Search Forum

Looking for the summer scent

Looking for the summer scent 12 years ago
Im still on the search for the ultime summer fragrance.
I want a fresh scent that smells like a summers day in a warm country like Italy. I love the smell of warm sand, trees and flowers in bloom. I dont like aquatic or white flower scents though.
Can you help me on my search?
12 years ago
Have you ever tried Vintage Dune to it smells like Dry Sand
if you want a more Accurate scent try
www.parfumo.com/Perfumes/CB_I_Hate_Perfume/At_ The_Beach_1966
"Kennst Du das Land, wo die Zitronen blühen?" 12 years ago
Longing for Italy?

This - by the way - very German mood has come to us from olden ages, and it was the German poet Johann Wolfgang von Goethe (1749 - 1832) who found a way to express this mood in his famous poem. Find a translation here: http://www.recmusic.org/lieder/get_text.html?T extId=6461

So, if it is Italy, it is lemons, bergamotte, oranges - and Italian perfumery has provided some of the most beautiful citric perfumes so far.

My favourite is Acqua di Parma's Colonia from 1916 - do not confuse it with their Colonia Intensa, Essenza, Assoluta or whatever - their later releases never ever achieved the beauty of this oldtimer. It is a great classy refreshment.
Re: "Kennst Du das Land, wo die Zitronen blühen?" 12 years ago
Apicius:
Longing for Italy?

This - by the way - very German mood has come to us from olden ages, and it was the German poet Johann Wolfgang von Goethe (1749 - 1832) who found a way to express this mood in his famous poem. Find a translation here: http://www.recmusic.org/lieder/get_text.html?T extId=6461

So, if it is Italy, it is lemons, bergamotte, oranges - and Italian perfumery has provided some of the most beautiful citric perfumes so far.

My favourite is Acqua di Parma's Colonia from 1916 - do not confuse it with their Colonia Intensa, Essenza, Assoluta or whatever - their later releases never ever achieved the beauty of this oldtimer. It is a great classy refreshment.

Thank you, that sound as a must try
12 years ago
Sorry to come up with something 'a bit special' (difficult to get etc.), but I am sooooooo in love with Sous le Vent (Guerlain). It does it all. Smile
12 years ago
Larimar:
Sorry to come up with something 'a bit special' (difficult to get etc.), but I am sooooooo in love with Sous le Vent (Guerlain). It does it all. Smile

May be I can find a sample Smile . Thank you Larimar
12 years ago
Delphine, do you have a Guerlain Boutique nearby?
12 years ago
I was also rather smitten by Goutal's Hadrien Absolu... if there was no Sous le Vent.
12 years ago
Larimar:
Delphine, do you have a Guerlain Boutique nearby?

No I havent Sad
12 years ago
Try the Carthusia line Smile
Re: a great choice for summer 12 years ago
Dlane1953:
Check out 1881 Cerrutti Collection (look for the fragrance with the RED cap and bottle). This is made in Italy and it really does smell like the country. Don't confuse this one with the other Cerruti scents; different colored bottles signify different scents.

Thanks Diane but I think this isnt avvailible anymore in the Netherlands, but i look for it
12 years ago
Guusje:

Great suggestion thxs schatteke Razz
12 years ago
Delphine67:
Guusje:

Great suggestion thxs schatteke Razz
Re: a great choice for summer 12 years ago
Delphine67:
Dlane1953:
Check out 1881 Cerrutti Collection (look for the fragrance with the RED cap and bottle). This is made in Italy and it really does smell like the country. Don't confuse this one with the other Cerruti scents; different colored bottles signify different scents.

Thanks Diane but I think this isnt avvailible anymore in the Netherlands, but i look for it

Diane I have sampled this scent, I liked the topnotes but the dry down I totaly disliked. I dont know wich note it whas but it made me a bit feel lime my stomach turned
Notify about new comments
Forum Overview Perfume Recommendations Looking for the summer scent
Jump to