Search Forum

Coffee notes in perfume

Coffee notes in perfume 10 years ago
Can it be done? I think I could use one as polar night will drag on for a few more weeks. What are your favourites? Or just test-worthy examples? I don't know many perfumes with discernible coffee notes -- they claim "Amor Amor Forbidden Kiss" would contain them, but altogether it was much too sweet for me. Thanks!
10 years ago
When I sampled "L'Or de Torrente" I perceived a coffee note midway through the arc. It didn't last very long, though.

I also get coffee in the heart of Parfumerie Générale "Cozé No.02", but there's a lot more than coffee going on there. I have a good sized decant of that one -- it's so lovely in winter!
10 years ago
Hilde Soliani Profumi may be the brand to satisfy your craving. Smile Signora Soliani did quite a few scents with coffee, if I remember correctly, especially "Teatro Olfattivo Di Parma: Bell'Antonio" received some attention. Other than that, "04°N 74°W" is a lovely powdery gardenia, fused with a subtle coffee note into a sophisticated gourmand.
Last edited by MiaTrost on 02.01.2014, 13:24; edited 1 time in total
10 years ago
Aaahhh, thank you both, I love adding new perfumes to my sampling list Smile
10 years ago
"Asmar" by SoOud

Sugared cappucchino with amber. Smile
10 years ago
Bond No 9's I Love New York for All, Bond No 9's New Haarlem, and Comptoir Sud Pacifique's Vanilla Mokha come to mind. They might be too sweet for you though, not sure.
10 years ago
SystemeD:
When I sampled "L'Or de Torrente" I perceived a coffee note midway through the arc. It didn't last very long, though.

I will second this impression. It quickly became a strong rose/strong maple syrup affair to me and I grew to dislike it. However, I did get compliments.
10 years ago
If you don't mind wearing a gent's cologne, then "A*Men / Angel Men" has a very distinct coffee note.

There are two distinct unisex coffee perfumes from Neil Morris: "Café" and "Izmir"

Café is very gourmand, with chocolate and vanilla notes. It is nice but IMHO it lacks a certain oomph (like the indolic jasmine note which makes A*Men so attractive!)

But Izmir is remarkable. It combines a strong coffee with a heady hippie style patchouly note. The focus is much more on this combo than it is in A*Men which also containes both notes.
10 years ago
Noa by Cacharel has it, in the dry down, somewhere from between the bosom, or the heat of a chest, it does appear. I'm not imagining it, although I thought I was until other reviews confirmed it. Hmm, today should be a Noa day
10 years ago
Thank you all for your recommendations, and please keep them coming! Very Happy I have been meaning to test "Noa", but now I have to Smile

I thought I'd add for the benefit of others looking for coffee that Montale's "Intense Cafe" has a prominent coffee note indeed, but for me it is drowned out by the rose which I found screechy and nasty in the drydown. If you love rose, try it. If you hate rose, well, sample first.
10 years ago
This is a special treat: Ambre Nue, since it has coffee scent, if you spray once, wait 1-2 hours, and spray again, then it is a real, earthy black cofee.

Versilia Vintage - Ambra Mediterranea - this is for my nose totally a Pocket Coffee from Ferrero Very Happy
10 years ago
Eau de navigateur is my favourite coffee. Green and woody with some coffee beans.
10 years ago
Tar:
This is a special treat: Ambre Nue, since it has coffee scent, if you spray once, wait 1-2 hours, and spray again, then it is a real, earthy black cofee.

Versilia Vintage - Ambra Mediterranea - this is for my nose totally a Pocket Coffee from Ferrero Very Happy

Thanks! I have a sample of "Ambre Nue" somewhere, unfortunately just splash :/ I will need to check out Ambra Mediterranea too.

Hadrien:
Eau de navigateur is my favourite coffee. Green and woody with some coffee beans.

L'Artisan? Another one to my list Smile

A short breakdown of the purported coffees I have tried since starting this thread:

Cacharel "Noa" is cute but so clean it didn't really do anything for me, but I have a mini for when the moment calls for that kind of thing. PG "Cozé No.02" was really dense and to my nose it had the texture of a burp, plus there really is a cannabis note in it which I do not fancy. Plenty of stuff I have yet to peruse though! Thanks all for your recommendations Smile
Notify about new comments
Forum Overview Perfume Recommendations Coffee notes in perfume
Jump to