Search Forum

My Dilemma - stock up on frags for office wear?

My Dilemma - stock up on frags for office wear? 10 years ago
When I look at my ever growing collection of decants and bottles, I feel that my tastes are evolving from more ethereal and light (Ellena et al) to the heavier, sweeter, smokier, butcher, whatever - less wearable ones.
If I want to classify my current collection into 'appropriate for office wear' and 'not appropriate for office wear' under the condition that my office is currently in China, where wearing perfume is not so popular yet, I end up with a lot of beloved scents seem not so appropriate for office use. And that's a problem indeed, as I spend most of my time in the office. During the week I normally don't go out. And if so, I won't change my scent but just keep wearing my SOTD.
So, lot of my jewels rarely get the opportunity to be worn which is a real shame. I try to make more scents appropriate for office use by just applying very sparingly. But thats does not seem possible in all cases. For some heavy frags one spray is already strong.
Should I buy lighter frags in future even though they may have less appeal? And I think my collection is pretty big already, I don't want to buy that many fragrances any more but rather use my current collection. Do any of you experience similar situation? How do you deal with it?
10 years ago
DieNase, I work in healthcare and I am not supposed to wear fragrances at all. It makes it difficult to get through all this perfume. I have resorted to no perfume for work and using perfume while at home. I find nothing wrong with indulging in perfume while sitting at home eating dinner or watching a DVD. I don't go out during the week either, or on the weekends much for that matter.
10 years ago
Sure, I also spray stuff on at home for y own pleasure. But would be nice to also be able ro wear them out.
10 years ago
I think your question contains the answer. If you have office-appropriate fragrances in your collection, just wear them. If you need new fragrances for office, buy them! I trust that your living situation will change at some point (few of us stay put for all eternity) and you will get the chance to wear your heavier favourites without a care. Better be armed with a comprehensive perfume wardrobe because you never know what the future will bring Smile
Notify about new comments
Forum Overview Perfumes & Brands My Dilemma - stock up on frags for office wear?
Jump to