Search Forum

Ramón Monegal - your favorites?

Ramón Monegal - your favorites? 11 years ago
I have read praise about Ramon Monegal, e.g., at The Perfume Magazine and in fellow Parfuma Florblanca's blog.

Please give me some recommendations about scents of his that you have tested or which you own and love.

Thank you.
11 years ago
My favorite and the only one I own, "Entre Naranjos" is one of the best orange blossom compositions on the market, IMO.

"Impossible Iris" is another standout. While I am not an iris fan at all, it is one of the few iris focused compositions I not only can tolerate, but actually enjoy wearing.
11 years ago
"Cherry Musk | Ramon Monegal" is my absolute favorite from Ramon Monegal. It is not a sickening, sweet fragrance as many other cherries, rather fresh and clean. His parfumes are special indeed.
11 years ago
Yes, "Entre Naranjos" is very nice, and it is just what the name indicates.

I was one of the lucky guys who got their hands on the Ramon Monegal promotion set that contained 15 ml (I guess) samples of all of their fragrances from 2010.

Since I am not so familiar with ladies' fragrances I focused on the more masculine part of the set.

Ramon Monegal is definitely following a somewhat puristic approach, presumably influenced by J.C. Ellena. Concerning purism they do go into extremes, yet, these perfumes have style and character.

Especially "Umbra", "Dry Wood" and "Agar Musk" follow that path. They mainly contain bitter and tart woody and ambery notes, with ingredients like ambroxan and norlimbanol, and they are very much focussed on the base note. The problem I have with these perfumes is that I cannot stand this tartness on my skin for hours and hours. It simply is not me. But I passed one sample (Agar Musk) to Rivegauche and from the distance I have to say it smells absolutely gorgeous on him.

Being a Spanish brand, Ramon Monegal can play with the latin lover cliché. The tartness and the purism of these perfumes can express a more modern approach to masculinity (or even machismo?) than the overladen aromatic fougères of the last century.

Puristic tartness is so much "in the face" here that Ramon Monegal could be regarded as a role model of that style.

So, ladies and gents, if you have a latin lover at home, with dark complexion, black hair and designer stubble, choose one of those three as the next birthday present! Wink
Notify about new comments
Forum Overview Perfumes & Brands Ramón Monegal - your favorites?
Jump to