Search Forum

What Scents Have You Pulled Out For Fall's Cooler Weather?

1 - 25 by 26
What Scents Have You Pulled Out For Fall's Cooler Weather? 10 years ago
Allure Magazine Digital came up with the "15 Best New Fall Fragrances".

www.allure.com/beauty-products/perfume/2013/be st-new-fall-fragrances?slide=1#slide=1

I'm sure everyone has their Fall favorites and now that the weather has cooled down, what has changed in your rotation of perfumes? What are some favorites that you have pulled out for the cooler weather?

My 15:

Avon Extraordinary
CK Obsession
Betsey Johnson
Tabu
EL Knowing
Habinita
Avon Perceive
Giorgio Red
Jessica Simpson Fancy Nights
Lolita Lempicka L
Paloma Picasso
Liz Claiborne Spark
Chloe Narcisse
Histoire d'Amour
Desirade
10 years ago
I guess I will wear "Minotaure" a few times, and maybe Divine's "L'homme Infini".
10 years ago
Paloma Picasso
Lolita Lempicka L
Rumba - vintage
Black Cashmere
Bandit - vintage
Les Mysteres - oil
Smoke & Mirrors - oil
Winter Woods
Tabac Aurea
Oro
Samsara - vintage
Cabochard - vintage
Badgley Mischka
Last edited by Cincy on 24.10.2013, 21:53; edited 1 time in total
10 years ago
Dlane1953:
Wow--do we ever smell GREAT!

This is true...

I like the idea of cooler weather and being able to rotate perfumes. Living with the four seasons (as I do) gives so much flexibility for me.
10 years ago
I have nothing to 'rotate', but I look forward to trying these ones:

Armani Privé Ambre Soie
Juliette has a Gun Lady Vengeance
Comme des Garçons Sequoia

Comments are welcome!
10 years ago
Apicius:
I guess I will wear "Minotaure" a few times, and maybe Divine's "L'homme Infini".

"Minotaure" is one of my absolute favorite scents on a Man! A friend of mine had this many many years ago and we used to jokingly get about 10+ people to just chase him around our house trying to sniff him at parties!
10 years ago
Lately, I am out of sorts, because I don't know what I am in the mood to wear when it's still sunny but chilly (denial of pending Winter, I'm not ready for spices yet... I am going to dig deep into my closet and try out Hermes "Hiris" and Lacoste "Pour Femme" again.
10 years ago
Good idea. If you don't know what to wear, spray on something that you don't wear often.

I've been wanting to try out Hiris. How fresh and/or interesting is its dry down?
10 years ago
I'm enjoying the change-over to fall. These scents are getting pulled out and worn lately:

Rocher's Voile d' Ambre

7 Billion Hearts
M. Micallef Patchouli
Midnight Bakula
Fan di Fendi Extreme
YSL Cinema
24 Gold Scent Story
10 years ago
I'm enjoying the cooler days immensely.
Pulled out of summer hiatus are:
31 Rue Cambon
Opium (vintage EdT)
and all my precious leather chypres! Ohhh the marvel and adoration!!
I think I'm going to wear Bandit tomorrow.
10 years ago
"Fille en Aiguilles"
"Chene"
"Cuir de Russie"
"Sycomore"
"Dzhari"
"34 Boulevard Saint Germain"
10 years ago
L'Artisan Parfumeur L'Eau d'Ambre
Frederic Malle En Passant
Jul et Mad Stilettos on Lex
10 years ago
Sleuth:
Good idea. If you don't know what to wear, spray on something that you don't wear often.

I've been wanting to try out Hiris. How fresh and/or interesting is its dry down?

Hiris is really quite fascinating! It is very strongly Carrot stew smelling to me for the first 30 minutes, then it becomes very just showered fresh and dries down powdery clean musk. It is strong and good sillage, the thing that I go back and forth on with it- while I am glad I got a FB, I know that I only need one to last my whole life- it's that overwhelming carrot top...some days it is interesting and other days I feel like I have the hot moist breath of a horse whose just enjoyed a bunch of carrots standing directly over me. It's worth try now (Northern Hemisphere), Southern Hemisphere friends- please wait until Fall! And if carrots, fresh soil and rooty earthy iris is generally unappealing- skip this one. As it definitely works better in cool weather Fall, Winter, Spring- Summer is definitely a NO-NO for this beauty.
10 years ago
I just tested a couple yesterday, I think are great seasonal change-overs:

1. Cristobal- Balenciaga
2. Cinema- YSL+1
3. Accenti-Gucci
10 years ago
"Theorema"

It's one of the few of my rich and spicy orientals that I find suffocating in warm weather, even when applied very lightly.
10 years ago
You know I always "think" that I wear anything at any time of year but I probably don't. I have been craving;

Andy Tauer's Incense Extreme

Hypnotic Poison

L T Piver Cedre

Santa Maria Novella Pot Pourri

and other woodsy, resinous, incensey or oudy things.
10 years ago
My favorite colder weather perfumes;

Bond No. 9 Success
Thierry Mugler Angel TOF
Givenchy Ange ou Demon
Molinard Vanille Marine
Prada Candy
10 years ago
Fragrances I couldn't even imagine wearing during the warmer seasons but have captivated me now that it's snowy:

"Coromandel"
"La Fin du Monde"
"Chergui"
"Jicky"

Nice lists, I will def be trying out some of your faves!
10 years ago
I pulled out my Shalimar Fourreau du Soir for the first time this year. Should've waited till Dec, 1, as I only wear this version of Shalimar in December and January, but the weather just suddenly took such a drastic turn for the worse that I couldn't cope without my furry friend anymore. Laughing
10 years ago
"avon tomorrow"
"avon mesmerize"
"ciara"
"spark"
"tabu"
"laughter nuit"
"montana just me"
"ysatis"
10 years ago
Just thinking about autum/winter warmer scents ( Because I am wearing perfumes for the state of mind and the color they can create for my day) I would start the list with Iris de Nuit by Heeley, Cuir Pleine Fleure by the same Heeley, Shalimar, L'Heure Bleue et Mitsouko, the Oyedo by Diptique and a less known scent Linden from the Library of Perfumes. They are all warm and "heavy" and of a deep yellow/rusty/violet color. At least this is how I see them.
10 years ago
A cool change is forecast for Xmas Day. Here ,downunder, that is a chance for me to wear Mon Parfum Cheri par Camille. I adore stewed plums, the big Black Doris variety are so fragrant. And the scent of Xmas mince pies won't clash with MPC too much, not for long anyway
10 years ago
"Patchouli"

I forgot I had this, it was stowed away in the back of a drawer, but my oh my, am I glad I found it again!

It's known for low sillage and longevity, however, I find that it's simply very subtle. Rather than demanding my attention, it surrounds me with a smooth and unobtrusive loveliness that lasts all day long.
Notify about new comments
Forum Overview Perfumes & Brands What Scents Have You Pulled Out For Fall's Cooler Weather?
1 - 25 by 26
Jump to