Search Forum

Do you dare to don "Exceptional"?

1 - 25 by 33
Do you dare to don "Exceptional"? 12 years ago
Okay, this is a thread for all of those who have shopped at Fragrancenet.com and now have one or more samples (or even a volume sufficient to fill a bottle...) of

"Exceptional Because You Are"

or

"Exceptional Because You Are for Men"
Who is up for the challenge? Who will test this perfume with me?

Shocked
11 years ago
Hi, Sherapop-

I tried it a few weeks ago- honestly, it's not that bad.

On me, it was a generic, complex woody floral reminiscent of Sung by Alfred Sung. Decent staying power.

Have you tried it yet?
11 years ago
Got a sample sitting right here on my desk, Sherapop.
11 years ago
I keep throwing them out. I'm not up to the challenge!
11 years ago
Flaconneur:
Got a sample sitting right here on my desk, Sherapop.

Since we survived the end of the world, why don't we celebrate in January with an Exceptional sniff-off?

I'm sending out some packets to various people on December 26th, and will throw in some Exceptional samples. Cool
11 years ago
Hayven:

You can do it, Hayven! Join us in January. Hold on to one of them!
You do have another order from Fragrancenet on the way, don't you????

Cool
11 years ago
Sherapop:
Since we survived the end of the world, why don't we celebrate in January with an Exceptional sniff-off?

I'm sending out some packets to various people on December 26th, and will throw in some Exceptional samples. Cool

Bring it on, Sherapop!
11 years ago
Pansylady:
Hi, Sherapop-

I tried it a few weeks ago- honestly, it's not that bad.

On me, it was a generic, complex woody floral reminiscent of Sung by Alfred Sung. Decent staying power.

Have you tried it yet?

You are a brave woman, Pansylady. You'll serve as our inspiration come January!

Very Happy
11 years ago
I have already taken the challenge with the men's version, and can safely say the only thing "exceptional" about it was how bland and "unexceptional" it smelled. Terrible stuff, IMO.
11 years ago
Sherapop:
Hayven:

You can do it, Hayven! Join us in January. Hold on to one of them!
You do have another order from Fragrancenet on the way, don't you????

Cool

Oh, most likely. I GUESS I'll hold onto the sample.... Wink
11 years ago
It is generic and blend. Not too bad Wink
I would not mind a decant Cool
11 years ago
I've gotten samples of it twice. Its certainly not to my taste! I also consider it unexceptional lol (sent them to my sister, she won't know any better)
11 years ago
I have tested "Exceptional because You Are" - well, nothing to write home about. Very generic and boring - not for me.
The Prefix is Un 11 years ago
Un...exceptional. I played with the Fragrancenet sample for a couple of days. I live at the bottom of the world and never get jaded by samples.
11 years ago
I give my Exceptional samples to co-workers - not a scent that has "grabbed " me in anyway.
Presently awaiting 4 perfumes from Fragrance net right now. "Sira des Indes", Fleurs de Nuit, Balmain de Balmain, and Ma Griffe. I'm sure I'll get a comb or foot scrubber from Fragrancenet along with another "Exceptional" sample, ha.......
11 years ago
gotten 3 so far and probably will get another as I have an order in the mail.. Tried the first, a very blah floral to me.. I sell on ebay and threw the other two in as freebies to buyers
11 years ago
I guess I'm the only one that liked this scent. Confused I ended up smelling like bergamot all day. It was a classy scent, though I'm not crazy about the name or the name or the marketing campaign. My only real complaint is the lack of silage.
10 years ago
Haha this is a funny thread. Omg I'm embarrassed to say I've probably got like 12 of these samples. I don't have the heart to throw them away and I can't imagine throwing them in a swap. I have yet to try it, but the notes don't look like my thing.
10 years ago
The Exceptional.....for men isn't that bad. Smells like Love & Luck by Ed Hardy. I'd wear it on a hot day, but i would never actually purchase any. With so many fragrances out there i can't imagine anyone would actually PAY for a bottle of this.
10 years ago
Nothing Exceptional about those.

Straight to the Public Library, for someone else to find.
No 10 years ago
I got several samples from fragrancenet. I tried and the answer is no.
10 years ago
D: Smells like "Glade Spring Bouquet" or similar.
10 years ago
Cryptic:
D: Smells like "Glade Spring Bouquet" or similar.

Ouch.
10 years ago
I want someone to release one called Pleasant.

Now that would get respect. Smile
10 years ago
Dulcemio:
I want someone to release one called Pleasant.

Now that would get respect. Smile

Well, there is "Pretty" and its unfortunate flanker "Pretty Hot"!

Confused
Notify about new comments
Forum Overview Perfumes & Brands Do you dare to don "Exceptional"?
1 - 25 by 33
Jump to