Search Forum

Can You Identify This Bottle?

Can You Identify This Bottle? 10 years ago
I recently acquired a few perfumes and this was in the lot. The gold-colored cap has a "C" on it, the glass cylindrical bottle is ribbed in a diamond pattern and about 4 inches tall, with the cap adding another 2" to the height. No label or other identifying marks.

Thanks for helping!
10 years ago
I am sorry to say I can't help you identify the fragrance. I hope someone will be able to help.
10 years ago
Thank you for Cincy for replying. I've smelled it before and it's so familiar, but I can't quite put my finger on it. It has to be from the 1970's to the early '90s.
10 years ago
I just ask for help on the German side from one of my friends over there.
10 years ago
Are you shure that the letter shows a "C"?
For me it's a "D", just turn the bottle.
But sorry, I cant help, I have never seen it before.

Greetz Smile
10 years ago
Thanks Hasi, I was sure you would say you had the bottle. Smile
10 years ago
I wish, I had Wink
10 years ago
Yep, you're right, could be a "D". Smells like Tabu to me, but I don't recognize the bottle. I was wondering if anyone had ever seen this particular one.
10 years ago
...but I'm very shure this is a "D" !

I write my D's this way
10 years ago
Ok, I just sprayed my newer Tabu on, and sprayed this on my other wrist. It has to be Tabu. But I can't find this bottle anywhere. I've googled, Bing'd, etc. It's definetely vintage, much richer. Thanks for the "D" Hasi! That clinched it! Now I just have to figure out how old this one is...
10 years ago
Do you think it could be Youth Dew?
10 years ago
10 years ago
Sorceress:
Yep, you're right, could be a "D". Smells like Tabu to me, but I don't recognize the bottle. I was wondering if anyone had ever seen this particular one.

This looks like the same bottle with a different cap:

m.ebay.com/itm/380760238613?nav=SEARCH&sbk=1
10 years ago
Dulcemio, I checked the bottle on Ebay. It's identical except for the cap. I even held it up to the picture and if the picture is true to size, my bottle would be almost identical in size. Just the cap is different, and yes Hasi, I'd have to agree with you, Embarassed it's a "D". Funny how people see things differently, huh? That's what makes all our reviews so interesting, tho, right?

So now my curiosity is piqued as to when they manufactured this bottle. Any ideas as to how to find that one out? I'll start researching it, but if anyone knows any links, please share. Thanks so much for the replies! What a great crew we have here at Parfumo!
10 years ago
Maybe it will help you a little bit, I found this on internet

The first fragrance of the house was Tabu, created by Jean Carles 1932. Jean Carles was well known for his wonderful creations made of unusual materials. Before creating Tabu, he was instructed to make a fragrance for a whore (‘un parfum de puta’). Thus, Tabu was created, sensual and shocking.

Its luscious oriental floral composition starts with fresh citrus and spicy notes. The spices in the heart accentuate the beauty of exuberant flowers: jasmine, narcissus, rose and ylang-ylang. Warm oriental base includes amber, resins, civet and precious woods – sandal and patchouli.
Notify about new comments
Forum Overview Perfume Discussions Can You Identify This Bottle?
Jump to