Search Forum

Your Perfume - How about a refill?

Your Perfume - How about a refill? 10 years ago
Kafka writes about the Thierry Mugler brand refill system.

www.kafkaesqueblog.com/2014/03/24/a-bit-of-fun -with-the-wall-street-journal/

From a manufacturer's point of view:

Do you think that this is a good idea? Would that make you buy a perfume sooner if you could replenish it - at a discount - when it runs out?

Or, is it a complete waste of money as the perfumes offered within the industry are so many and are constantly changing?

Is it even practical in view of the impending restrictions to establish urns and guarantee the customer "the same thing"?
10 years ago
To be honest, if I was a die hard fan of Mugler perfumes, I could see why people would want the refills for the menagerie of bottles in their collection. But for me, I rarely finish a bottle and if I do, chances are I would move onto another perfume to try.

There is a source "fountain" at a local Ulta, and I have never seen it touched. How well kept and how often is the source refilled?
10 years ago
I feel the same way that I rarely finish a bottle.

CARON Boutique has urns where certain perfumes can be bought originally from that urn ... don't know about refills.

Bond No. 9 also has the refill policy, but one has to purchase new items to get a free refill of an existing one.

To me it is not a "thing for the future" as more and more NEW scents get issued at a rapid speed.
Last edited by Pipette on 26.03.2014, 00:47; edited 1 time in total
10 years ago
Hayven:

There is a source "fountain" at a local Ulta, and I have never seen it touched. How well kept and how often is the source refilled?

Really? How big is your Ulta? I've never seen such a thing at my Ulta...now I'm going to tease the ladies there and ask them where is the fountain...

As far as refills, not for any perfumes that I can think of that I might purchase today. I haven't emptied any bottles. I have too many that I rotate that I don't come close to emptying any. Altho if I knew I could get refills of Dior Addict and D&G Intense at a discount...hmmmm, I might use them more oftem...
10 years ago
I would Just prefer to purchase a NEW bottle. Unless they Were giving refills for free, if course! Very Happy
10 years ago
Sorceress:
Hayven:

Really? How big is your Ulta? I've never seen such a thing at my Ulta...now I'm going to tease the ladies there and ask them where is the fountain...

As far as refills, not for any perfumes that I can think of that I might purchase today. I haven't emptied any bottles. I have too many that I rotate that I don't come close to emptying any. Altho if I knew I could get refills of Dior Addict and D&G Intense at a discount...hmmmm, I might use them more oftem...

To be honest, I wasn't expecting to find one at an Ulta. I found it at the end of one of the perfume shelves. The store is a large space; it takes up half of a square building while the other side has a Baskin Robbins and a Hawaiian BBQ shop.
10 years ago
Pipette:
I feel the same way that I rarely finish a bottle.

CARON Boutique has urns where certain perfumes can be bought originally from that urn ... don't know about refills.

Bond No. 9 also has the refill policy, but one has to purchase new items to get a refill.

To me it is not a "thing for the future" as more and more NEW scents get issued at a rapid speed.

That doesn't make sense to me, what Bond no 9 does. Might as well buy a new bottle!
10 years ago
Yes thank you to refills, especially if they come in recyclable containers!
10 years ago
Refill system is our future, that's for sure.
10 years ago
Mojper:
Refill system is our future, that's for sure.

??? How is that? Please elaborate. Smile
10 years ago

Here it is, a source thingie at Ulta. I'm being nitpicky here, but I think the Alien juice should be in the purple container. Razz
two arguments: perfume shelf-life and the problem of fakes 10 years ago
I have often lamented that the beautiful Tocca bottles do not have screw-off tops, which would make them reusable.

Here's an example: Tocca "Brigitte"
They only contain 50ml, so it seems like an awful waste of a beautiful glass object.

However, I understand why perfume companies are loathe to offer screw-off atomizers, and it's not just because the perfume spoils more quickly in non-sealed bottles.

It's also because the problem of fakes is already way out of control. Imagine if all perfume bottles were refillable? Ebay would be literally awash with fakes!

Confused
10 years ago
Having just had a perfume go off I wouldn't risk refillable, even though that's what I grew up with; tamperproof are here to stay. What would be interesting is a Soviet type packaging, all perfume sold in standardised bottles, making the fragrance the only real choice. Oh wait, there's a lovely blue moon with a cow jumping over it
10 years ago
I'm all for recycling and I try and reuse things as much as possible, but I agree with the majority here. I just don't like the idea of refills, the perfume can be tampered with and there is no guarantee of quality if it's under artificial lighting or if lots of people can get their germs all over the equipment. Maybe I'm just getting fussy in my old age, but I'll buy a new bottle each time.
Confused
Notify about new comments
Forum Overview Perfumes & Brands Your Perfume - How about a refill?
Jump to