Search Forum

My mom's forgotten perfume stash

My mom's forgotten perfume stash 11 years ago
Just got back from a visit to my mother's place. She stopped wearing perfume some years ago. We rediscovered her stash which I've inventoried and photographed. She let me take a small bottle of Chanel No.5 (7 ml. perfume) that was still in its cellophane wrapper and with the price tag of 150 Franks on it.

Any one guess at a date?

How fun! Unopened, there were Belle de Rauche, Cabochard, Magie, Raphael Plaisir, Balmain Jolie Madame, Caron Fleurs de Rocaille, Chloe Eau de Parfum, Jean D’Albret's Ecusson, Ivoire de Balmain and even a Russian perfume, "mojet buite" (I don't have a cirillic keyboard) (Maybe), and three Nina Ricci: L'air du Temps, Farouche, and Premier Jour

I've been trying to find info on everything, which for one or two is a bit challenging.
Last edited by NSku on 20.03.2013, 19:56; edited 1 time in total
11 years ago
How about the 40's for the Chanel no. 5

Wonderful perfumes I only three that you have mentioned.
If I can be of any help ask away, I love searching.
11 years ago
WoW...what an amazing collection of wonderful fragrances! How wonderful that your Dear Mum had kept them safe and sound! She sounds like a real perfume lover! You will be able to keep them safe and preserved now....Thank goodness they were so well looked after! The price on the Chanel...was that swiss francs ? Does your Mum remember when she purchased it? Hope you can post some nice pics for us to see!
11 years ago
Dalmajen:
...Hope you can post some nice pics for us to see!

Oh YES!
11 years ago
Why can't I find a stash like this? Amazing find, pictures please!
11 years ago
Lucky you! What does Mojet bytj (Maybe) look like? I'm particularly interested in Russian perfume vessels. And Farouche... I adore the scent. Hope it is still intact!
11 years ago
Congratualtions for L'Air Du Temps. This perfume was so lovely some decades ago, and it is completely spoiled today.

I hope your mothers bottle is many years old and still okay!
Yes pictures and 11 years ago
The price I'm sure was French francs.

I'll post pictures when I get a chance, 'cause "bien sûr" I took photos of all of them.
11 years ago
Will be looking forward for pictures NSku.
11 years ago
ohh its so much fun when you find this hidden gems . will be so great to see picks Very Happy
starting to post pics on my page photo album 11 years ago
so keep checking there -- it will take a bit of time to edit and post all of them. So far got the Russian one up, along with pix of an old russian perfume that my mom had used up but kept the bottles.
11 years ago
Apicius:
Congratualtions for L'Air Du Temps. This perfume was so lovely some decades ago, and it is completely spoiled today.

YES! The vintage stuff is springtime in Paris bottled.

What a trove of treasures NSku - so jealous Very Happy
Notify about new comments
Forum Overview Perfumes & Brands My mom's forgotten perfume stash
Jump to