Search Forum

What is Your Favorite Le Labo, Which are you curious About?

What is Your Favorite Le Labo, Which are you curious About? 11 years ago
Now that I've discovered the City Exclusives are available for a limited time. I am trying to decide which ones to focus my sampling/ review efforts on. Which one's are most intriguing? Which ones are Your personal favorites? Any and all feedback is welcome!
11 years ago
Since any and all feedback is welcome, I gotta say that I'm not a fan of this house because I don't like their musk. I'd focus on scents that are low on musk and that offer something other brands don't offer.
11 years ago
Sleuth:
Since any and all feedback is welcome, I gotta say that I'm not a fan of this house because I don't like their musk. I'd focus on scents that are low on musk and that offer something other brands don't offer.

That is very interesting to me, actually! I think the only one I really like from their house- that I tested in LA was the Musc! I found the Neroli, Bergamot and Orange Flower to be all uninspired. The Oud- made the hairs on the back of my neck stand up and I don't think I tried any others after that one...but I really like to systematically explore each niche house for hidden gems, since I had bad first impressions of Serge Lutens, L'artisan and others and now I am a big Serge Lutens Fan...I try not to be too hasty anymore.
11 years ago
Big fan of Poivre 23. I wouldn't drop the money on it but I like it. I would love to sample the rest of the city exclusives but I don't want to go broke on samples.
11 years ago
SuperSniffer:
Big fan of Poivre 23. I wouldn't drop the money on it but I like it. I would love to sample the rest of the city exclusives but I don't want to go broke on samples.

I know what you mean! Even the samples are a hefty sum! I have just sampled Limette 37. Poivre 23, Vanille 44 and Musc 25 and I feel they are all high quality and very longlasting on me (about 24-48 hours- through at least one shower!) So they do try to add value with longevity and quality, but still...none of them other than my favorite Musc 25 would even enter the realm of full bottle due entirely to the cost versus benefit and IMO, mediocre bottle design concept. Still I'd never turn down a chance to sample the city exclusives while they are around. It really serves Le Labo no benefit financially to price the samples out of universe-
11 years ago
I have sampled all Le Labo and I found I couldn't live without their "Anis" room spray. As far and their fragrances go, nothing I had to have.
11 years ago
Flaconneur:
I have sampled all Le Labo and I found I couldn't live without their "Anis" room spray. As far and their fragrances go, nothing I had to have.

hhhmmmm- interesting- I should sample their room sprays. I never think about atmospheric enhancements because 2/4 of my pets & hubby have asthma/allergies and the vet actually wrote in my instructions "No fragranced dryer sheets, laundry detergent, Febreeze, fragrances" So I live in a sensory deprivation tank with them. They will have to pry my perfume samples from my cold dead hands...but I wonder if maybe a higher quality of room spray might be the answer to the allergy/irritant issue...I'll be living in a beautifully scented cardboard box soon, thanks to Le Labo- ohhh back to their website I go!
Iris on the bus 11 years ago
Big fan of Iris 39. Was on holiday in San Francisco. Spent some time at their Fillmore St shop. Caught a bus wearing Iris 39, which didn't wow me at the outset, but I fell in love with it as it developed.
Re: Iris on the bus 11 years ago
Omni:
Big fan of Iris 39. Was on holiday in San Francisco. Spent some time at their Fillmore St shop. Caught a bus wearing Iris 39, which didn't wow me at the outset, but I fell in love with it as it developed.

Oh, I am going to have to try that one again. I love Iris.. Well the City Exclusive sale ends in 2 hours for the next two years and I made it through- almost unscathed- with only purchasing a 15 ml bottle of Musc 25- love it!!! So now it's back to the non-exclusive offerings for all of us and back into Niche obscurity for Le Labo, I suspect. I think they will need to come up with a more feel good way of differentiating their brand other than making it impossible to acquire unless you're in their boutique in London, NYC, LA, San Fran, Dubai, Chicago, Tokyo...that has gotten pretty old pretty fast...Anyone else get caught up in the madness?
10 years ago
Ylang 49 is my favorite and the only one I own. That said, I was also highly impressed by Iris 39 that has some similarities and probably is by the same perfumer. Both are excellent, IMO.
10 years ago
I really like "Chant de Bois". But it is so similar to one of my faves, Hermes "Concentré de Pamplemousse Rose" -which is already part of my collection- that I can't justify owning a bottle of both
Notify about new comments
Forum Overview Perfumes & Brands What is Your Favorite Le Labo, Which are you curious About?
Jump to