Search Forum

Tauer - new Explorer 15ml sample sets

Tauer - new Explorer 15ml sample sets 11 years ago
It seems that Andy Tauer has been listening to the laments of his overseas customers (like me) who live in countries with no Tauer stockist or who wish to buy a few of his perfumes in a size that lies somewhere between a sample and full bottle. As the Tauer website does not ship full bottles to my country (Australia) my only current option is to order from the US and grudgingly pay for hefty postage in the $35 - $55 price range.
The new "Explorer" set provides 3 x 15ml spray bottles in his cute aluminium slider tin, with free delivery. You can choose three of the same fragrance (great for swaps and purse sprays) or two or three different fragrances to make up the set. Not all of the range is available, but most of the popular ones are.
On a price per ml basis, it probably works out more expensive, but for someone like me it can actually work out cheaper due to the savings in postage from the US.
Well done, Andy!
11 years ago
I totally agree, Diane, and the Tauer's are so potent that a 15ml size would probably last me a year! It also seems that the smaller sizes means the set can be sent as "samples" thus allowing certain shipping restrictions relating to perfume quantities to be bypassed - a clever solution.
Frederic Malle makes 3 x 10ml sets (similar for some of the Chanels) but you have to order three of the same fragrance and the individual vials are supposed to be used in a separate aluminium purse spray; Tauer reckons his vials are sturdy enough to be carried alone.
11 years ago
I am pondering over the three I want to order in the Explorer set.
I placed an order this morning for my second sample set.
11 years ago
Surprised!

I sold my bottle of Un Rose Vermeille because it was too much perfume for me to handle. I'd love to try the explorer set. The sprays look pretty cute and travel-friendly too. Eep! Thanks Triffid for sharing.
11 years ago
Hayven, "Une Rose Vermeille" didn't work for me either. So different to Tauer's other rose perfumes, it conjured images of powdered fruit juice ( think "Tang" or similar) mixed with rose water, somewhat caustic, fruity and sweet.
I definitely want "Carillon pour un Ange" and "Incense Rose" but I think I'll order another Discovery Set of samples, ones I haven't tried yet, before making my third choice. My husband likes the lavender in "Reverie au Jardin" but it's not available in the 15ml size.
I would love to get Frederic Malle's coffret set for women (12 x 5ml bottles in display box) but its way too pricey and there's a pretty fair chance I won't like all of them. The Malle stockist in Australia never has testers or samples which really bothers me, given that they are the sole distributor here.
11 years ago
I am also very happy about the new Explorer set. What a great idea, and a great chance to have three of his wonderful fragrances, as a FB is quite a hefty price, and this gives us an opportunity to have 3 faves. I am wondering if any of you have experienced this strange thing that happened to me, when I went on the Tauer Website, it warned me not to go further, as it said it wasn't a trusted site) I had the same thing happen 2 years ago, when I opened an account, and ordered the discovery set. I was using Firefox , and got quite a shock, so tried it on Chrome, and the warning didn't appear on Chrome. But the other day, the same thing happened on Chrome, and can't understand why this is happening . Have any of you had this happen, while going on to the Andy Tauer Website? I think it may be because his payments are made through a Swiss Banking firm, but really don't understand the reason for this.
11 years ago
Dal, I ordered yesterday, did not happen to me. Strange.
11 years ago
I use Firefox and have not had any problems with Tauer's site.
Explorer Sets 11 years ago
I have to sell something to get one of these. I am looking at all my furniture and wondering what I can do without.
11 years ago
www.tauerperfumes.com/blog/

This User is not affiliated with Tauer Perfumes.
11 years ago
I am expecting my second sample set to arrive today, then I can make up my mind on which ones to order in the Explore set. Thanks Pipette for the info on 10% off. Who knows may order two sets. Smile
The Andy Tauer Advent Calendar 10 years ago
Currently Elena Vosnaki, on her blog Perfume Shrine, is hosting a give-away of an Explorer Set of Tauer Perfumes.

See this link:

perfumeshrine.blogspot.com/2013/12/best-quirky -spicy-anisic-or-floral.html
10 years ago
I now have my Explorer set, though not from the giveaway Pipette mentions.
The presentation is fabulous - the larger slider tin looks both modern yet retro and delivery took just a few days via Fedex. Two free samples were also included - bonus!
10 years ago
Triffid:
I now have my Explorer set, though not from the giveaway Pipette mentions.
The presentation is fabulous - the larger slider tin looks both modern yet retro and delivery took just a few days via Fedex. Two free samples were also included - bonus!

Ooohh sounds fantastic! Which ones did you order btw? Any chance of a few reviews? Wink

I got a 15ml bottle of "Une Rose Vermeille" and wonder if I'm going to like it... Nevertheless I'm curious, but feeling too sensitive to smells right now to try it. I sampled a few absolutely horrible perfumes a few hours ago and I still feel a bit ill for it.
10 years ago
Sweetgrass, I ordered Incense Rose, Carillon pour une Ange and the new Collectible PHI-Une Rose de Kandahar. The first two were easy picks but the third choice was more difficult. I didn't want to double up on one of the first two but of the other 10(!) of his perfumes I'd tried, most fell into the "second tier" ranking i.e. they were interesting and I admired them but did not feel compelled enough to want to own one of them.
PHI was a blind buy, a bit risky given my statement above, but I'm very happy with it - it's a departure in style for me.
I have lots of half-composed reviews of Tauer's fragrances. I've held back on posting them, either because other reviewers have already said it better than me or because I have trouble picking the fragrances apart and conjuring up the rather vivid imagery that other reviewers and bloggers describe.
I'm probably a bit more pragmatic when sampling a fragrance - do I like it? would I buy it? are there occasions when I would actually wear it? My opinion seems to change from one wearing to another - very confusing.
Une Rose Vermeille was one that didn't really work for me but I am now thinking I would like to own Lonestar Memories. It has this incredibly repellent opening, like a burnt out mechanic's workshop with dirty exhaust and chemical solvents, but then it changes in a most pleasant and interesting way and wears surprisingly well in the heat. I keep returning to my sample, it's addictive, rather like glue-sniffing!
from this Explorer set... 10 years ago
Which are you going to order?

I got the Discover Set, Noontide Petals and/or Penta Auburn are the ones I decided on.
10 years ago
I just received a notification from Tauer Perfumes advising that four new perfumes have been added to the selections available in the Explorer Set. These are: 01 Le Maroc Pour Elle, 04 Reverie au Jardin, 07 Vetiver Dance and Zeta. There is an introductory offer of a 20% discount on these ones until Feb 14.
None are my personal faves but with the 15ml size, sometimes 'like' can be good enough to make up a set.
10 years ago
Thanks Triffid, I liked my sample of 04 Reverie au Jardin. I will be thinking about this offer.
10 years ago
Triffid:
I just received a notification from Tauer Perfumes advising that four new perfumes have been added to the selections available in the Explorer Set. These are: 01 Le Maroc Pour Elle, 04 Reverie au Jardin, 07 Vetiver Dance and Zeta. There is an introductory offer of a 20% discount on these ones until Feb 14.
None are my personal faves but with the 15ml size, sometimes 'like' can be good enough to make up a set.

Thank you for the information.
I checked that 15ml sampler set a few months ago and didn't order it bc it didn't include Le Maroc Pour Elle which is the one I wanted most.
Now I can go and order a set Smile
Notify about new comments
Forum Overview Perfumes & Brands Tauer - new Explorer 15ml sample sets
Jump to