and rose?). This is not a complex perfume and you have to spray in several layers to get a stronger and longer lasting smell. If you don't like gourmand and sweet perfumes, it is not for you. It has some following - some say it is close to other Winter editions - but it is discontinued. So, if you miss(ed) this, look out for the next editions - who knows, they might be close.

05/21/2014
2 Awards
GT EXOTIC is one of the flankers I own of the original GT. Exotic starts with a citrus smell and develops into something fresh flowery in a very aquatic way. The dry down is a mystery to me, maybe it's the white narcissus with some dry vibes as I don't get any woods here. I also don't seem to get as much tea as in in the original, too bad.

Surely EXOTIC will work well on those hot summer days when nothing else seems right, taking along the bottle or a decant is recommended as touch ups will be necessary. While it is nice it is also a bit boring and I actually prefer ECLAT D'ARPEGE to this one.

04/25/2014
1 Awards
"Pure Style" (the eau de parfum) is the first perfume ever by Betty Barclay which I acquired. It is housed in a rather minimalist white bottle, very fitting for the scent. It starts very white with freesia, a bit of bergamot and already lily-of-the-valley joins in. In the dry down this is supported by musk; I can not notice the other notes.

All in all it is floral, but a fresh greenish floral without a hint of sweetness and a slightly powdery touch. I would go so far to call it minimalistic and somehow it reminds me of "Blanc" by Joe&Paul. Also I think Jil Sander, but why?
It can be worn everyday, even for business and fits well for spring. The small bottle is good to take along, which is needed for touch ups as longevity is about half a work day.

02/23/2014
This one is raspberry overdose, with a bit of the citrus fruits in the background. I am not sure if I get the white flowers, jasmine has never been so subdued. I guess the honey adds to the sweetness during the heart and basenotes.

I guess I missed in the reviews that it is close to Lady Million, which I tested once and disliked, other wise I would not have bought LGA's. In any case it has a big raspberry sillage at the beginning and a long longevity. I like Love Generation Rock, but I am not sure what to do with this one... on verra.

1 - 10 of 22