Search Forum

Frags so good you can't find an occasion to wear them?

26 - 33 by 33
11 years ago
Dlane1953:
Flavorite:
I seem to having this problem with "Inedite by Lubin". I stalked it for a year before getting it, Love the bottle so much and now I find it is so strong and rich (One single spray on a cotton paper has audibly fragranced my whole clothes closet for 3 weeks!) that I don't feel in the mood to project this level of elegance for the dogs, the bank-teller or the grocery cashier. Maybe I just realized...I need a more exciting social calendar and it's not Lubin's fault at all!

Funny! I know the feeling. But now I have a new guiding principle when it comes to fragrances; He or she who dies with the greatest number of partial bottles loses--Use 'em up! Appreciate beauty even if it's only in the privacy of your home.

So true...life is too short not to enjoy what we've got!
11 years ago
For me there is no such "special" fragrance that I would dare to wear only for very chosen occasions.
I wear my most precious, my most beloved and my most exotic scents in the office, during daytime, for theater, for travelling, for window-shopping....and as somebody else rightfully stated here : It is a feeling of pampering oneself with a luxury every day.

I do not want to sound somber but maybe there is no tomorrow and what shame would it be not to have worn one of those really wonderful scents you love ?

Besides, I am a bit afraid my scents will turn bad after a few years so what´s the use of just looking at them ? I do not buy strawberries for a look - they are meant to be eaten while they are fresh and gorgeous ! Smile

Just my few scents on this issue Smile Enjoy !
Respecting a perfume vs. actually wearing it 10 years ago
Somehow this article of Elena Vosnaki (PerfumeShrine) fits the format of this discussion.

perfumeshrine.blogspot.com/2013/12/respecting- perfume-vs-actually-wearing.html?utm_source=fe edburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+ PerfumeShrine+(Perfume+Shrine)

You can comment on her article - within the link - or here at Parfumo.
10 years ago
All good points, all good views. We collect, we store diligently. We protect our investments. We worship them. We wear them as we see fit. But then, as they are amassed, we notice there are some that don't get the attention they might deserve. Should they be passed on to someone that might give them more love and attention? To someone that might enjoy them more? But if we wear them, we too would enjoy them just as much as that person. If we would only wear them. That's the problem, we have so many, and there is just so little time. We continue to amass more, to seek more. I do believe we love them as much as the next person, and I know I have placed mine into categories of wear for which I mostly use appropriately. I love them all. And I do appreciate them all for what they have contributed to my happiness.
10 years ago
I wear "Cuir de Russie" to the supermarket and "Fantasy" to board meetings so I am not selective about occasion. I go with what I want to smell that day. It's all about me! Lol. And my perfumes are there to be used. I would sob to find a perfume had gone off when there was still heaps of it left in the bottle.
10 years ago
Ever so often I discover the next "Holy Grail" fragrance ... and then go for full bottle. Mentioning "Safanad" and "La Route d'Emeraude", and both are too good to wear as an every day fragrance. So the bottles stay there, fairly full.

Next goal: "Anima Dulcis" by Arquiste. But I went only for a decant from The Perfumed Court. The value/price ratio is bad, too much money for a 5 ml roll on, but if I went for full bottle at $165. plus shipping, then - again - I will have a precious bottle standing there ... for occasional use.

But, like Sorceress said before, I appreciate them all.

It is just the fact that constantly more, and more, scents are tempting.

Like, "Shem-el-Nessim" by Grossmith. Parfumo is full of temptations.
Re: Respecting a perfume vs. actually wearing it 10 years ago
Pipette:
Somehow this article of Elena Vosnaki (PerfumeShrine) fits the format of this discussion.

perfumeshrine.blogspot.com/2013/12/respecting- perfume-vs-actually-wearing.html?utm_source=fe edburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+ PerfumeShrine+(Perfume+Shrine)

You can comment on her article - within the link - or here at Parfumo.

That´s so funny, ´cos it was exactly "Coco" EdP that I sold while ago as I never wore it, but I do admire it, a lot ! Yet, it was not "me", and then again, I have no trouble wearing "Nahéma" when at home in pyjamas.
I do not look for special occasions anymore to wear my favourites - of course, I would not wear some heavy orientals when going to a doctor either - because I rather think nowadays, that they deserve to be worn as often as possible, would be such a pity if they got bad ´cos I would "save" them for too long for that special occasion which might never come...
Notify about new comments
Forum Overview Perfumes & Brands Frags so good you can't find an occasion to wear them?
26 - 33 by 33
Jump to