Search Forum

Which floral has most scent development?(is the least linear

Which floral has most scent development?(is the least linear 11 years ago
hi,

I want to order a couple of samples from different categories, including a floral perfume. And I'd like to pick the perfume that has the most scent development, i.e. the one that is the least linear. I like it when the fragrance changes over time Very Happy

I'm considering:
- Caron "Parfum Sacré"
- Annick Goutal "Grand Amour"
- d'Orsay "Tilleul (1995)"

Which one has the most scent development? Suggestions are welcome!
11 years ago
Hmmm. I'm sorry no one has answered yet, Sleuth. I've only tried one of the three. So I wonder whether no one happens to have read this who has tried them all.
11 years ago
Hello PBullFriend, thanks for replying anyway. Maybe I should have posed the question differently, because feedback on one or two would be nice too. But I thought you guys knew *everything* Smile
11 years ago
Out of the three you posted, I've tried Parfum Sacre and Grand Amour.

Parfum Sacre seems somewhat deeper, so that if Grand Amour were a soprano, PS would be a contralto. It also lasts a lot longer, at least on my skin. While both are delicious and very high quality, they are ultimately in different weight groups.

If I may suggest, try Guerlain Chamade before Grand Amour, they are clearly related notewise, but Chamade has a much bigger wingspan and develops more slowly with lots more nuances.
11 years ago
Thanks for the feedback C.C. Smile

Chamade sounds good too. I don't think I'm going to wear a women's fragrance that people will recognize, but I definitely want to smell it now!
11 years ago
Floral aldehydes are way less boring. Look into those...
11 years ago
What's boring about the 3 I listed?
11 years ago
It was just a suggestion of fumes to test.

Parfum Sacre and Tilleul are both definetly not boring. Parfum Sacre doesn't seem too floral, though... more oriental.
Tilleul is a nice clean scent, floral but nothing worth that much money.Also, rather on the feminine side, in my opinion.

I don't like Grand Amour, but it's just because I don't like the Annick Goutal "undertone" in general, to me it smells a bit like petroleum. So instead of this, I suggest that maybe...you could try some with subtle aldehydes or just florals with spices from Guerlain, YSL

From the 3 list you gave,I really like Parfum Sacre, a clove-spicy-oriental perfume like no other. Can't be confused.
11 years ago
thanks for the feedback Smile
10 years ago
Hi Sleuth,
Are you mainly interested in these three or are other suggestions welcome? If you are open to other suggestions, I think the replies will come flooding in, depends on what notes and style you prefer and how femme you are willing to go.
I agree that floral chypres and aldehydes are always a good bet when it comes to fragrance development. I don't wear orientals much but found that all the Amouages I've sampled have been total shape shifters - where you start is never where you end up.
I'm not in a position to compare the above three as I've only sampled "Grand Amour" and disliked the red berry note in that one.
If you are after a rose-ish fragrance that is not a soliflore and could be pulled off by a guy, "Calandre" by Paco Rabanne is a beautiful rose aldehyde with green chypre leanings that you won't smell on too many people these days. It's been reformulated but the new version is not a disaster.
Notify about new comments
Forum Overview Perfume Recommendations Which floral has most scent development?(is the least linear
Jump to