Search Forum

Is it time to stock up?

Is it time to stock up? 10 years ago
With the impending sharpening of EU and/or IFRA Restrictions, is it advisable to start stocking up?

I have some very good perfumes that fall under the current regulations. Who knows what the future will bring and how fast good merchandise can be turned out after severe restrictions go into effect.

What are your favorites and do you intend to stock up. Or, realistically, do you already have a wardrobe to last for the rest of your days.
Re: Is it time to stock up? 10 years ago
Pipette:
With the impending sharpening of EU and/or IFRA Restrictions, is it advisable to start stocking up?

I have some very good perfumes that fall under the current regulations. Who knows what the future will bring and how fast good merchandise can be turned out after severe restrictions go into effect.

What are your favorites and do you intend to stock up. Or, realistically, do you already have a wardrobe to last for the rest of your days.
I would have to find out just which perfumes of mine actually fall under these regulations. I hope Tauer fragrances aren't included in this). I don't have a large collection, but who knows how long the rest of our days are! Wink
Dalmajen:
I would have to find out just which perfumes of mine actually fall under these regulations. I hope Tauer fragrances aren't included in this.

I am sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but Tauer fragrances will be affected. Don't shot the messenger. If you prefer your perfumes to include more than a mere trace of rose or jasmine, geranium, cinnamon, coumarin, citruses ... you'd better be prepared to say farewell. Crying or Very sad
I compiled a list of ingredients that are to be restricted or banned. You can find it here.
MiaVonTrost:
Dalmajen:
I would have to find out just which perfumes of mine actually fall under these regulations. I hope Tauer fragrances aren't included in this.

I am sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but Tauer fragrances will be affected. Don't shot the messenger. If you prefer your perfumes to include more than a mere trace of rose or jasmine, geranium, cinnamon, coumarin, citruses ... you'd better be prepared to say farewell. Crying or Very sad
I compiled a list of ingredients that are to be restricted or banned. You can find it here.

Thank you Mia, those are some of my favourites Shocked
10 years ago
Oh dear, I shall have to check the list - I did know about the Tauers though. I find it hard to spend money doubling up on things I already own when there are plenty of new things on my wish list. That's probably what everyone said back in the 80's before the first wave of restrictions, and now we're all kicking ourselves for not hoarding these 'collectibles".
10 years ago
Well, we are just saddled with the task to constantly compare what is the early version of something and what is the umptieth reformulation.

For example, today I ordered "La Perla" and made sure that the bottle is shaped like a boat, and not the version where they say, "new packaging".

With more and more changes (reformulations) coming, the consumer has to do the picking.

Interesting times ahead. I am looking at my copious stash and am relaxing.

It is probably more a "matter of principle" with the idea to "preserve works of art" than a practical matter.
10 years ago
If the restrictions are going to be that bad then I guess I've got enough for my life time anyway. I think I will sniff the new releases at the best counter I can find and grumble 'In my day we had real perfume' in the most curmudgeonly tone possible
10 years ago
I'm now more seriously contemplating whether to stock up on a few favourites that I already own. Ironically, these are already some type of reformulation - who would have thought they'd be scrambling to stockpile 21st century 'vintage'?
Unlike many here, I don't have a big collection and many of my bottles are only 50ml size, some even less. With less choice, and being a bit trigger happy, I can't see my current stash lasting more than a few years.
10 years ago
Hard decision isn't it? Having so many different, I know I'll never truly be "out" of perfumes, but I think ahead to what sellers will do to the pricing of my favorite perfumes, my few so-called "signatures". I think I'll purchase just those now. Just one of each, and it's only a handful.
10 years ago
I think I will stock up a few fragrances which I would like to stick with me for some more years - unchanged.

My stock-up candidates are :
Knowing
Azuree
Aromatics Elixir
Dioressence (the current one but I am not sure if it now contains any of the substances concerned)
10 years ago
Im always stocking what i do love... but sometimes love becomes hate and then i have a lot of hate stocked lol.
10 years ago
I have ordered another bottle of Apres L'Ondee. As we know the parfum was discontinued and there is only EDT in the marketplace. I think it will be discontinued too. One wonders if the resurgence of interest in antique perfumes (such as Oriza L Legrand) will keep ALO from the firing line.
10 years ago
Omni:
I have ordered another bottle of Apres L'Ondee. As we know the parfum was discontinued and there is only EDT in the marketplace. I think it will be discontinued too. One wonders if the resurgence of interest in antique perfumes (such as Oriza L Legrand) will keep ALO from the firing line.

One would hope so Omni, or else it may arouse interest in the "oldies" and thereby hasten consumption of any available, discontinued stock!
10 years ago
Well, it is like antiques on auctions - grab it when you can.

I only stocked up on one - "Montaigne" by Caron.
10 years ago
This is a timely reminder that I should probably stock up on some favourites, seeing as they were limited editions to begin with and regulations aren't going to help with availability.
Notify about new comments
Forum Overview Perfumes & Brands Is it time to stock up?
Jump to