Search Forum

Living well is the best revenge...

Living well is the best revenge... 11 years ago
What kind of scent would you choose to convey that notion?
I would choose a scent that might not necessarily be expensive, (though it might be) but one that I feel really comfortable and happy in, one that turns my chemistry into veritable ambrosia. It would have a slight sillage, smell very personal and be flawlessly blended.

Vol de Nuit or Sublime might fit the bill.

What would you choose?
11 years ago
Hmmmm I feel so many perfumes make me feel fabulous, despite any turmoil that may be going on in my life. Im thinking possibly Isabey Fleur Nocturne & Lipstick Rose, as they both sit so perfectly comfortably on my skin, yet project just right!
11 years ago
Whenever I wear "24, Faubourg", I feel like a million dollars!
"Fracas" is another great choice for me...

Carpe Diem!!!

Smile
11 years ago
With so many wonderful perfumes to choose from in the world, I still come back to one that fits this bill...

"Cuir Mauresque" by Serge Lutens
11 years ago
Sherapop:
Whenever I wear "24, Faubourg", I feel like a million dollars!
"Fracas" is another great choice for me...

Carpe Diem!!!

Smile

FRACAS!!! pant,pant,pant ... TUBEROSE Very Happy ... pant,pant,pant
11 years ago
I tend to feel opulent in big orientals. In tuberose I feel like teh sexay.
11 years ago
For me, that would be
* either some exotic stuff such as Virgin Island Water, or
* uplifting, energizing as Cacharel Liberte,
* as well as something sweet, comfortable and friendly, "reliable" like Lolita Lempicka L!

And yes, of course, it doesn't need to be expensive at all, that doesn't guarantee anything.
11 years ago
Heavy, rich, opulent juices give me the feeling of luxury and decadence, hence my orientals wonderfully fit the purpose Smile

Some special and loved divas in my collection :
Memoir Woman / Amouage
Ambre Fetiche / Annick Goutal
Oud Royal / Armani
Black Aoud / Montale
Luxor Oud / MEMO

However, just to feel warm, cozy and protected : Mitsouko, my olfactory home and castle. Sometimes, my inner diva needs a rest from her usual self Smile
11 years ago
For me, BOUCHERON

It makes me feel like this:

11 years ago
There are so many perfumes that make me feel good, it changes from day to day, depending on my mood, and my chemistry. In the morning when choosing my perfume I sniff the nozzles, and pick the one that "speaks to me" that day.
One that never fails to make me feel good is "Gucci Eau de Parfum". When I wear this I just want to sniff the skin off my arms. I could bathe or drown in this stuff.
11 years ago
Eurochic:
There are so many perfumes that make me feel good, it changes from day to day, depending on my mood, and my chemistry. In the morning when choosing my perfume I sniff the nozzles, and pick the one that "speaks to me" that day.One that never fails to make me feel good is "Gucci Eau de Parfum". When I wear this I just want to sniff the skin off my arms. I could bathe or drown in this stuff.

I will have to try that, makes sense to me. I have a vintage "Gucci Eau de Parfum" and the nozzle is missing, I want to smell this perfume so much. I have thought about breaking the bottle and pouring into cheesecloth.

The perfume that makes me feel good is Lillie Rubin a wonderful floral. Love vintage Samsara too.
11 years ago
Cincy, don't break the bottle, there are little gadgets that can help you get the stuff out. I'm going to send you a PM. And if you don't like the Gucci, I'm a taker, LOL.
11 years ago
I feel just wonderful, and special,,,when I wear my Coromandel. Cool
11 years ago
Clive Christian #1 For Women and Amouage Epic Woman, though there are a few others I could add. However, these top my lust. Uh list!
11 years ago
Wearing "Portrait of a Lady" makes me feel good and increases my selfconfidence
11 years ago
I have to admit that I wear most of my perfumes for the image I want to project on a given day. Sure I like them, and sure I wear them "for myself," but "how do I want to smell today?" is what I ask myself most of the times.

Except for two of them, which I can say I wear for myself only, with no pressure of an image to project (that's my idea of living well, I suppose), and they are Allure Homme Sport Cologne (not to be confused with the EdT) and the dear old Brut splash-on lotion (now owned by Unilever).

Both very inexpensive and very uplifting.
10 years ago
Currently Bruno Acampora's Musc EDP and Serge Luten's Daim Blonde inspire this feeling of total luxury for me!
10 years ago
"La Route d'Emeraude 2012" by Isabey

A luxurious jasmine scent, too good for every day. Reserved for special occasions. This perfume has too much impact for every day wear.
10 years ago
My vintages make me feel special. Some of them are so rich and luxurious that when I open them up the smell is overwhelming in beauty. With today's reformulations, nothing comes close to them. I have a set of Max Factor Electrique from the 1950's that had never been opened until I did, and putting it on is such an experience. My vintage Chanel, My Sin and Arpege all smell heavenly to me, too.
10 years ago
It has to be Boucheron's Trouble. Just love that stuff!
Notify about new comments
Forum Overview Perfumes & Brands Living well is the best revenge...
Jump to