Search Forum

What's your ultimate pick-me-up perfume?

What's your ultimate pick-me-up perfume? 10 years ago
Some days the mornings are just too early and outside of the bed it's just too cold. Do you have any fragrances that help to instantly lift your spirits and energize you against the trials of the day?
Last edited by Sweetgrass on 18.11.2013, 15:28; edited 1 time in total
10 years ago
"Eau du Sud" by Annick Goutal has that effect on me. And coffee.
10 years ago
All my Neroli fragrances have this effect.
There is something about it that is joyous, energetic, sunny, and puts a spring in my step.
Very Happy

Jasmine also has a powerful effect on moods (check out clinical trials on it) but I find it mellower and more comforting.
Still, very good to inject some positive outlook during those grey winter days.
10 years ago
Epimedes:
"Eau du Sud" by Annick Goutal has that effect on me. And coffee.

Lol! I wonder if anyone has made a good coffee perfume... I will check out Goutal's line, coffee or not.

Dolby:
Jasmine also has a powerful effect on moods (check out clinical trials on it) but I find it mellower and more comforting.
Still, very good to inject some positive outlook during those grey winter days.

Oh, I had no idea and will definitely look up some! I love jasmine, even the radioactive GM strain of the "Alien" family, and wonder if this is the reason why I love those fragrances.

For me, Versace's "Versense" works really well. Not too crisp or sour, has some fig/wood complexity to it underneath the citrus, and lucky for me it is widely available and affordable Smile
10 years ago
Jo Malone's Lime Basil Mandarin
10 years ago
O de Lancome or VRAI by Fragonard.
Both are lemony chypres which I adore.
10 years ago
Alien Essence Absolue.. Very Happy
10 years ago
Tirrenico and Nubia Pink or Green.
Yesss, Alien - any form of Alien is good in the morning, and Womanity as well.

I am almost unable to wear in the morning fragrances with incense.
10 years ago
Lol, incense is either too heavy or puts me in a wholly different mood than a day of work would require. I love "Alien" and many of its flankers and wear "Alien Aqua Chic (2013)" most days but sometimes they are just too heady...
10 years ago
Dolby:
There is something about it that is joyous, energetic, sunny, and puts a spring in my step.
Very Happy

With all this November-tristesse, I now want a fabulous neroli-centred scent. Very Happy
Mimosa I also perceive as joyous and sunny, which is beautifully featured in "Hanbury".
Last edited by MiaTrost on 26.11.2013, 11:11; edited 1 time in total
10 years ago
MiaVonTrost:
Dolby:
Very Happy

With all this November-tristesse, I now want a fabulous neroli-centred scent. Very Happy
Mimosa I also perceive as joyous and sunny.

I am lucky to live in a country with over 900 species of Acacia (commonly called wattles). Where I live there is always at least one species in flower at any given time, though the Sydney Golden Wattle is the true harbinger of early spring. Funny, no one ever calls them Mimosa here.

Clarins "Eau Dynamisante" is my sure fire energy booster and seems to work regardless of the season or temperature.
10 years ago
MiaVonTrost:
Mimosa I also perceive as joyous and sunny.

Well of course, look at it!
Little bundles of sunshine.

Do you know that I can still very clearly smell the "Farnesiana" you sprayed on the RD card?!
Unreal.
Shocked
This stuff is delish, although I would put it in the same vibe as Jasmine when it comes to cuddle in a bottle as opposed to kick up the backside citruses offer.
xo
10 years ago
Hello everyone. Mine is Santa Maria Novella Acqua di Sicilia. A bright, uncomplicated citrus cologne, with a green streak, perhaps a little petitgrain and cypress? A big splash and whooooosh...... feeling good.
10 years ago
"Trèfle Pur" by Atelier Cologne
Four feel-good frags... 10 years ago
Looking at my windowsill this afternoon, I realized that the reason why these four bottles are completely drained is because I can wear them anytime and spray on with reckless abandon--they are all feel-good perfumes for me:
10 years ago
All of my perfumes would do this.
Re: Four feel-good frags... 10 years ago
Sherapop:
Looking at my windowsill this afternoon, I realized that the reason why these four bottles are completely drained is because I can wear them anytime and spray on with reckless abandon--they are all feel-good perfumes for me:

Oh dear I forgot Féerie! I have the edp, which is gorgeous. Just curious, is there any difference between the edt and edp or are they just that, different concentrations?
Re: Four feel-good frags... 10 years ago
Sweetgrass:
Sherapop:

Oh dear I forgot Féerie! I have the edp, which is gorgeous. Just curious, is there any difference between the edt and edp or are they just that, different concentrations?

Hello, Sweetgrass!

I have both the edp and the edt, which are very different. The edp is too sweet for me, but the edt works well.
Wink
10 years ago
Without a doubt, two that always make me feel good are
"Dolce & Gabbana Intense" and "Dior Addict". They always make me feel good.
10 years ago
For me it's Y YSL but if it's early in the morning then Eau du Sud or Noa are my habitual fix
Notify about new comments
Forum Overview Perfumes & Brands What's your ultimate pick-me-up perfume?
Jump to