Search Forum

I Must Have It!!

26 - 50 by 59
11 years ago
Flavorite:
Le Labo Musc 25 has just about given me a nervous breakdown! I've gone through4 samples, but I just can't justify the ridiculous price of a full bottle...outrageous and too exclusive! Yet it won't let me sleep at night and I am buying all sorts of other substitute fragrances that are not cutting it, and by now probably almost total the amount of a full bottle of Musc 25...it is very vexing, indeed. It's a loosing battle I know, I should just admit defeat now and sign my contract with the devil...

Twisted Evil
11 years ago
Yep! Been there ... done that. Believe me I understand your thinking.
11 years ago
Congrats Flavor for finally taking the route of least resistance. You'll feel better soon.
I'm being Haunted 11 years ago
I had heard so many positive things about this fragrance but I never felt the impulse to rush out and try it. While out yesterday, I stopped at Nordstoms and tried the beautiful L'Ambre des Merveilles by Hermes. I have been completely swept off my feet! I brought home two samples but I just can't get it off my mind. I'm going to hold out though, I don't NEED anything at the moment.

The bottle is pretty too.
11 years ago
Dlane1953:
Yes, it's beautiful, DiginDirt. I bought it for myself as a Christmas gift last year..I'm so greedy.

I read your review. I'm thinking about taking a 3 day trip down to Tyson's Corner for my long weekend! Laughing Who knows what I'll find??????
Re: I'm being Haunted 11 years ago
Digindirt:
I had heard so many positive things about this fragrance but I never felt the impulse to rush out and try it. While out yesterday, I stopped at Nordstoms and tried the beautiful L'Ambre des Merveilles by Hermes. I have been completely swept off my feet! I brought home two samples but I just can't get it off my mind. I'm going to hold out though, I don't NEED anything at the moment.

Like Dlane1953, I got a bottle of this lovely perfume last Christmas. No guilt here, though...

Razz
Sherapop:
Digindirt:

Like Dlane1953, I got a bottle of this lovely perfume last Christmas. No guilt here, though...

Razz

This sounds like some sort of laid back enabling to me. Thank You!
Digindirt:
Sherapop:
Digindirt:

Razz

This sounds like some sort of laid back enabling to me. Thank You!

My pleasure. Carpe Diem!

Very Happy
11 years ago
Digindirt:
Congrats Flavor for finally taking the route of least resistance. You'll feel better soon.

Yep. I went for the mini bottle- which was ridiculously priced, as well. I do feel better. Poor but happy. It put a stopper in my unquenchable hunt for almost a whole week...until I accidentally sprayed my Jo Malone's Lime Basil Mandarin sample on myself and here-we-go-again!
11 years ago
There are a few that I'd like to try. But I live in an area that doesn't have a good selection where I can try testers. I'd like to try
1. United Scents Of America
2. I'd like to at least smell some of the scents from the House of Guerlain besides Shalimar and Initial.
3. Smell Bent
4. Diptyque- I was lucky enough to find Volutes and it's heavenly. But to able to inhale more of theirs would be delightful.

Oh to dream....
11 years ago
"La Route d'Emeraude" by Isabey was taunting, "buy me, buy me". I did acquire it and am cherishing it. After the initial joy of opening the package and appreciating the scent, it is now one of many. Precious, yes.
10 years ago
Villoresi Teint de Neige
10 years ago
Joop Le Bain. I get some kind of fruit note and I typically dislike fruit in fragrance but this one is very smooth similar to Yves Rocher Voile d' Ambre
10 years ago
Tauer..Une Rose Chypree..I'm becoming obsessed..again. Shocked
10 years ago
Dlane1953:
Fiore d'Ambra by Profumo Roma. The softest, sexiest amber I've ever sampled.
Thanks Diane! Now you've got the old wheels turning in my head now!! I love amber too! Maybe it's just as well we don't have Nordstroms in this country! Wink
10 years ago
...what a world, what a life - I'm in love.... Smile

Do you wanna marry me ? Smile

"Oud Imperial" by Perris Monte Carlo

Divine, it is THE OUD that I have unconsciously been looking for. This what the Arabian Oud boutique smelled like on the Champs Elysees in Paris when I walked by and got a wonderful whiff of their smoldering oud that they burn to impress passers-by.
Since then I had that aroma in mind.
One oud came pretty close : "Oud Royal" by Armani but there were so many spices in there and it was a bit too strong for me, I ended up with headaches even though I loved the juice.

Now : Wearing the sample today. No headaches, just pure pleasure.
10 years ago
Nothing fancy but Khloe and Lamar "Unbreakable Joy". I've bought their other two and really enjoyed wearing them and the reviews on this one are really good for wearing it in the wintertime. But I can't find it anywhere yet. May have to break down and order it from Ebay.
10 years ago
A decant of "Les Nombres d'Or - Vanille" by Mona di Orio is on the way. I heard so much praise about it.

Must sniff. Then we will see which has more pull, "buy me, buy me" either the "Anima Dulcis" by Arquiste or the Vanilla scent.

I don't mind spending money on something really, really good.
10 years ago
They both sound lovely, Pipette! Where are you ordering the decant from?
10 years ago
www.ThePerfumedCourt.com

A good source for me, as I live in the U.S.A.

For Europeans, maybe a sample from AusLiebezumDuft is an idea, their spray samples are of a generous size.

www.ausliebezumduft.de/mona-di-orio-les-nombre s-d-or-vanille.html

Her own website also has various offers, travel sets, roll-ons, discovery sets. I only wanted to try Vanille, hence The Perfumed Court was a good option. But have look, the sets are really tempting:

www.monadiorio.com/online-shop/perfumes

There were so many threads re: Vanilla and after I tried "Tihota" and was excited but not buying, the next Vanilla will get examined. The walk to the Holy Grail ... oh well.
10 years ago
Thanks! I will go on afterwards, and have a look! At the moment, I'm purchasing a 30ml. decant of the beautiful Armani Prive Rose D' Arabie. The full bottle is a bit steep, so will be quite happy with 30 ml. I really must have it!! Laughing
26 - 50 by 59
Notify about new comments
Jump to