Search Forum

Vintage Thrills

176 - 198 by 198
11 years ago
At same store picked up the Egyptian perfume. Again I don't know anything about it. There was a cork under the cap I tried to pry out but it ended up slipping down into the perfume unfortunately. Grrr. Embarassed This smells weird, perhaps a spice I am unfamiliar with and is not sweet at all.. The label looks oily because I spilled a little.

I found a picture and reference to this on fatcatrags.com but it isn't the same bottle. They say it's from the 1920's!
I need a new cork, fast!
11 years ago
Brought these home today.

20130908_183716 by ConiferLover, on Flickr
The Gucci and all of the Poisons have evaporated. Everything in this photo was free including the Miss Dior Parfum. The Weil smells a little off.

20130908_183925 by ConiferLover, on Flickr
I had to pay for these
Evil or Very Mad
11 years ago
Yes, I like that too, I have one similar.
11 years ago
That is Mitsouko 8 ml parfum I have one already but the canister is different so I got another one. Laughing

IMG_1061 by ConiferLover, on Flickr
Here is my other one.
11 years ago
That is the one I have Dig. Love it!
11 years ago
Beachgirl2:

I need a new cork, fast!

What a marvelous excuse to drink a bottle of wine!
11 years ago
SystemeD:
Beachgirl2:

I need a new cork, fast!

Ditto
11 years ago
Nice finds as usually, Digindirt.
11 years ago
Digindirt:
SystemeD:
Beachgirl2:

I need a new cork, fast!

Ditto
Tee hee, I just saw this. I've had like 2 bottle of wine since!!
11 years ago
Yes, I think part is the thrill of the hunt. Nothing beats finding an old perfume that's still in its glory, beautiful to smell, beautiful in its bottle, and of course, at a wonderful price. And of course, to put it on, to dab the precious drops of it onto oneself, is magnificent. To wear the old ingredients, what we call the real stuff, what we know is before the reformulations, is superb. We marvel at the beautiful aromas, we sniff, we inhale, we luxuriate in these bottles. We can collect them, yes, but truly, nothing beats sitting amongst them and opening the different ones and sniffing the wondrous concoctions of perfumers of the past. The new perfumes can't hold a candle to the vintages at all, and those that don't understand vintages or appreciate them have so much to learn. How to explain to someone about old perfumes? They are heavenly to us that do appreciate them for what they are and what they represent.
10 years ago
I came across a 1/2 oz of Secret de Venus Bath Oil Zibeline last weekend. Asking price is $265.
Does anyone here think this is a decent price? I want it baaaaadddddddd!
10 years ago
I don't know Dig, sounds high to me.
10 years ago
It is high but its higher everywhere else I've seen it online.
10 years ago
Digindirt:
I came across a 1/2 oz of Secret de Venus Bath Oil Zibeline last weekend. Asking price is $265.

Maybe you want it soooo bad because it's so outrageously expensive and is taunting you with it's apparent worth? Just want to throw that out there. Smile #Don't do it.
10 years ago
Dulcemio:
Digindirt:

Maybe you want it soooo bad because it's so outrageously expensive and is taunting you with it's apparent worth? Just want to throw that out there. Smile #Don't do it.

I think I want it because it smells heavenly and I love love love Huile.

I still want it but haven't bitten the bullet just yet.
10 years ago
I was gifted an assortment of mens fragrances ladt night, one of which turned out to be quite rare. Its 4oz half full bottle of Braggi by Charles Revson. Does anyone know this one? Another was Houbigant Musk, not found in dba. Its a black bottle.
10 years ago
No more vintages for 2014...
....except these
10 years ago
I don't know why .... I don't believe a word you are saying. Surprised
10 years ago
Scout's honor.
10 years ago
Dig, darling you wasn't in the Girl Scouts. Razz
10 years ago
Busted. Embarassed
Notify about new comments