Search Forum

Axe

Axe 10 years ago
10 years ago
Wow! Laughing
10 years ago
I guess that hasn't been reformulated! Laughing
10 years ago
Bawahahahahaha! you got it pegged Dalmajen.
10 years ago
10 years ago
Cincy:
A funny Axe article

www.slate.com/articles/double_x/doublex/2013/1 0/axe_men_s_body_spray_what_happens_when_a_wom an_wears_it_for_a_week.html

Love the article, Cincy! My favorite quotes:
-"I decided to handle this olfactory terrorism like a mature adult: several days of merciless teasing."

-"When I first told my husband that I was planning on wearing only Axe men’s products for an entire week, his answer was a foreshadowing of things to come: “You’re planning on wearing that stuff to bed every night for a week? Man. Axe really does work. It’s only been a few minutes and look, you’re already single again … ”
10 years ago
Grey, the last quote had me chuckling.
10 years ago
Dalmajen:
I guess that hasn't been reformulated! Laughing

Priceless.
10 years ago
Cincy:
A funny Axe article

www.slate.com/articles/double_x/doublex/2013/1 0/axe_men_s_body_spray_what_happens_when_a_wom an_wears_it_for_a_week.html

That article is hilarious. In Australia Axe body sprays are marketed under the name Lynx (we're a peaceful society...) and this teen phenomenon is all too familiar.
My Lynx-wearing sons are now 17 and 19 and I recently decided on an intervention. With the help of recommendations from Parfumo members in the forum (Fragrance Consulting - Teenage Boys) I have now managed to wean the lads off these noxious cans of fumes and onto grown up fragrances that come in glass bottles.
Some of these newly-acquired scents smell so nice that I'd wear them myself; however, after reading the article it seems that any mother/son perfume sharing experience would be so creepy and traumatic that they're likely to regress to some former childhood fragrance - in our case, that means Lynx! Hell, no!
10 years ago
Triffid, I hope you utilized "merciless teasing" to deal with your sons' Lynx addiction Wink

I wonder if there were fragrance trends/marketing for teen boys prior to the 1960's? I remember when Hai Karate was all the rage and every 12-14 year old was mimicking the commercials by throwing karate chops and kicks while screaming, "Hai Karate!" Geez, jr. high school boys Rolling Eyes

http://youtu.be/jtwh3nQP5Uo

Last edited by Greysolon on 07.11.2013, 18:51; edited 1 time in total
10 years ago
I find that last picture more than a little disturbing!
10 years ago
Mandom ....funny with Charles Bronson.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=XEqA84R0lYU
10 years ago
Cincy:
Mandom ....funny with Charles Bronson.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=XEqA84R0lYU

WOW! That is really painful to watch! First there's the fawning, hyperventilating doorman, "Hhheh, hheh, sleep tight, Mr. Bronson, hhheh, hheh, hhunh,". Then, Charles Bronson, movie icon, goes home without a date to an empty house and begins acting out a bizarre autoerotic scene involving Mandom cologne and gun play… shiver... That commercial would have even freaked out John Waters! Shocked
Last edited by Greysolon on 07.11.2013, 11:16; edited 2 times in total
10 years ago
For sure ..Greysolon

We should change the title of this thread to fragrance videos.

Post them if you find them. Very Happy
10 years ago
10 years ago
Cincy:
Marilyn Monroe

www.trendhunter.com/trends/chanel-perfume-vide o

I prefer this to last year's Brad. Marilyn had a beautiful voice. I think it was "inevitable" that Chanel would use the material for a new campaign... When I was trying some new stuff at a small perfumery last year before Christmas, two males entered the shop and asked "Could we try the new Chanel No. 5 for men, please?" The salesperson responded there was no such thing. But the two guys insisted they had seen Brad in an advert and wanted the "new Brad Pit Chanel-perfume!"
This was inevitable. Won't happen this year.
Re: Axe 10 years ago
Cincy:
on.aol.com/video/cloud-of-axe-body-spray-sends -students-to-the-hospital-517996743?hp=1&playl ist=127170&icid=maing-grid7%7Chtmlws-main-bb%7 Cdl28%7Csec1_lnk3%26pLid%3D400088

He must have done some serious spraying.

The poor people around him Laughing

Axe makes an unattractive person even more unattractive imo.
10 years ago
Gold:
Cincy:
Marilyn Monroe

www.trendhunter.com/trends/chanel-perfume-vide o

I prefer this to last year's Brad. Marilyn had a beautiful voice. I think it was "inevitable" that Chanel would use the material for a new campaign... When I was trying some new stuff at a small perfumery last year before Christmas, two males entered the shop and asked "Could we try the new Chanel No. 5 for men, please?" The salesperson responded there was no such thing. But the two guys insisted they had seen Brad in an advert and wanted the "new Brad Pit Chanel-perfume!"
This was inevitable. Won't happen this year.

Funny Smile
Re: Axe 10 years ago
Hayven:
Cincy:
on.aol.com/video/cloud-of-axe-body-spray-sends -students-to-the-hospital-517996743?hp=1&playl ist=127170&icid=maing-grid7%7Chtmlws-main-bb%7 Cdl28%7Csec1_lnk3%26pLid%3D400088

He must have done some serious spraying.

The poor people around him Laughing

Axe makes an unattractive person even more unattractive imo.

Hayven, look at this one. A fun video. I like, however I could live without the last SQUEAL.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=MszuCHn0k-A
Notify about new comments
Jump to