Search Forum

Decisions, decisions... this time it's about Mitsouko

Decisions, decisions... this time it's about Mitsouko 10 years ago
So I'm at it again. I still haven't bought that bottle of Bandit and I've been distracted by these two beauties in the pictures.
Unfortunately I can't date them since access to all the blogs with any info on that is restricted in my neck of the woods. But even if I could I'd still have no idea which is preferable (the parfum kinda tips the scale in favor of the set for me, but who knows???)

I'm counting on you, my pretties, to help me decide, as usual.
10 years ago
Dlane1953:
I'd buy the perfume version if I were you!

I'm with Diana1953. The perfume is Mitsouko at its best. I would also date the set back to the late 1980's/early 1990's.

Just had a discusion on Facebook about the "new" Mitsouko. Many people prefer it to the old pre-reformulation stuff. Lucky guys! I wish I could enjoy the Thierry-Wasser-version as much as the old formula. But I can't. Btw, some people claim that "Nahema" will be next on the list.
10 years ago
Well then, the set it is! Thank you, ladies!
I talked to the seller and she seems to be genuinely passionate about perfume. I still can't believe I stumbled upon this shop. It was quite serendipitous actually, I had just called off my order of Bandit and Cuir de Lancome that was already paid for but one of them turned out to be unavailable, and I was waiting for the money to make its way back to my account and browsing unsuspectingly when suddenly I saw this alibaba's cave of wonders!
I guess Bandit will have to wait until later. It's the new version anyway, hopefully not going anywhere for a while.

As for Mitsouko, all I ever tried so far is the new EdT from 2005 I think, and unfortunately I can't wear it at all. Maybe it was stored badly or it's just a bad batch, I heard there were a couple of extremely unfortunate batches in the recent years... Anyway, it has a huge oily note in it that gives me gag reflex big time, I can literally feel the oil in my throat. I feel so sad for that unloved bottle of mine...

I'll share my impressions of the older Mitsouko as soon as this baby is mine! Shouldn't take long since the seller is in the same city.
Last edited by ChapeauClack on 13.11.2013, 05:17; edited 2 times in total
10 years ago
Gold, you mean Nahema will get the Wasser treatment? UGH!!! Gee, don't you ever get a feeling that you're trying to catch something that's running away much faster than you can ever catch up? So frustrating! Evil or Very Mad
10 years ago
ChapeauClack:
Gold, you mean Nahema will get the Wasser treatment? UGH!!! Gee, don't you ever get a feeling that you're trying to catch something that's running away much faster than you can ever catch up? So frustrating! Evil or Very Mad

Dear ChapeauC,
yes, I heard some rumours. And of course I feel very frustrated, because I simply can't bring myself to love all these reformulated fragrances and many scents I really care for have been discontinued or given the "Wasser-watery"-treatment. It's sooo tellling the man is named "Wasser" = water in German. "Watering down" fragrances is his task, although I think he's not guilty, the poor chap. He can't help the stupid rules of the new "allergy-free" consumer game.
10 years ago
Gold:
It's sooo tellling the man is named "Wasser" = water in German. "Watering down" fragrances is his task, although I think he's not guilty, the poor chap.

Ahahaha I've been chuckling about that too, ever since I sampled enough of his creations. I can't bring myself to liking his style either, too much candy and all too watery for my tastes.

He does a lot of good though, what with the restoring of rose plantations in Bulgaria and giving people in Mysore jobs growing sandalwood etc. My theory is that maybe this is more important for Guerlain at the moment, after all JP Guerlain did choose Wasser to be his heir, he must have had good reason for that. Maybe a true visionary parfumeur worthy of the House will emerge later, when all this regrowing and giving back has been done by this man.

Still, Nahema is going to be a huge loss. Where ever am I going to find enough money to try everything I want before it's all ruined? Crying or Very sad
10 years ago
Gold:
It's sooo tellling the man is named "Wasser" = water in German. "Watering down" fragrances is his task, although I think he's not guilty, the poor chap.

Rolling On the Floor Laughing! Laughing
Notify about new comments
Forum Overview Perfumes & Brands Decisions, decisions... this time it's about Mitsouko
Jump to