Search Forum

Which Caron scents do you think a man can wear?

Which Caron scents do you think a man can wear? 11 years ago
I have been discovering Caron parfumery lately and have come to like Parfum Sacre, Infini, Nuit de Noel,Tabac Blond, Les Plus Belles Lavandes de Caron,n'Aimez Que Moi,En Avion and Coup de Fouet. Any other recommendations?
11 years ago
"Montaigne"
11 years ago
I own "Tabac Blond" and "Poivré (Extrait de Parfum)".
11 years ago
I've got my eye on a vintage bottle of Infini. What do you think about it? Should I buy it?
11 years ago
I think I briefly tested Coup de Fouet and Tabac Blond on one of our regular perfume sampling meetings with Coriolon and Rivegauche. High quality but it didn't get me.
Last edited by Apicius on 01.02.2013, 19:07; edited 1 time in total
11 years ago
Scentimental:
I've got my eye on a vintage bottle of Infini. What do you think about it? Should I buy it?
11 years ago
You should absolutely try bellodgia. Its mostly carnation but I think a man should give it a go. If you've smelled Prada's Oiellet No2, its a bit sweeter than that. I would go with the parfum version (vintage if you can find it but not totally necessary)

Royal Bain de Caron is a bit middle of the rode IMO. I think it can swing toward Unisex, though its floral. It can be something I think a man would like.

Also, Or Et Noir is heavy, I like it but IMO its worth trying if you can find it.

Caron Rose I think its too pretty for a guy. Its not something thats made anymore, but I find that the spice component of it isn't something I could call heavy at all.

As with all perfumes YMMV.
11 years ago
If you like any of the old ones you'll probably like them all. There's sort of a house signature that you either love or hate. The only exception I can think of is Fleurs de Rocaille. That one is a Quelques Fleurs analog.
11 years ago
LovingTheAlien:
If you like any of the old ones you'll probably like them all. There's sort of a house signature that you either love or hate. The only exception I can think of is Fleurs de Rocaille. That one is a Quelques Fleurs analog.

Thanks for the help!
11 years ago
For a totally different experience, give Aimez-Moi a try. It's a modern masterpiece. There is a certain perfect balance in the scent. It could easily have been too girly and sweet or too powdery and mature, but it ends up being neither of these. The fragrance never feels overly complex - it is very focused and balanced. It is reminiscent of L'Heure Bleue in its odd apothecary style. It also plays some tricks to get around how sweet it is. It is candy-sweet, but the candy is the sort that makes most people cringe; licorice, mint, and violet pastilles. It's just brilliant.
11 years ago
I agree with "Aimez-moi", but also second "Bellodgia", a tender carnation, a bit powdery...a perfume which came before L'Air du temps, kind of announcing it (in 1927). I don't know anything about the quality of the reformlation though.

Off - Topic: What do you think about the new Caron vessels?
I think they are really ugly.
11 years ago
Bellodgia didn't wow me until I put it into an atomizer. This is one that should be sprayed, in my opinion. Now I can't live without it. I have only tried the vintage EDC and EDT, of which I have a substantial amount. I would love to try the vintage parfum but haven't stumbled upon one at the right price yet.

I can tell by the amount of sandalwood in this that the reformulation isn't going to be a good one.
Notify about new comments
Forum Overview Perfume Recommendations Which Caron scents do you think a man can wear?
Jump to