Search Forum

Paris YSL Fleur de Parfum ... Any info?

Paris YSL Fleur de Parfum ... Any info? 11 years ago
Recently acquired a bottle of the famous Paris by YSL ... however, it is called "Fleur de Parfum" and I have no idea what it stands for.
Is it a different concentration?
Is it a flanker?

It smells wonderful. Very full bodied, super strong and has an almost candied / gourmand quality to it.

Any info greatly appreciated to she'd some light on this mystery bottle.

11 years ago
Dolby does it have a crystal top? If so 1984, says my source. Wink
11 years ago
I suspect the bigger bottles could very well have a silver top but this one doesn't - it's only a 15ml (1/2floz).
It sure is a vintage.
Thank you so much for the date Smile
11 years ago
Dolby I will be right back with the link so you can determine it is the same bottle.

luvparfum.com/cgi-bin/perfume/admin/searchabot tle.cgi?query=YSL

Scroll down 2 or 3 pics.
11 years ago
Oooh interesting!
Mine is the same bottle except for the lid which has an engraved abstract rose at the top, (and not the bling shown in your link).
11 years ago
I have the same spray and I believe it's just a lay-down version of the original - smells the same to me.

Strong doesn't begin to describe Paris's assertive nature. That stuff sets the bar for sillage!
11 years ago
Why "Fleur de Parfum"?
That must mean something ... No?
11 years ago
fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parfum#Fleurs
Fleurs[modifier]

Les plus nobles sont sans doute la rose et le jasmin, auxquels on ajoutera la tubéreuse et l’iris, tout en sachant que le parfum de ce dernier n’est pas fourni par la fleur, mais par le rhizome. Les autres fleurs les plus utilisées sont la violette (dont on prend surtout les feuilles), la fleur d’oranger (ou néroli), le mimosa, les narcisses et bien sûr la lavande, sans oublier l’ylang-ylang (ou ilang-ilang), fleur originaire des îles de l’océan Indien. La mode de ces fleurs varie selon les époques. Leurs essences sont aujourd’hui le plus souvent reconstituées plus ou moins bien, par des mélanges de molécules aromatiques synthétiques, ce qui en diminue largement le prix.

---------------------------------------------- ---------------------
Dolby I can't read this, I can only pick out a word or two. Confused
So if it is about sheep herding you know where to send me. Wink
11 years ago
Cincy:
So if it is about sheep herding you know where to send me. Wink

Ahaha! You silly Very Happy
Thank you so much Cincy for trying to find more info.
"Fleurs" means "flowers" in French, so this article is about the raw material used in perfumery.

I'm still wondering whether it's a different concentration, except that I've not heard the term "Fleur de Parfum" used before.
11 years ago
YSL has historically enjoyed creating new names for concentrations for marketing purposes. It's the EDP IMO, though some sources claim it's a slightly more concentrated version (I don't see it).
11 years ago
Thank you LovingTheAlien Smile
I have now seen a couple of posts about it on other sites and indeed, some people are suggesting that it is some sort of perfume extrait.
11 years ago
Where have you found this Perfume? Have you bought it on the Internet?
11 years ago
Libella:
Where have you found this Perfume? Have you bought it on the Internet?
Yes, I bought it from a private collector.
Notify about new comments
Forum Overview Perfumes & Brands Paris YSL Fleur de Parfum ... Any info?
Jump to