Search Forum

invitation to philosophize about perfume

invitation to philosophize about perfume 12 years ago
Greetings, Fellow Fragrant Travellers!

I'd like to invite those of you who are interested in the philosophy of perfume and perfumery to join me at sherapop's salon de parfum:

salondeparfum-sherapop.blogspot.com/

Topics discussed so far include "The Question of Niche," skin chemistry, reformulation, and the ontology of perfume (whether perfumes are closer to persons or poems, etc.).

All viewpoints and comments are welcome!

fragrantly yours,

sherapop
12 years ago
Thanks for the kind invitation. That is of course very interesting for all of us. That is why I like to make a suggestion: On Parfumo every user has the opportunity to write blog-articles. In the right corner above you find that icon "Blog". You can easily copy your texts and paste them over here, so that we can read an discuss about your articles, since replies to Parfumo-Blogs are possible and are being vividly used.
I am looking forward to reading some of your articles here and commenting on them. Regards, ET Very Happy
12 years ago
Thanks, Eternity, for pointing out the blog feature here at parfumo!
I'm very impressed with this site and am happy that Aromierotici pointed me this way by recommending parfumo and linking you prominently from Il Mondo di Odore:

aromierotici.blogspot.com/

As for your suggestion about the salon de parfum posts, I've given this some thought and have decided that since the salon is supposed to be a place for discussion (not my monologues -Wink), it might be difficult logistically to manage responses to the comments simultaneously at two different sites. So I think that what I'll post in the blog here is that there is a new post, but I'll also include a link to parfumo at the salon, so that it is easy to return.

What do you think about that idea?
12 years ago
Dear Sherapop, there is no problem with your idea. You have a very nice site and I understand that you like all disscussions and answers in one blog. The only reason I pointed out my idea and told you about the parfumo-blog-function is that I believe, that in the long run you might have a lot readers here. We experienced on the German Parfumo that the blog-function is very vividly being used, Users like to comment on articles plus new blog articles are currently shown in a directory. My dear, do as ever you prefer. Congrats on your nice site Smile We are happy to have you here Smile
12 years ago
Reading this discusssion, I got the idea, that it would be nice if people could embed their external blog within a frame on Parfumo. So, I talked to Don about it, and the answer is no. There are so many different technical standards around that you simply cannot embed one webside into another without a lot of effort. We have to find other solutions to promote the external blogs of some of the Parfumo users.

I think, moving completely to Parfumo is not a good idea for those who already run their own blog elsewhere since the Parfumo blog functionality is somewhat basic and does not allow customizing.

Sherapop, I think it is best if you just put a link to your external blog at your blog at Perfumo. Additionally, I will post a recommendation for aromierotici.blogspot.com/ and salondeparfum-sherapop.blogspot.com/ in the German Parfumo.
12 years ago
Apicius:
Sherapop, I think it is best if you just put a link to your external blog at your blog at Perfumo. Additionally, I will post a recommendation for aromierotici.blogspot.com/ and salondeparfum-sherapop.blogspot.com/ in the German Parfumo.

Thanks so much! Cool
12 years ago
sherapop Cool Let's get some of your terrific reviews up in here... Very Happy
12 years ago
AromiErotici:
sherapop Cool Let's get some of your terrific reviews up in here... Very Happy

Aromi, Perfumed Knight in Shining Armor, thank you for the kind words! With your encouragement, I shall! Cool
Notify about new comments
Forum Overview Perfumes & Brands invitation to philosophize about perfume
Jump to