Search Forum

The house of Amouage

The house of Amouage 10 years ago
I feel this house deserves its own thread!

I'm fairly new to the niche market, having only smelled designer brands in Sephora until 4 months ago. Since then, living in NYC has allowed me to sample so many wonderful fragrances, and Amouage is by far my favorite. Interlude Man, Memoir Man, Opus 3-7, Epic Man, Jub XXV Man, Honour Man are all outstanding, and together cover almost every occasion I can think of, from going out to a nice restaurant, to something for me to indulge in at home. The Attars are sadly out of reach in America, but the two I've smelt are wonderful (Homage and Tribute).

I have FB's of Interlude Man, Opus VI, and Beloved Man, and am obsessing over many others. Also looking at the "Woman's" line as possible future purchases. Not sure what could work, I tend towards masculine scents. However Memoir Woman is so good, and to me unisex. As of now, it's the only house that I want the vast majority of it's offerings. Certainly some disappointments, but no ones perfect. The cost sucks, but there are deals to be had if I'm patient.

People talk about their concern with the direction of this house, but outstanding new releases such as Opus VI (2012) and VII (2013), Fate Woman (2013), and Interlude Man/Woman (2012) I have nothing to fear. I'd love to hear others experience with Amouage, good and bad.

Also, if there is already a thread on this house, please let me know. Don't mean to start a new one, but my search of "Amouage" did not turn up it's own thread
Re: The house of Amouage 10 years ago
Rouj:
As of now, it's the only house that I want the vast majority of it's offerings. Certainly some disappointments, but no ones perfect. The cost sucks, but there are deals to be had if I'm patient.

I share your opinion and feel your pain.

I can tell you that if you buy from Fragrance.net they will stalk your visits and send you emails notifying you of sales on perfumes you check out on their site. I've saved a bundle off MiN prices on Amouage this way.
Cryptic:

I can tell you that if you buy from Fragrance.net they will stalk your visits and send you emails notifying you of sales on perfumes you check out on their site. I've saved a bundle off MiN prices on Amouage this way.

The three that I have (Interlude Man, Beloved Man, and Opus VI) I purchased from FN, outstanding deals there! Without them, I don't think that I would have been able to afford them quite yet. I search their site daily now for more deals, have to act fast to get them.

Which ones do you own Cryptic? How often do you wear them? I adore Opus VI, probably my favorite from the house, but haven't worn it much.
10 years ago
Take a look at my collection. I don't have any of the attars, but I do own a few from the regular line. I started out with the small sample collection from Aedes, and then as my problem worsened, I bought the mini set. Even that didn't satisfy the addiction, so on to bottles I went. I usually wait for my end-of-year bonus to pick them up so I can afford to eat throughout the year. Yes, I do wear them. My bottle of Epic Woman is almost empty at the moment.
Cryptic:
Rouj:
As of now, it's the only house that I want the vast majority of it's offerings. Certainly some disappointments, but no ones perfect. The cost sucks, but there are deals to be had if I'm patient.

I share your opinion and feel your pain.

Here's a handy fragrancenet.com tip: if you visit there in an incognito window (or from any computer new to them--meaning from which you've never placed an order), then a 20% promo pops up in a dialogue window. Just fill in your email address, and they send it to you. So, in effect, it's a 20% off perma-code.

Wink
10 years ago
Most of the offerings from the house are at least good, and many exceptional -- Dia Man, for example, is one of my three favorite compositions overall. My personal top 5 from the house are:

1)Dia Man
2)Tribute Attar
3)Hommage Attar
4)Jubilation XXV
5)Lyric Man
Notify about new comments
Forum Overview Perfumes & Brands The house of Amouage
Jump to