Search Forum
26 - 50 by 61

Middle-Eastern Perfumes

10 years ago
Apicius:
Jubliant:
Apicius- would you be interested in sending around an "arabian" explorer package?
Yes, of course!

I would love one as well, Apicius. My love of amber, oud and incense may get me in trouble here Smile
10 years ago
Somebody else wants to receive and forward an Arab explorer package?
10 years ago
I would love to test and review a arab fragrance package! I have been on a HUGE oriental kick lately!
10 years ago
@ Flaconneur: I sent the package to you yesterday - it might take two weeks to the US. Please forward it to Jubliant!
10 years ago
Can't wait for its arrival. I will forward as you requested. Thanks.
10 years ago
I received the Arab Fragrance Explorer Package with reviews to follow. It's off to Julibant next.
10 years ago
Testing Maze today. Where is it in the database?
and who am i sending to next?
10 years ago
Jubliant:

You will find it here, Jubliant "Maze" by Al Haramain. If you go to my tested collection, you will find it there as well (no photo).
10 years ago
Jubliant:
Jubliant, it looks like nobody wants to have the package at the moment. Let's see!
testing package? 10 years ago
I saw a post on a Facebook group about an Middle Eastern fragrance testing package. I'd be interested. What is involved?
10 years ago
It contains 8 samples. Micallef's Aoud Man and a few Ouds by Montale. Also, some perfumes by Arab brands: "Arooq al Oud" by Al Rehab, "Maze", "Excellent" and "Oudh Ma'al Wardh" by Al Haramain.
10 years ago
I'm in! What's the next step?
10 years ago
Get into contact with Jubliant. She has it at the moment and will send it to you!
10 years ago
Never received reply from Jubliant. I assume this is over now?
10 years ago
Rnovak:
Never received reply from Jubliant. I assume this is over now?
Maybe she is on holiday? Rnovak, give me access to your postal address and I will send some new samples to you.
10 years ago
Apicius, I received your package of the four samples. Can't wait to try them all! Will try and get reviews posted ASAP. Don't see anyone lining up for the next go turn at them. Would anyone mind if I mentioned this opportunity on one or two Facebook groups to see if others might be interested?
10 years ago
If you will have something left in the vials after your test that you can pass on - why not.
10 years ago
Deb, I'd be happy to send them your way if you PM me your mailing address. I find them all fairly unisex. Apicius, I'm sorry I haven't held up my end of the bargain on posting reviews of the samples sent. I swear I'll get them up soon!
10 years ago
This sounds interesting Can you tell me more about it
The Ones i'v i sampled are Amouage Lyric and Epic Woman
but Lyric i love the best is this sort of a game?
10 years ago
I'm an oud junkie, especially when it's combined with rose! One would think that this combination would always smell the same, and indeed some of the Montale versions do ... but try Aoud Queen Roses and fall in love Smile. The addition of different sub notes affects Rose/Oud combinations quite deeply and I'm sure that Oud from different places changes the fragrances too.
I was lucky enough to be able to go shopping at Mall of Arabia in Jeddah a few days ago. I came across the Arabian Oud store (they are 50% off worldwide currently, even on the website!) and bought two frags there ... Kalemat Black (which I've reviewed on the Kalemat page and am deeply mad over) and Mukhallat al Shioukh which contains Egyptian Jasmine, Bulgarian Rose, Vanilla, White Aoud and Plant Amber. I'll review it as soon as it's added to the Parfumo database Wink.
I also went to Sephora and found a fragrance that seems to be very elusive of information on the net. It's S.T Dupont's Oud Et Rose from their Souvenirs de Malles collection. It's magnifiscent!! Also bought a second bottle of S**** Opulent no. 77 as I like it so much! At the airport duty free on my way out of Saudi there was a smorgasbord of Arabian frags on offer, but I settled for Black Aoud and Aoud Queen Roses by Montale, as I have a really hard time getting these to South Africa, where I live.
I prefer sprays but love oils too and have a sizeable collection of those, mostly from Al Haramain and Ajmal. The trick with oils (as explained to me by an Arab friend) is to apply them to damp skin after a hot shower. This way they last for 16+ hours!
Adventures into Arabic perfumery are just that Smile ... from the least expensive attar to the costly likes of Amouage, once this bug bites it's nearly impossible to deny the urge to splurge.
Arabic Perfumes - Zahras 10 years ago
Nice to be here and will be glad to assist with any queries related to Arabic perfumes, bakhkoors and perfume houses.
Zahra
Re: Arabic Perfumes - Zahras 10 years ago
Zahra:
Nice to be here and will be glad to assist with any queries related to Arabic perfumes, bakhkoors and perfume houses.
Zahra

Hi Zahra Smile

Welcome!! Wonderful to have you around Smile
10 years ago
Coutureguru:
I'm an oud junkie, especially when it's combined with rose! One would think that this combination would always smell the same, and indeed some of the Montale versions do ... but try Aoud Queen Roses and fall in love Smile. The addition of different sub notes affects Rose/Oud combinations quite deeply and I'm sure that Oud from different places changes the fragrances too.
I was lucky enough to be able to go shopping at Mall of Arabia in Jeddah a few days ago. I came across the Arabian Oud store (they are 50% off worldwide currently, even on the website!) and bought two frags there ... Kalemat Black (which I've reviewed on the Kalemat page and am deeply mad over) and Mukhallat al Shioukh which contains Egyptian Jasmine, Bulgarian Rose, Vanilla, White Aoud and Plant Amber. I'll review it as soon as it's added to the Parfumo database Wink.
I also went to Sephora and found a fragrance that seems to be very elusive of information on the net. It's S.T Dupont's Oud Et Rose from their Souvenirs de Malles collection. It's magnifiscent!! Also bought a second bottle of S*** Opulent no. 77 as I like it so much! At the airport duty free on my way out of Saudi there was a smorgasbord of Arabian frags on offer, but I settled for Black Aoud and Aoud Queen Roses by Montale, as I have a really hard time getting these to South Africa, where I live.
I prefer sprays but love oils too and have a sizeable collection of those, mostly from Al Haramain and Ajmal. The trick with oils (as explained to me by an Arab friend) is to apply them to damp skin after a hot shower. This way they last for 16+ hours!
Adventures into Arabic perfumery are just that Smile ... from the least expensive attar to the costly likes of Amouage, once this bug bites it's nearly impossible to deny the urge to splurge.

If you have the chance, you should test Neela Vermeire's Mohur. It is a gorgeous rose/oud that I think you would absolutely love.
10 years ago
Cryptic:
If you have the chance, you should test Neela Vermeire's Mohur. It is a gorgeous rose/oud that I think you would absolutely love.

I LOVE MOHUR Cryptic Smile ... read my blog entry "A Passage to India" Smile
26 - 50 by 61
Jump to