Search Forum

do you know this bottle?

do you know this bottle? 10 years ago
I found this at an estate sale.. It is a small splash bottle about 4 inches tall, the glass and metal are thick and heavy. It looks similiar but not quite like the bottles by Boadicea the Victorious to me. The scent is a light unisex, kind of aquatic.

10 years ago
Are there any markings on the bottle, for example, a name or number cast into the glass at the bottom? I know nothing about perfume bottle designs but I'm wondering if this is a stand alone bottle design, intended for use as a decorative item into which one would decant a favourite perfume for carrying in a purse etc. It doesn't look like it can stand unsupported?
10 years ago
It definitely looks like a stand-alone bottle rather than a specific brand's design for a specific fragrance to me. It's certainly unique with the elephants and everything, such a shame there wasn't any info on what perfume it contains!
10 years ago
www.pinterest.com/pin/72339137738208109/
Check this out don't know it though
10 years ago
I believe it is a perfume bottle made by Jonette Jewelry Co. They were best known for making pewter pins of animals, mostly cats and dogs. I had a cat pin years ago. I researched this company many years ago, when searching for sterling silver charms for my bracelet.

The bottle probably is made with pewter.
Thanks! 10 years ago
Cool! Thanks much for your research.. I have lots of JJ brooches, had no idea that they made bottles.. So just switching the bottle from one collection to the other haha.. just fyi - the bottle stands just fine and there is only the number 3 on the bottom. THANKS AGAIN!
10 years ago
Rachel:
www.pinterest.com/pin/72339137738208109/
Check this out don't know it though

My favorite part of that listing: "Vintage item from the 1980's"

Laughing 1980's!!!
Notify about new comments
Forum Overview Perfume Discussions do you know this bottle?
Jump to