Search Forum

What's up with L'Artisan these days?

What's up with L'Artisan these days? 10 years ago
A friend just alerted me to a disturbing tendency. First L'Artisan had a huge sale on their site, then it turns out many upscale department stores are running out of their fragrances and not restocking, and finally at least one of the big wholesale suppliers to online retailers "stopped carrying the brand".

Does anyone know what's going on? Is there a mass reformulation in order, or maybe a corporation takeover, or are they just folding?
I'm in panic, I have so many of their frags on my wish list and even more that I haven't tried!
10 years ago
Things happen fastest in the Facebook these days
You can ask on their page:
www.facebook.com/pages/LArtisan-Parfumeur/1687 87479845980

A week ago, have announced a new line... ''Bertrand Duchaufour himself presents the 3 fragrances he has created for our new collection Explosions d'Emotions.''
www.artisanparfumeur.com/shop/collections/expl osions-d-motions/the-perfumer.html
Then - the 21st oct. - a new store in Bangkok...
who knows!?
10 years ago
I suppose I could write to them and ask them directly. Chances are they'll never tell the truth though, you know how Perfume Houses are!

I looked over their website and the new collection is there alright, but what's left of the old stuff isn't very convincing, half the fragrances are not there and some are marked "unavailable".

Also, a friend of mine tried to order some of their older perfumes directly from the website and got a letter from them where they said they couldn't fill her order "due to the many difficulties". According to the letter one particular perfume she had wanted was "all sold out during the recent big sale".

I get the feeling we'll soon hear about many discontinuations.
Re: What's up with L'Artisan these days? 10 years ago
ChapeauClack:
A friend just alerted me to a disturbing tendency. First L'Artisan had a huge sale on their site...

I just looked at L'Artisan's site and don't see such a sale, ChapeauClack. This "sale" might be regional to you since I am looking at the North American site.
10 years ago
ChapeauClack:

This never worried me since all the L'Artisan fragrances I tend to become attached to are limited editions. Once they're gone, they're really gone.
Sale? 10 years ago
Yeah, I'm from North America and don't see a sale either =/
10 years ago
Flaconneur:
ChapeauClack:

This never worried me since all the L'Artisan fragrances I tend to become attached to are limited editions. Once they're gone, they're really gone.

Bittersweet, isn't it. But good for you to be so rational about your fragrances.
As for the sale, that took place about two weeks ago on their main site, so it wasn't a regional thing. Right now on their French site they have only about a dozen fragrances available and apparently have trouble shipping even those. Doesn't look good...
10 years ago
WolfM:
Things happen fastest in the Facebook these days
You can ask on their page:
www.facebook.com/pages/LArtisan-Parfumeur/1687 87479845980

A week ago, have announced a new line... ''Bertrand Duchaufour himself presents the 3 fragrances he has created for our new collection Explosions d'Emotions.''
www.artisanparfumeur.com/shop/collections/expl osions-d-motions/the-perfumer.html
Then - the 21st oct. - a new store in Bangkok...
who knows!?

Ooooh, these new fragrances all sound very intriguing! Looking forward to testing those!
10 years ago
The new 3 sound amazing. I can't wait to try!
10 years ago
It will be a new package for fragrances, so, it was the reason of sales at this brand.Smile) no panic, please:))
Notify about new comments
Forum Overview Perfumes & Brands What's up with L'Artisan these days?
Jump to