Search Forum

Perfumes you won't publicly admit to?

Perfumes you won't publicly admit to? 11 years ago
Are there perfumes that you own that you don't consider part of your collection and would not admit to owning? I have some -- won't say how many and what they are but they were purchased on a whim, partly cause I liked the bottles but also as an experiment. Don't necessarily like the scents but kept them because they remind me vaguely of something or someone from my past.

Probably will give them away or donate them, but in the meantime, they are not part of my collection!
11 years ago
I buy a lot of perfumes from estate sales, they are sold in lots. So the ones that I didn't really want I play around with layering, then tire of that and give them to my daughter or trash them.
11 years ago
There are some perfumes I didn't like from swaps. I usually give them to my coworker or mom.
11 years ago
Nice topic. I will name this one:

"Marina de Bourbon"

I have a love/hate relationship with the scent itself, and the bottle is kitschy-cool. I've tossed more worthy frags than this, but can't seem to part with this non-beauty. It's a nozzle sniffer. Laughing
11 years ago
I must have no shame. I will admit to my Dollar Tree knockoffs (actually, need to pitch those...worthless)or anything else in my collection. Smile
11 years ago
I own a little bottle of "Echt Kölnisch Wasser" by 4711 - but it is definitely not part of my collection. Smile
11 years ago
I had "True Love" by Elizabeth Arden, "Fantasy", "Touch of Pink" by Lacoste and "Delicious" by Gale Hayman. All of them were blind buys and all of them were totally unbearable to my nose. I dumped the Delicious in the Trash bin to freshen things up a bit...hope the trash collector and local wildlife appreciated the effort. I gave the Touch of Pink to a friend whose husband was fixated on her wearing "Daisy" by Marc Jacobs, but she really disliked it, in fact she really dislikes fragrances and works in a Birthing Center/maternity ward anyway, so doesn't really need to get into this hobby with me. But after we tried about 10 different samples on her, I thought maybe Touch of Pink might be ok- or she can toss it. Fantasy and True Love went as extra freebies in a trade- in fact, I begged them to just try them cause I was going to toss them otherwise. The only one I won't admit to publically, but I really like is "Jovan's White Musk"...it's my little secret. Wink wink.
11 years ago
Probably my celeb scents. I love 'em at times, but it's kind of embarrassing when you're almost 30 and have to admit to wearing Britney Spears. Still, if I like it, I wear it!
11 years ago
I get the Bieber "someday" impression at the 99 cents store.. I love spraying it on my pillows before bed, sweet and fruity and I can use a lot of it.. I've never smelled the real thing so I dont know if it is actually similiar or not.. I dont put in on my skin and I dont consider it part of my collection...
11 years ago
Nope, I've admitted to all of mine. Even Avon, which so many people snub. I think there are too many people that are perfume snobs for whatever reason. If you like it, wear it, simple as that! Why are people embarrassed to admit to owning certain perfumes? You shouldn't be. To h*ll with what others think, it's what you think that's important.
Notify about new comments
Forum Overview Perfumes & Brands Perfumes you won't publicly admit to?
Jump to