Search Forum

Vintage Thrills

51 - 75 by 198
11 years ago
Sometimes I have had luck in googling the vintage boxs and clicking on image.

Try that Digindirt.
Vintages 11 years ago
My vintage collection contains all the fumes I remember from my childhood, minus a few. I am still looking for vintage Shalimar extrait, Charles of the Ritz Enjoli, and Ambush, to name a few. I think of it as a fun trip down memory land.
Re: Vintages 11 years ago
BronxBeauty:
My vintage collection contains all the fumes I remember from my childhood, minus a few. I am still looking for vintage Shalimar extrait, Charles of the Ritz Enjoli, and Ambush, to name a few. I think of it as a fun trip down memory land.

I have a small bottle of Enjoli that somebody gave me. What makes this one special?
11 years ago
No doubt about it, my ability to acquire the vintages on my wish list will be significantly impaired if postal restrictions are vigorously applied Crying or Very sad
11 years ago
My latest Vintage/Discontinued Catches...

0.5 oz pure parfum Ralph Lauren Safari (metal flip top with glass stopper) stunningly beautiful bottle!

1.0 oz edt Raphael Replique

3.3 oz EDP Caron Parfum Sacre Black Box Splash

Coty Vanilla Fields .75 oz cologne spray (old box)

Escada Escada Collection 3.4 oz EDT(red box)

Alexander McQueen Kingdom 1.6 edp (picked this up for a member here)
11 years ago
Good for you Dig. It makes me smile Very Happy when I read about finding vintage and discontinued fragrances.
11 years ago
I enjoy collecting vintages because very frequently they outright smell better than most of the releases on the market today. I am particularly a sucker for strong oak moss fragrances, and I can't buy those with current day releases.

I have too many vintages in my collection that I love to list them all here, but a handful that immediately come to mind are:

Patou pour Homme Privé
Monsieur de Givenchy
Patou pour Homme
Captian Molyneux
Cravache

A couple I am seeking are full bottles of Lacoste edt and Lacoste Eau de Sport, both by Jean Patou
11 years ago
Latest Vintage/Discontinued Catches:

Shocking 100 ml

Kingdom 100 ml

D&G By 100 ml

Dior Homme 50 ml

Pour Monsieur EDT Concentree 30 ml

Le Feu D'Issey Light 30 ml
11 years ago
D, I remember when you first started collecting, and now I'm in awe of your fabulous stash. Very Happy
11 years ago
Cryptic:
D, I remember when you first started collecting, and now I'm in awe of your fabulous stash. Very Happy

I'm in awe myself. I can't believe I have found BNIB some of the most sought after fumes and that they are actually in my collection.
11 years ago
Never eBay.
I shop everywhere. Low and High end malls. Antique rows. Thrift stores. Nordstrom even Walgreens. I got one thing from ebay but only because someone sent me the link.
Lately I'm finding rare stuff at low end malls, nobody buys vintages at these places. Shop owners have leftover stock from when it used to be popular. They only get sales for modern fragrances...and then there's me! I buy the stuff nobody wants, well nobody in the community I am shopping in.
11 years ago
Sephora is useless for discontinued fragrances. You have to shop the kiosks, they have stuff way down in the bottom of the glass with two inches of dust on them...pristine, vintage fragrance BNIB. I bought 7 bottles at one at one time - all highly sought, all unused, all vintage formula.
11 years ago
11 years ago
The most loved perfume in my "vintage" collection is Rive Gauche. When I was given a new formula version of RG, I knew immediately it wasn't the same. Did a bunch of googling and first discovered the online world of perfumistas.

The original RG, of which I still have 1/3 of a bottle, has memories of Paris for me -- the modern parts of Paris, Montparnasse and the metro underneath, and being 14 and touring all around Paris by myself or with my sister, my Guide Michelin under my arm.

Amazing how smell can allow us to time travel.
I always got compliments with the vintage version and interestingly I get compliments on the new formulation and never for any other of my vintage perfumes. So the new formulation is for wearing, and the vintage is just for sniffing the bottle, rarely opening it.

Then my second most treasured vintage is FiFi by de Nivel. My daddy brought that home from Europe when I must have been 6 years old. And I loved it. He was able to get me one more bottle before it disappeared completely from the face of the earth. I nursed those two bottles and today I still have a few drops in one. That bottle was only for sniffing since I was a teen. It transports me back to the time when I was little and playing with beautiful dolls and miniatures from Germany, and I had small, pretty ceramic tiles from Holland. (they came in a box of chocolates).
11 years ago
Nice stories Nsku, I'll have to start creating my own vintage memories. One day my son might appreciate my collection and be able to recall moments like these.
11 years ago
You are very lucky with your vintage perfume finds D, they never cease to amaze me. In the places we went antique trawling in the States what we mostly found was over-priced junk! Never came across any of those dusty old stores with old stock either Sad Obviously you have the knack Smile
11 years ago
Seatonica:
You are very lucky with your vintage perfume finds D, they never cease to amaze me. In the places we went antique trawling in the States what we mostly found was over-priced junk! Never came across any of those dusty old stores with old stock either Sad Obviously you have the knack Smile

People say I have a knack. I am turning into a head hunter of sorts. I have shopped for about 5 people now and the list is getting longer.
11 years ago
Without DiginDirt digging in vintage/antique shops instead of in dirt, I would never have had the pleasure of sample after sample of true vintage finds.

Smile Thanks Smile
11 years ago
Pipette:
Without DiginDirt digging in vintage/antique shops instead of in dirt, I would never have had the pleasure of sample after sample of true vintage finds.

Smile Thanks Smile

I would LOVE to hear you say the fast half of your quote 3 times extremely fast !!!....Smile
11 years ago
Ha Ha Aromi.

Did I mention I got a backup bottle of Guess Guessi and a 7 ml decant of a Guerlain Fleur de Feu? They just came in the mail yesterday.
Last edited by Digindirt on 16.04.2013, 03:11; edited 1 time in total
11 years ago
Digindirt:
I picked up a few minis yesterday (some not pictured)
www.flickr.com/photos/arborvitae/8604933846/

and a few I left at the store
www.flickr.com/photos/arborvitae/8605077386/
www.flickr.com/photos/arborvitae/8605074844/
www.flickr.com/photos/arborvitae/8603971333/
www.flickr.com/photos/arborvitae/8603973841/

I plan to go back for the Samsara and Shalimar

The Samsara and Shalimar are officiallt mine. She let me have the Samsara for $8 and the Shalimar for $80. I'm very pleased.
Notify about new comments
51 - 75 by 198
Jump to