Search Forum

Wal-Mart for Higher-End Perfumes? Who Knew?

Wal-Mart for Higher-End Perfumes? Who Knew? 10 years ago
I happened to be perusing Wal-Mart online out of curiosity to see what perfumes they had on site. Lo and behold, I see Madonna's two offerings at half-price. Ok, I decide to go from "High" to "Low" to see what else they might have. Tom Ford, Jo Malone, Bond No. 9, Creed, Guerlain, Library Opus I, Boadicea The Victorious, Tom Ford, Christian Dior, 1000, well, the list is exhaustive. They even had sample vials for sale. So much for exclusivity. Now folks can shop at Wal-Mart for prestige fragrances. Imagine that.
"Your perfume smells so beautiful. What is it?"
"It's Jicky by Guerlain."
"It smells so expensive! Where did you get it? I'm sure I can't afford it..."
"Oh...I got it at Wal-Mart".....
Lol....so in effect, is even Jicky demoted to a "drugstore" perfume now? (albeit a very expensive one?) Not so exclusive anymore...
www.walmart.com/search/search-ng.do?search_que ry=jicky&ic=16_0&Find=Find&search_constraint=0
Laughing
10 years ago
Laughing Can't believe it!Who would have guessed!
10 years ago
But a lot of their prices aren't exactly discounted. It always pays to comparison shop. Wink
10 years ago
No, they're not at all. The prices for sample vials are ridiculous. I just was surprised to see the names I saw for sale at Wal Mart, seeing how so many use the term "drugstore" or "discount" retailers as a place where their perfumes would never be displayed, purchased, etc. There used to be an allure to high-end perfumes for a reason. Most of us know all the jokes about shopping at WM. It seemed to burst the allusion, that's all. And I say this tongue-in-cheek. It made me laugh.
10 years ago
I think Walmart has turned their online store into a third party seller joint like Amazon and Sears. Like they sell online "retail space" on their site, if that makes any sense. I dunno, if I'm shopping at Walmart, chances are I'm trying to find a bargain or pay less for something and I won't be getting a Bond no. 9 through their site!
10 years ago
Hayven:
I think Walmart has turned their online store into a third party seller joint like Amazon and Sears. Like they sell online "retail space" on their site, if that makes any sense. I dunno, if I'm shopping at Walmart, chances are I'm trying to find a bargain or pay less for something and I won't be getting a Bond no. 9 through their site!

Laughing Right? I'd have to lie about where I got it! Very Happy

Yeah, they're just following in Sears' footsteps.

Kidding aside, if I found a great price at Walmart, I'd brag about it.
10 years ago
They've been doing that for some time, apparently, with quite a few departments. I just never checked the perfumes. I never knew about Sears, tho. And sometimes, if a customer returns it, then the product goes into the store's inventory, instead. I've seen Fendi and some other perfumes that I didn't expect in my Walmart on the shelves. Not saying the prices were great, but there was a package sitting there. The manager told me if a customer orders a product online, then returns it to the store, there it goes on the shelf, and they're stuck with it. It's rare, but it happens. My WM also has Red Door now, along with some other perfumes in the $30 to $50 price range with testers, too.
10 years ago
Walgreens and Drugstore/Beauty.com have lots of high end merchandise too. I was looking for a fragrance recently and Walmart came up but it wasn't available. I was surprised to see that Walmart was even an option.
10 years ago
You're right about Walgreens. CVS, too. Both have enclosed cases stocked full with perfumes that range to just under the hundred dollar price point. Guess there's no need to shop the mall anymore for some people if they don't go online. Even drugstores have sales, too.
Notify about new comments
Forum Overview Perfumes & Brands Wal-Mart for Higher-End Perfumes? Who Knew?
Jump to