Search Forum

The soap opera that is now TPC

The soap opera that is now TPC 12 years ago
Wow. I have seen rock stars get less attention than The Perfumed Court has in recent days regarding the changes taking place.

Am I the only one that doesn't give a &^%$? I get far better deals elsewhere and I never cared for the way they shipped in piecemeal fashion.

Sorry for the rant. I am plain sick of reading threads about this on every site I peruse. " The sky is falling.....The sky is falling...."
Really ?????? I'll go even more against the grain by saying I could care less if the new ventures succeed. Their prices are ripoffs.
12 years ago
No, you're not alone, Aromi! I renounced decanters some time ago, having realized how much of people's wallet share they're siphoning off, greatly diminishing potential revenues to independent and niche perfumers...

I consider decanters to be parasites--no worse but no better than e-bay hawks who procure free samples posing as consumers and then sell them for 100% profit. Not a noble enterprise, IMNSHO...

Wink
12 years ago
Isn't there an Aesop's fable about this? Something about a crow trying to pick up a bunch of grapes and losing what he already had in his mouth?

hmmm...
Laughing
12 years ago
I haven't ordered all that much from The Perfumed Court myself but I like their service a lot. Yes, decants are cheaper by the liter as are discounted original bottles if you can get them but TPC offers/offered thousands of niche samples, many of them vintage or (in some parts of the world) hard to get. It is a means of getting a whiff of a particular scent or a sampler on a theme, and I hope one or better yet both of the resulting enterprises will be able to provide that service in the future.
12 years ago
It seems to be a complete mess as of this post. I'm just happy TPC wasn't one of my go-to sample stores.
12 years ago
Just for laughs, last night I took a look at the Creednotes forum, and the number one thread was about TPC! A long string of totally boring nonsense.

Then I took a look at the new website. It looks very amateurish and sad to me. Oh well, it doesn't matter because I renounced decanters quite some time ago.

Wink
12 years ago
Sunshine2006:
Shera, are you refering to the website of "Surrender to Chance"?
That looked like a simple blog site to me.
Interesting to see the price difference for Mon Precieux by Guerlain.

I read on basenotes a bit the other day and somewhere else. A well known blogger gave one of the owners room for a post. I personally did not really go for the background info why the new name and so on " we sat in the desert and yada yada".

I am wasting my time with that here, so I better call it a quits

Yes, I was referring to "Surrender to Chance," a phrase which by the way quite nicely and concisely captures the essence of the decanter/ebay perfume re-selling enterprise, it seems to me...

Twisted Evil
Notify about new comments
Forum Overview Perfumes & Brands The soap opera that is now TPC
Jump to