Search Forum

smooth, light floral with subtle nuttiness and vanilla?

smooth, light floral with subtle nuttiness and vanilla? 10 years ago
Does such a thing exist?

In my mind's nose I imagine an Organza that is softer, smoother and lighter.
10 years ago
"Femme (1989)" by Rochas

"La Route d'Emeraude (2012)" by Isabey

"Divine (1986)" by Divine
10 years ago
Pipette:
"Femme (1989)" by Rochas

"La Route d'Emeraude (2012)" by Isabey

"Divine (1986)" by Divine

Ooh, these sound promising, thank you. Smile The Isabey sounds delicious. And I just remembered I own Rochas Absolue and put it on.

I wonder how the original Femme compares to the current release.
10 years ago
Another one by Rochas you may like Dulce, is "Tocade"
10 years ago
Another one by Rochas you may like Dulce, is "Tocade:40b986c7a7]

Thanks, Dolby. Smile I actually owned Tocade a long time ago and swapped it. It sounded perfect on paper, but seemed a too simple rose & vanilla blend on me. I prefer roses less obvious.
10 years ago
Ok Very Happy
I'll keep searching.
In the meantime, I see that Organza has tons of flankers.
Have you tried any of them?
Some might very well be exactly what you are looking for.
xo
10 years ago
Thanks, Dolby.

I've tried "First Light" - it has way too much gardenia for me.
And of course I have "Indecence", which is lf course a big vanilla extravaganza, not floral at all.
Some of.the others sound heavy on citrus and/or are difficult to find.

I am curious how the EDT version of Organza compares to the original, if anyone has tried it.

Actually, maybe Organza isn't the best reference point to begin this search, since it's so heavy on white florals (which are blended so well with the oriental notes I can enjoy it).

I have in mind some soft flowers with a light dusting of nuts and vanilla.
10 years ago
"Beautiful U" by Esmé René.
The nuttiness is primarily almond. Besides that it sounds like a perfect fit. The only issue is the strength of the EDP is rather sad, though for about $25 you can get a gorgeous gift box that has 100ml, 50ml, lotion and body wash, so layering for depth and longevity is almost expected.
10 years ago
Thank you, Scarletting, that one sounds worth looking into. Smile

I wonder about frags that are designed to be layered with other products, though. Is that intentional to make us buy more products, the cynic in me wants to know? Though, as you mentioned, many come with economically priced gift sets. However, most of the lotions in these gift sets I've noticed have various ingredients that I try to avoid. I'm soooo picky about lotion.
10 years ago
I think in this case it's an unintentionally weak EDP. From the packaging and gift box (it even has branded tissue paper!) I get the feeling Esme Rene was supposed to be aimed at a higher bracket but for some reason it bombed. It's also available under two names (the other is "Meaningful U") so there's def something weird going on there. It smells great through, snap it up while you can!

I think somewhere along the line the longevity standard got thrown to the wayside. I know I fell in love with D&G The One for Men and it's a crime how fast that perfume fades considering the price tag. Blv II, same deal... I have no idea how it went through to manufacture. Do they just not care?
Someone on one of the forums mentioned "olfactory haiku", learning not to resent perfumes when they disappear too fast. It's a wonderful idea but if I'm paying over a dollar per ml I expect it to last more than an hour!
10 years ago
Perhaps try Perlier - "White Almond Body Spray" (lighter than a typical EDP, but might have the right vibe). It's a whole line, body wash, lotion, body mist that can be layered.
10 years ago
Flavorite:
Perhaps try Perlier - "White Almond Body Spray" (lighter than a typical EDP, but might have the right vibe). It's a whole line, body wash, lotion, body mist that can be layered.

Thanks, Flavorite. That one sounds interesting.
Notify about new comments
Forum Overview Perfume Recommendations smooth, light floral with subtle nuttiness and vanilla?
Jump to