Search Forum

Cardamom!

Cardamom! 11 years ago
I'm a fool for cardamom.

So many of the fragrances in my collection contain that lovely note, but I am always on the lookout for an overlooked classic or a newly released stunner..

Do you have any favorites with a memorable cardamom note? Have you sampled anything lately that I absolutely must try?

Thank you!
11 years ago
ohh i Love cardamom to ,My last perfume not containing cardamom but smelling like Coffee and cardamom is Bond No9 New york for all . try it out its so Nice
Others also:
Hermes Apres La mousoon
Hermes Voyage
Bond Chinatown
Guess Marchiano
Jungel le tigre
Nina Ricci Delice de epices
he he you see i love Cardamom to;) Good Luck on Your hunt for New jummy treats
11 years ago
Tauer's Incense Rose has a lovely cardamon note in the opening phase, though it's not the prevalent theme for the entire fragrance. It adds a lovely warm, sweet woodiness to the zestiness of mandarin peel, cedar, rose and cool incense. Might be worth a sniff if that conbination appeals to you.
11 years ago
Triffid, Incense Rosé has been on my wish list since I first sampled it. Your recommendation hits the mark for me!

And thanks also to Angelofnorth. I have tried most of the ones you mention, except Ricci Delice d'Epices, Guess by Marciano, and Bond No. 9 I Love New York For All. I will look for samples!
11 years ago
Oh, yes!

When I was a child there were these cough drops called "Hustinetten" (Cough-i-nettes). They had a funny TV ad with a big bear who was handing out these drops to everybody:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=mu3SvdbVOto

The taste was a combination of mainly cardamom (I think) and a strong citric note.

I was amazed when I found this taste as a fragrance in Ronaldo Esper's "Millesimé".

Ronaldo Esper perfumes are very hard to find but you can experience this note as well in Czech & Speake's "Citrus Paradisi" - a very rare but attractive combination in perfumery so far.
11 years ago
I will certainly seek out a sample of the Czech and Speake Citrus Paradisi.

Thank you for your suggestion, Apicius!

However, after reading your review of Ronaldo Esper Millesimé, I confess that I am now longing for it!
11 years ago
The ultimate in minimalist cardamom colognes:

"1902 Eau de Cologne Premium Collection - Cardamomum Vegetalis by Berdoues"

I cannot think of cardamom as a perfume note without thinking of

"Kenzo Jungle"

and

"Chinatown"!

Cool
11 years ago
OOOHHH MYYYY! You Read my Mind! I am suddenly obsessed with Cardamom too!!!

Here are my favorites so Far:

1. Cinq Monde- Eau de Bengalore -sheer but definitely a cardamom & vanilla celebration.
2.Nasomatto- Silver Musk- Beautiful Cardamom for the first hour- then intense spicy musk- I couldn't handle the musk but OH MY did I love that first hour- like bathing in a Thai spiced rice pudding.
3. Lubin- Black Jade and Lubin - Galaad - both bewitching
4. Red Flower Cardamom Amber Hammam Oil- Highly fragranced- must love amber too.
5.Fragonard- Vrai
6. L'Eau de Kasaneka- cute bottle too
7. Penhaligon's - Elixir Eau- classic spicy blend
8. Comme des Garcons - Holygrace- watery spices
9. i Profumi di Firenze - Ambra del Nepal- Haven't sampled yet, but is on my short list. Good luck with your cardamom quest! Please update us on which one's you enjoy the most!
11 years ago
Flavorite, that's a wonderful list.

I love and own L'Eau de Kasaneka and Penhaligon's Elixir, but now I absolutely must try both of the Lubin fragrances you mentioned.

And I had not heard of Vrai, although I have a couple of other Fragonard fragrances in my collection. That house is so affordable -- should I blind buy the Vrai?
11 years ago
Cardamom is one of my favorite notes too! I see that others have already recommended Incense Rosé by Tauer... have you also tried Voyage d'Hermès by Hermès or Déclaration by Cartier? They are a bit similar (both by Jean-Claude Ellena), and to me, cardamom is very prominent in both of them (of the two I prefer Voyage d'Hermès, but many people prefer Déclaration as well).
11 years ago
Those two are going straight onto my "must-try" list, Songeuse. Thank you!

Other fragrances in my collection with strong cardamom notes are Jacomo Art Collection #08, Bulgari Omnia, YSL Nu, and Eau de Lalique (EdL is also by J-C Ellena).
11 years ago
SystemeD:
Flavorite, that's a wonderful list.

I love and own L'Eau de Kasaneka and Penhaligon's Elixir, but now I absolutely must try both of the Lubin fragrances you mentioned.

And I had not heard of Vrai, although I have a couple of other Fragonard fragrances in my collection. That house is so affordable -- should I blind buy the Vrai?

I am trying not to do anymore blind buying ever (it has only worked for me about twice out of the last 30 bottles---it really depends on how much you can handle in possible disappointment, because I've read (on another site) several people thought that Vrai was really unappealing...now that being said, perhaps they just don't like cardamom as much as we do, or perhaps they like their scents with a bit more sillage...that could be the case, while I like it enough to get a fb- it's a very light sillage scent, some might consider watery and weak.

p.s. I just stopped in a duty free shop and tried Hermes Voyage finally! What a true spicy cardamom treat! With better sillage...it has moved to the top of my full-bottle list for this Fall! Personally, I'd go for that one blind, with no reservations before Vrai. Happy shopping!
11 years ago
Thanks for the terrific advice, Flavorite.

Luckily, there is an Hermès store in my city. Next time I am in that neighborhood, I will run in and sample the Voyage.
11 years ago
If you like spices in general and with a bit of a woody edge, then try Cartier Déclaration pour homme (original). It's unisex enough, I mean, spices are obviously for everyone. And it's a great balanced scent.
11 years ago
Bond No 9 Chinatown has a gorgeous cardamom note!
Notify about new comments
Jump to