Search Forum

Keiko Mecheri ~ recommendations

Keiko Mecheri ~ recommendations 10 years ago
Do you have a favorite Keiko Mecheri scent? If so, which one and why? I'm about to order some samples and I was wondering which would be good to try. Thanks!
10 years ago
Like anything, much depends on your own personal taste.

My own favorite KM is "Umè" which is a fruity, plummy chypre. I wear it regularly in autumn and early winter.

I also own and love "Scarlett", and wear it often in summer, but I may be in the minority on that one.

I can also recommend "Mogador", a lovely blend of rose notes, "Genie des Bois", a woody violet, and "Cuir Cordoba", an iris/suede/benzoin fragrance that closely resembles Serge Lutens' Daim Blond.

I have owned bottles of all three of these last at some point, and I need to restock all three, but most especially "Cuir Cordoba"!

Oh, I just remembered. If you are a fan of sweet gourmands, try "Loukhoum". I am not a fan, but there are some who go crazy for this almond/rose/honey scent.
10 years ago
Thank you for those suggestions SystemeD. I, too, am curious about this line (especially the rose based perfumes) but have not ordered samples yet for two reasons:
-this house doesn't appear to be readily available in my country (meaning pricey postage for a bottle from O/S) and
-I often see reviews describing the perfumes as "quiet" or "polite in volume" which doesn't excite me, given niche prices.
Do any of the above have reasonable sillage/longevity?
10 years ago
Thank you for the recommendations SystemeD. I may pass on the Loukhoum, but the others sound worthy of a test run for sure, especially Ume!
10 years ago
Valandria,you could also check the recommendations in the link below. I's a previous discussion in Forum/Fragrance Consulting/Which Montale - Keiko Mercheri for me?
www.parfumo.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=783

Canyon Dreams, Osmanthus and Hanae are also suggested by responders but it depends on your tastes. Might be worth reading.
Notify about new comments
Forum Overview Perfumes & Brands Keiko Mecheri ~ recommendations
Jump to